Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

No Turning Back

Jan, you appear to be on the slow growth path, but I think that's to your advantage. Take your time. Gradual breast development means you have a good long time to consider all the ramifications of the changes you're inducing through NBE. I've come to conclusion that most crossgenders have it rough, one way or another. There are so many obstacles and disappointments, as well as joys, on this journey. Often we are drawn along by the perception of a sweeter life on the other side, only to find that the grass isn't necessarily greener.

Jeez! That sounds very discouraging. I must be in a very pensive mood today.

I've only been at this NBE thing for 4 months, but it's been an avalanche of changes in my life. Sometimes, I don't even recognize myself from who I was just a few short months ago. From physical appearance to behavioral patterns to temperament, I am much changed. I want to say it was all because of PM, but I'm not so sure that's the whole story. PM seems to have acted as a detonator which has set off a much larger explosive force within.

At this juncture, I am trying to imagine where this path is leading and what to expect and prepare for as time progresses. I'm not as confident, as I once was, that I can stop the train at any time and get off. It's like Sammie wrote, your self-perception changes as events unfold. You shouldn't assume your perspective will stay the same as it is today; it won't.

I think that the most potentially promising and damaging outcome is the knowledge that you are not who you were. Whether you choose to let the world know that, or keep it from everyone, your knowing it will have an impact on so many different facets of your life -- some positive, some negative. It's good to have some idea what those effects will be, primarily on the ones closest to you, your career, and your own sense of well-being. Will the outcome be, on balance, an improvement in your life or a cause for regret?

I'm sounding a lot like Patti in this post, and I know it might be taking away some of the joy you are feeling at the moment. I'm going to click the 'Post Reply' button with some reluctance, because, at the end of the day, you'll want a joy that will be lasting, not temporary.

So congratulations! Here's to lasting joy on your journey of self-discovery.

Welcome, Jan, and a heartfelt hug for you,

Clara Smile

ClaraKay, your reply is not discouraging at all! Like the others it is honest, heartfelt and practical!

To let you know where I stand! I have known since from when I can remember that I was "wrong"! Family was hugely traditional, and I went to an all boys school....being different was not an option.

I suppressed everything, played the part, 20 years in the military, kids, and now another male dominated career. Have I thought about "changing" before.....yes, for the last 30 years. I can no longer just do nothing....time moves on, and I genuinely believe for my own sanity that I have no option.

To answer the question that might appear....I am keeping this to myself at the moment. Where I will end up...I do not know!

Hugs to all

Jan

(12-02-2014, 05:26 PM)Jan1964 Wrote:  I suppressed everything, played the part, 20 years in the military, kids, and now another male dominated career. Have I thought about "changing" before.....yes, for the last 30 years. I can no longer just do nothing....time moves on, and I genuinely believe for my own sanity that I have no option.

To answer the question that might appear....I am keeping this to myself at the moment. Where I will end up...I do not know!

Hugs to all

Jan

Sounds like my story Jan...welcome to the site! Big Grin

Curious how long ago did you ramp up to 2000 mg...

Scotti

5 months on 2x500 daily, last month on 1000 in the morning, 1000 before bed. Certainly seems to be moving things!

(12-02-2014, 11:32 PM)Jan1964 Wrote:  Scotti

5 months on 2x500 daily, last month on 1000 in the morning, 1000 before bed. Certainly seems to be moving things!

Oh, now I understand. 1000 mg/day is not likely to be enough to overcome the protective effects of DHT. Did you see any breast grow in the first 5 months?

Clara Smile

Hmmm, maybe I haven't been "preaching to the choir" after all?

(12-02-2014, 11:19 PM)Scotti Wrote:  
(12-02-2014, 05:26 PM)Jan1964 Wrote:  I suppressed everything, played the part, 20 years in the military, kids, and now another male dominated career. Have I thought about "changing" before.....yes, for the last 30 years. I can no longer just do nothing....time moves on, and I genuinely believe for my own sanity that I have no option.

Hugs to all

Jan

Sounds like my story Jan...welcome to the site! Big Grin

Curious how long ago did you ramp up to 2000 mg...

Ditto, except I had a total of 27 years in the military! Did my best to supress Lisa by engaging in every macho thing I could (I was a 3 tabber), but the greedy bitch kept rearing hear sexy head! Tongue

She's out now, and that bitch ain't going back into hiding! Cool Big Grin

(13-02-2014, 12:47 AM)Lisa Lou Wrote:  Ditto, except I had a total of 27 years in the military! Did my best to supress Lisa by engaging in every macho thing I could (I was a 3 tabber), but the greedy bitch kept rearing hear sexy head! Tongue

She's out now, and that bitch ain't going back into hiding! Cool Big Grin

That bitch made quite a splash at the Fashion Show, Lisa. Tongue She's out now and here to stay. That's quite a wardrobe you displayed, hon. Got more? Gotta get a pair of those gold sandals.

Clara Smile

So nicely put Samantha this place helps open up and unlock key to everyone pain that was kept locked up for so long. Even some of us double lock are emotion that we don't even know what is real or unreal. Deep down inside we know what we want .we are afraid to open up. Jan that is what this place is all about helping and hugging the pain away.
welcome dear Jan. ((Hugs))

(12-02-2014, 11:49 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(12-02-2014, 11:32 PM)Jan1964 Wrote:  Scotti

Oh, now I understand. 1000 mg/day is not likely to be enough to overcome the protective effects of DHT. Did you see any breast grow in the first 5 months?

Clara Smile

Not really, here's hoping 2000 will do the trick! Smile. Things are starting!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon