Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

FAQ-Aromatase for NBE

(22-01-2016, 07:52 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(22-01-2016, 07:20 PM)Darla Wrote:  Sound like catbeginner and I are in the same boat.
Love your research Lotus and Dynseli. You add so much information to this community... kinda like BN's Dr Ozzz lol
I have read many of your articles.
Looks like GreenTea, WP and Reishi would be a good start, but I'm not sure.
Feel free to PM me if you can recommend a great beginning NBE start.
Thanks.

Ah lol thanks @ oz.

Yes, those are a good start to use, however, I have a new, cheaper more effective plan, I listed part of it in your intro post. Wink

Thanks so much! I did have to ask for some clarification on a few items. But I think I have most of it.
All very interesting reading too!

I have a CX 133 5.1 Amp/receiver..... Does that count??

Dear Lotus..... You may know what you are talking about.... But I am lost......

(22-01-2016, 11:17 PM)iaboy Wrote:  I have a CX 133 5.1 Amp/receiver..... Does that count??

Dear Lotus..... You may know what you are talking about.... But I am lost......

Ok, so what if taking an OTC anti-inflammatory (pick one, except aspirin), antihistamine, and a gamma linoleic acid (borage oil) supplement upregulates aromatase, and this would be stronger then what's in the current NBE inventory.

This is what the science is saying to me.

For my friend...

(31-07-2015, 03:54 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Although aromatase level per adipose tissue fibroblast may be small, the sum of estrogen arising from billions of adipose tissue fibroblasts in the entire body makes a physiologic impact. The principal product of the ovary is the potent estrogen estradiol. In adipose tissue, estrogenically weak estrone is produced from androstenedione of adrenal origin in relatively large quantities. However, at least half of this peripherally produced estrone is eventually converted to estradiol in extraovarian tissues.

Molecular Bases and Phenotypic Determinants of Aromatase
http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/ij...584807.pdf

IMO, promoter I.4 (skin and adipose) is the one we should focus on, (skin fibroblasts).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9600]

http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/conten....expansion

Physiological regulation of aromatase expression. FSH induces aromatase expression via a cAMP-dependent pathway in ovarian granulosa cells via promoter II. SF-1 mediates this action of FSH. On the other hand, a combination of a glucocorticoid and a member of the class I cytokine family induces aromatase expression in skin and adipose tissue fibroblasts via promoter I.4 located 73 kb upstream of the coding region. Binding of STAT-3 and glucocorticoid receptor (GR) upstream of promoter I.4 mediates regulation of aromatase expression in these fibroblasts.

Regulation of Aromatase Expression in Estrogen-Responsive Breast and Uterine Disease: From Bench to Treatment
http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/conten...9.full.pdf

(06-03-2015, 04:17 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Here's an update on some novel approaches towards aromatase.

cAMP-dependent signaling pathways (cyclic adenosine monophosphat).
COX2 inhibitors (PGE2), problematic
protein kinase A (PKA)
Free fatty acids

aromatase expression is switched to promoters I.3 and II which are transactivated by protein kinase A (PKA) and cAMP-dependent signaling pathways.

These are promoters genes for aromatase.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9036]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142499/

(31-07-2015, 03:54 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I just found another Aromatase alternative, (you'll never guess the name) Rolleyes

Icariin from Epimedium brevicornum Maxim promotes the biosynthesis of estrogen by aromatase (CYP19).
Yang L1, Lu D, Guo J, Meng X, Zhang G, Wang F.

Abstract
ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE:
Epimedium brevicornum Maxim has long been used for the treatment of osteoporosis in China and other Asian countries. However, the mechanism behind the antiosteoporotic activity of this medicinal plant is not fully understood.
AIM OF THE STUDY:
The present study was designed to investigate the effects of five widely used antiosteoporotic medicinal plants (Epimedium brevicornum, Cuscuta chinensis, Rhizoma drynariae, Polygonum multiflorum, and Ligustrum lucidum) on the production of estrogen, and identify the bioactive compounds responsible for the estrogen biosynthesis-promoting effect.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Human ovarian granulosa-like KGN cells were used to evaluate estrogen biosynthesis, and the production of 17β-estradiol was quantified by a magnetic particle-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kit. Further, the mRNA expression of aromatase was determined by a quantitative real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR), and the protein expression of aromatase was detected by western blotting. The activity of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in rat osteoblastic UMR-106 cells was measured using p-nitrophenyl sodium phosphate assay.
RESULTS:
Among the 5 antiosteoporotic medicinal plants, the extract of Epimedium brevicornum was found to significantly promote estrogen biosynthesis in KGN cells. Icariin, the major compound in Epimedium brevicornum, was identified to be the active compound for the estrogen biosynthesis-promoting effect. Icariin promoted estrogen biosynthesis in KGN cells in a concentration- and time-dependant manner and enhanced the mRNA and protein expressions of aromatase, which is the only enzyme for the conversion of androgens to estrogens in vertebrates. Further study showed that icariin also promoted estrogen biosynthesis and ALP activity in osteoblastic UMR-106 cells.
CONCLUSIONS:
These results show that the promotion of estrogen biosynthesis is a novel effect of Epimedium brevicornum, and icariin could be utilized for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.

Give up?............

Aka-Horny Goat Weed. Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon