Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ Sub-Forum

It seems we keep sprouting new sub-fora here in the bio-male section. I see we just sprouted one for introductions. Why can't we have one for FAQ rather than someone trying to maintain one off site? Then, the five or so newbies we acquire each day can just go there or be directed there before they start asking the same questions that were asked the day before by someone else.

(09-02-2014, 07:14 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  It seems we keep sprouting new sub-fora here in the bio-male section. I see we just sprouted one for introductions. Why can't we have one for FAQ rather than someone trying to maintain one off site? Then, the five or so newbies we acquire each day can just go there or be directed there before they start asking the same questions that were asked the day before by someone else.
Agreed, Monica. It would be very useful. And it has been suggested and discussed before though no one has ever acted on it in the past. I asked Eve for the new member section by PM this morning and she responded immediately. Perhaps someone else (hint hint...tee hee) might want to do do the same in this case?Smile

(09-02-2014, 07:42 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(09-02-2014, 07:14 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  It seems we keep sprouting new sub-fora here in the bio-male section. I see we just sprouted one for introductions. Why can't we have one for FAQ rather than someone trying to maintain one off site? Then, the five or so newbies we acquire each day can just go there or be directed there before they start asking the same questions that were asked the day before by someone else.
Agreed, Monica. It would be very useful. And it has been suggested and discussed before though no one has ever acted on it in the past. I asked Eve for the new member section by PM this morning and she responded immediately. Perhaps someone else (hint hint...tee hee) might want to do do the same in this case?Smile

That's a great idea Monika, btw, EVE never ceases to amaze! She's so AWESOME! Wink

Ok, who contacted Eve? Monica? Lotus? Come on, fess up. Tee hee. Good work whoever did so. Now, who wants to take a stab at listing the questions and answers?

Rolleyes

Hugs

Ah, I am reliably informed that we have our wonderful Mistress Lotus to thank for asking Eve to create the new FAQ section, as we as Monika for suggesting it. Thanks to all three of you! Big Grin

(11-02-2014, 09:06 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Ah, I am reliably informed that we have our wonderful Mistress Lotus to thank for asking Eve to create the new FAQ section, as we as Monika for suggesting it. Thanks to all three of you! Big Grin

The credit goes to Monika, Sammie and Eve, I just asked the question that you already did, but thanks Sammie your a sweetheart! Big Grin

(11-02-2014, 04:28 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Now, who wants to take a stab at listing the questions and answers?

While I like the idea of an FAQ section, I don't think it's practical to keep an evolving FAQ on this site due to the restrictions with editing. After that 24 hour deadline, you can't back and change or update the FAQ post. You would have to create a new one, which can get very messy when you want to revise questions and try to get them organized according to sub-category.

A static 10 question FAQ or something would work, but not something like the 27 question FAQ I wrote up and changed numerous times on sfem's blog.

It occured to me that we should have some threads that are stickies and locked. Then it occurred to me that we would need to ask Eve about doing this. Which led me to reflect in not wanting to bother her too often. Which got me to wondering about how she would feel about appointing one of us "gurls" as an assistant in order to not have us running to her every day or so. Thoughts?

Yes, these are good points. The FAQ should not be a normal thread which anyone can post to. It really needs an administrator to keep it properly organized so that it's effective in its purpose.

Clara Smile

(12-02-2014, 02:53 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Which got me to wondering about how she would feel about appointing one of us "gurls" as an assistant in order to not have us running to her every day or so. Thoughts?

I've had the same thoughts for a while now. Does someone want to volunteer for this assignment or should we appoint someone? Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon