Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Our dog is very ill, please pray for her

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear this. I had two dogs and it was sad to lose them.

*gives big group hug

Thank you! This is her, today on the beach:

[attachment=5493]

@Jennifer: She had an ehrlichia infection (tick-borne disease) in 2009 and had chronic kidney failure since then. But it was not really bad at that time and until 2 weeks ago she felt great and was a very happy dog. Sad

We will miss her very much. She was a wonderful and beautiful dog and incredibly smart. RIP my darling! I will always love you.

(13-02-2014, 11:47 PM)peggy Wrote:  Thank you! This is her, today on the beach:

@Jennifer: She had an ehrlichia infection (tick-borne disease) in 2009 and had chronic kidney failure since then. But it was not really bad at that time and until 2 weeks ago she felt great and was a very happy dog. Sad

We will miss her very much. She was a wonderful and beautiful dog and incredibly smart. RIP my darling! I will always love you.

Aw peggy ive got tears welling up.
How wonderful you took her to see the sea beforehand. Crap now im crying (sorry).
What a beautiful girl.
Ive had to make that call before having them put to sleep. Just remember it was the right thing to do and she would have known that too on some level.
If you be real open to it you just might feel her next to you, shel never stray far from you.
Take care

Thank you Ella (hugs)

Peggy,

I am so sorry to hear this.

Many of us have had similar unhappy times, I once sent 2 dogs on their way the same day.

I hope these might help you through it:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/dogshevn.htm
and
http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/vest.htm

Dee

Thank you Dee.

i just saw this. i almost wish i hadn't because now i can't stop my tears. there are memories of love and of loss buried deep inside me. times when i've prayed over my pets. i've had dogs before but for many years have had cats. i can't stand seeing them hurt and when i've lost them it tears me to pieces and i get so empty it hurts. i've tried praying over them and placing healing hands and pleading in prayer for their return to health. fuckk, i can't stop the tears. i've wondered about ever having another pet, wondering if i have the strength to stand the loss but i have 3 cats now and every day when i leave for work and they're just all staring at me, i tell them i'm coming back soon and to be good. and when i return, i'm so thankful for them. the thought of one day losing them makes me wonder why but in the end, i think i know. i think of how much love they brought into my insignificant little life and i feel so lucky they were given to me for awhile and maybe, maybe, i'll see them again. i'm sorry peggy but i'm also glad that you were one of the lucky ones because you loved and they loved back and that's a wonderful gift for any life. solomé

Solomé, I thank you very much for your nice words. They come deep from your heart and I feel that you are very nice person. Thanks again.

(11-02-2014, 12:50 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(10-02-2014, 11:55 PM)peggy Wrote:  Our dog has acute kidney failure and we don't know if she will survive. It started 6 days ago, when she stopped eating, and got many seizures (epilepsy). We went to the vet who gave her fluids, but unfortunately only for two days, because he wanted to treat the epilepsy first. But the epilepsy was just a symptom of the kidney failure and since yesterday she is feeling really bad, very tired and sleepy. She is getting again fluids since today but the vet said that her creatinine and bun are horrible and that she most likely won't live longer than two days. Sad She has also a gastritis due to the kidney failure. Our poor dog. Sad

She still wants to eat, so we don't give up yet. But we are very anxious. Sad

Please pray for our dog. Thanks.

Sending thoughts your way Peggy. Sorry.
Nothing worse , have been there.
*hugs*

First, I'm very sorry to read about this. No animal should go through this.
Second, the best thing is NOT PRAYOR! It's not being selfish and keeping the dog, or any life form, alive if it's suffering. Remember, animals, especially dogs, don't show pain like us humans do. I have been a nurse for over 25 yrs, 15 in nursing homes, and more family members keep their "loved ones" alive with medications an "PRAYOR" (proven to NEVER work) so they can "hold on a bit longer" only for their own selfishness. I don't know why humans have such an infatuation with keeping people alive at no cost? Death is part of life. I watched my mother suffer so very badly from cancer and when I said, " this is when laws need to be changed and someone like Dr. Jack Kavorkian to help her in this suffering". My family disowned me for saying that? Seriously. I'm better off without them Jesus freaks anyway.
Good luck and

(01-06-2014, 03:59 PM)Toni2tits Wrote:  
(11-02-2014, 12:50 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(10-02-2014, 11:55 PM)peggy Wrote:  Our dog has acute kidney failure and we don't know if she will survive. It started 6 days ago, when she stopped eating, and got many seizures (epilepsy). We went to the vet who gave her fluids, but unfortunately only for two days, because he wanted to treat the epilepsy first. But the epilepsy was just a symptom of the kidney failure and since yesterday she is feeling really bad, very tired and sleepy. She is getting again fluids since today but the vet said that her creatinine and bun are horrible and that she most likely won't live longer than two days. Sad She has also a gastritis due to the kidney failure. Our poor dog. Sad

She still wants to eat, so we don't give up yet. But we are very anxious. Sad

Please pray for our dog. Thanks.

Sending thoughts your way Peggy. Sorry.
Nothing worse , have been there.
*hugs*

First, I'm very sorry to read about this. No animal should go through this.
Second, the best thing is NOT PRAYOR! It's not being selfish and keeping the dog, or any life form, alive if it's suffering. Remember, animals, especially dogs, don't show pain like us humans do. I have been a nurse for over 25 yrs, 15 in nursing homes, and more family members keep their "loved ones" alive with medications an "PRAYOR" (proven to NEVER work) so they can "hold on a bit longer" only for their own selfishness. I don't know why humans have such an infatuation with keeping people alive at no cost? Death is part of life. I watched my mother suffer so very badly from cancer and when I said, " this is when laws need to be changed and someone like Dr. Jack Kavorkian to help her in this suffering". My family disowned me for saying that? Seriously. I'm better off without them Jesus freaks anyway.
Good luck and

I am sorry that praying does not work for you and doesn't comfort you, but for some people it does. I don't affiliate myself with any particular religious organization, but I am not going to bash someone who does. She just lost her dog and if her friends want to send her positive thoughts and prayers then they can go ahead.

Having religion is cool. Bashing people who don't isn't cool. Not being religious is cool. Bashing those who do is not cool.

Peggy, I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost a dog as well from kidney failure and it was very devastating. EDIT- I also just noticed this is an old thread and I am not sure why it got restarted, but still... Sorry for your loss!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon