Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Sizes make me crazy.

Personally, I'm not afraid...I've bought quite a few things in brick and mortar stores. Tops,miniskirts, pantyhose, makeup.....whatever. I honestly kinda miss when it made me nervous to do so. Was a nice little thrill. I realize I don't speak for everyone, though.

Everything is just way cheaper online, that's all. I do need to hit a thrift store sometime soon though.

I don't know about the price thing, Sarah. I bought a nice just-above- the-knee skirt at Wal-mart last week for $5, and a pair of like new red patent (real leather) 4" heels at Goodwill for $3.50. Not a bit of use, judging by the soles. Maybe they weren't someone's color, or they couldn't handle 4" heels. Probably not my best color, either, but I could not help myself. I even found a bra/panty set at Wally world for $11, and seeing as they are hard to find in matching sets, of course I had to have them, too.

I don't know if you ever truly lose the nervousness, but it's part of the thrill, too. And you do learn to ignore it. I understand why women have sooo much fun shopping. Even if you're just looking, or as my wife says, "eye-shopping".

You can't shop like a man for women's clothing...

I've used your method, or a variation of it Patti, as do most genetic women I think. Just pay a little attention as they shop. Things get pulled out, HELD UP and either put back or kept for the dressing room. The tag size gets you in the ballpark (sometimes) but you just have to "know" and recognize a garment that will fit you by sight or by Patti's method. It comes with experience. If your nervous and use the grab-and-go male method, your going to get a lot of stuff that wont fit. Online is tricky, read the reviews and look for sizing comments like, "it runs small or large". When In doubt, I buy two sizes right away and return one (or sometimes both). Free shipping is almost a must and a local store to return things will seal the deal. Although trendy, stores that cater to teens rarely have clothes that fit my body so I generally avoid them.

The sizing thing is frustrating of course but I actually enjoy finding something that expresses my taste and style, fits right and is priced well. It takes patience but "Kari" honestly does ENJOY it.

I've started trying on clothes right in the store to save all the hassle of returning stuff that doesn't fit or look good on me. It's easy when the fitting rooms are unisex like at the thrift stores. You're right, Kari, about building up the skill of just looking at an item of clothing and making a reasonable judgement about it's suitability in style and size. And, shopping for women's clothes is a fun activity. I love the variety of colors and styles.

I don't like to buy on-line if I can help it, even with free returns. I read that roughly 25% of items purchased at Amazon are returned because people buy a couple of sizes and always return one. Last I heard, Amazon has yet to make a bottom line profit. Huh

Clara Smile

Well, I love shopping, so I never mind making returns, as it gives me another excuse to browse...hee hee. I just dont bother trying things on anymore. I have gotten to where I hate getting undressed in a store just because it takes too long. I go into a TJMax and buy a bunch of stuff I like and then try it on at home at my leisure. If I dont love it it goes back. And I get to shop again.Tongue
But the size thing is just stupid. I think they size larger things as smaller sizes so women can kid themselves about their size.Dodgy

I always pick up a male item or two as decoys, and then take all the items into the male dressing room. I can then try on the women's clothing to see what fits.

I have always shopped for clothes for my wife for gifts, so I don't think it's surprising to others to see a man in the ladies department. I don't "hold the clothes up against my body", however, unless there is no one around.

Misty

(20-02-2014, 05:10 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I always pick up a male item or two as decoys, and then take all the items into the male dressing room. I can then try on the women's clothing to see what fits.

Oh, what a great idea, Misty. I'm always learning new things from you girls. Thanks for that tip. You're a dear.

Clara Smile

(20-02-2014, 05:52 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(20-02-2014, 05:10 PM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I always pick up a male item or two as decoys, and then take all the items into the male dressing room. I can then try on the women's clothing to see what fits.

Oh, what a great idea, Misty. I'm always learning new things from you girls. Thanks for that tip. You're a dear.

Clara Smile

All the SA's know.... and don't care.... but if it makes you feel better! lol.

(20-02-2014, 06:16 PM)Karren Wrote:  
(20-02-2014, 05:52 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  

Clara Smile

All the SA's know.... and don't care.... but if it makes you feel better! lol.

You got it, Karren, it's not what other people think, it's what I think other people think, if that makes sense. Big Grin

Clara Smile

Yeah.... I assume everyone knows.... so I'm never disappointed.. lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon