Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

why do doctors say no

(16-02-2014, 12:33 AM)Lisia Wrote:  
(15-02-2014, 03:47 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(14-02-2014, 10:59 PM)Lisia Wrote:  
(14-02-2014, 05:29 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  It's the same reason that there are so many proven cancer cures, but they won't tell you about them, and if you mention them to THEM, they say those won't work! But I KNOW they do!! Drs. are in the pockets of Big Pharma. They are there to push as many drugs onto you as they can. Sure, some are not into that and DO treat you well, but, not as many as should. Natural remedies keep money from their pockets, so they won't push them at all!! In the `40's or `50's, one Dr. did everything he could to discredit the cancer cure another Dr. was using with great success, but, when he also came down with cancer, guess who he secretly went to see to get it cured? That's right!! The Dr. that was having great success with a natural cure!! The same one he'd been trying to discredit!!
I suspect there's also some homophobia at play, so they don't want you to know that you can grow tits because it's "GAY"!!!! That dirty word!!!!

I believe you are referring to Dr Max Gerson. I can't remember off the top of my head who the Dr was that he cured, but he was VERY well known at the time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the guy. If I recall correctly, he was from Texas. It's possibly the guy he cured was a lawyer, not a doctor. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, so, some details are sketchy.
He was originally from Germany and it was a well known doctor that he cured, will have to look up his name. For those who have Netflix, there is a great documentary called The Beautiful Truth. It really opened my eyes and was one of the first things that put me on a path to better nutrition.

There is a Dr in Houston TX with a "controversial" cancer cure named Burzynski. There is an excellent documentary about him on Netflix as well.

Okay, I HAVE heard of Gerson and Burzynski, but, I just checked the movie I'm talking about and it wasn't them. You can find the one I was talking about (Harry Hoxsey) here: http://youtu.be/gWLrfNJICeM I have it set to start right where his bit is.

Thank you I will check it out!

(14-02-2014, 04:40 AM)annabolton Wrote:  Ok so with how many people have results and how many testimonials there are on this site alone on how effective NBE is, how come most doctors say it wont work? And Why haven't more studies been done on this stuff? It really baffles me... I mean with how many people want to increase there breast size and how much implants cost you would expect more attention towards NBE. So whats your opinion on this?

What surprises me is the number of TGs and CDs who completely belittle NBE (in fact there are some pretty big boards catering to TGs that will outright ban you for advocating NBE). I am personally amazed at how effective PM is, and personally I'd like to keep it under most people's radar. Otherwise it could explode in popularity and cost, and (heaven forbid) become a controlled substance in the US by FDA decree. I've often read that if aspirin were just discovered today it would actually be a controlled substance.

Just my 2 cents on the subject!

Misty

It is ignorance combined with arrogance. Somebody shells out some bucks for one of the "miracle breast pills" and nothing happens...of course... so they get pissed off, start thinking they know everything about herbs, goes on HRT and forever bad mouths herbs.....all without studying the facts.
LOL

(15-02-2014, 01:42 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  After all, it is difficult enough to predict reliably the effect of a single chemical compound in a prescription pharmaceutical administered with carefully controlled dosage and conditions. Saw Palmetto is a good example. The explanations of its action and the results of trials are all over the place. PM is even more complex.

That complication may go to explain the mechanistic, reductionist thinking in the creation of pharmaceuticals.

I believe that "the whole is more than the sum of its parts" applies here. Just because research has resulted in a consistent 'x mg of y results in z' doesn't mean that other constituents don't have a compounding effect.

It also seems to me that our bodies respond better to the natural things with the "unnecessary" other ingredients than they do to synthetic singular formulas.

As an admittedly anecdotal and probably scientifically meaningless example, I did see coconut oil make a more dramatic reduction in the blood pressure of an older gentleman of my acquaintance, compared to the extremely expensive prescription of another. That has of course been often replicated by others, enough to give the theory some weight, but not, quite naturally, thoroughly proven in double-blind studies at laboratories in universities most certainly not funded by coconut farmers! Dodgy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon