Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Our dog is very ill, please pray for her

Thank you.

When that happened in February I prayed to God that our dog Jeany should either recover or die peacefully without suffering. After we have seen her blood tests (getting worser every day) and seeing her feeling worser every day we knew it was hopeless to wait any longer.

Before I told our dog to give us a sign if she wants us to put her to sleep and she stopped eating. The night before I woke up with a song in my head which was: "Time To Say Goodbye". Sad

On the day she stopped eating she went outside in the garden and laid in the sun, this is what she normally did every single day, but not after she got so ill. We knew it was time to let her go. We gave her one big bone (she loved bones) and she ate a little bit of it.

Then I had to make the hardest phone call ever, I called the vet and told him that we have to put her down. I told him that we want an appointment in 1-2 hours since we wanted to say goodbye to her. We drove to the beach and sat there with her, in the sand, watching the horses which were there at that time. Also one other small dog was there but Jeany was not interested in him. She was very exhausted but at the same time very happy to be there with us. We made some goodbye picture shots and cried silently all the time.

Then we drove to the vet, we had to wait approx. 15-20 minutes, it was so hard for us. Sad She slept silently and peacefully and we took her back with us and buried her in our garden. This all happened 3.5 months ago and I still have tears in my eyes when I write this. Sad

She was a wonderful dog, very smart, beautiful and had a lovely character. We will never forget her. Sad

We miss you Jeany. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I always avoided this thread because I knew it would make me cry. Well today I clicked on it, and my assumption was correct lol.

Sorry for your loss Peggy. I'm sure your dog had a great life though.Smile

Looks like I'm way late. Sorry.

(01-06-2014, 04:16 PM)echapman Wrote:  I am sorry that praying does not work for you and doesn't comfort you, but for some people it does. I don't affiliate myself with any particular religious organization, but I am not going to bash someone who does. She just lost her dog and if her friends want to send her positive thoughts and prayers then they can go ahead.

Having religion is cool. Bashing people who don't isn't cool. Not being religious is cool. Bashing those who do is not cool.

Well said. I'm not particularly religious either, but I hate it when people try to judge those who are, or even to persuade them that they are wrong. Some people are just entirely too egotistical lol.

Sorry. When it happened to my cat, I was content that they lived a comfortable life, but not so content with not knowing about their afterlife. It's expected to happen. Then its a chance for another pet to be brought into a home.

peggy, I'm so sorry to read about this. She was a beautiful doggy and had a good life with you and was well-loved. You gave her a wonderful life. God bless you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon