Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Personality Types

(22-02-2014, 01:57 AM)MichelleM Wrote:  
(22-02-2014, 12:50 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Well, here is what my test resulted in, didn't care for the yes/no only options on some of the questions that could vary to a WIDE degree.

Quote:INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(25%) Judging(67%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I don't think it had the (Judging(67%)) right, i'm not a judgmental person.

The way I think the way my brother (who was certified in this at the time) explained it to me was that Judging indicates a preference for closure on things, while Perceiving indicates a preference for keeping your options open. Does that perhaps fit?

I agree, some of the tests out there present false dichotomies; and the terminology (like J vs P) is a little odd.

Michelle

Ah, Ok.

There seems to be a pattern of introverts here. But that could be for a few reasons. Interesting nevertheless. Hope more people respond.

Yes, I would also like to see more people respond. I'm curious to see if there is a pattern of thinkers vs. feelers who pursue NBE.

ISFJ
Introvert(67%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(50%) Judging(1%)

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I had to take one of these in Orientation a couple of years ago. Could've sworm I was INTJ at that time.

Oh well, maybe my brain chemistry is altered now Big Grin

(25-02-2014, 12:47 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  ISFJ
Introvert(67%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(50%) Judging(1%)

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I had to take one of these in Orientation a couple of years ago. Could've sworm I was INTJ at that time.

Oh well, maybe my brain chemistry is altered now Big Grin

Sarah, a while ago I asked my therapist on what personality type he thought I would be most compatible with in a romantic relationship. His response: ISFJ [Image: smiley-laughing019.gif]

I realize your preference for sensing and judging is borderline, but I think this would help explain our chemistry. [Image: smiley-confused005.gif]

(25-02-2014, 01:30 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Sarah, a while ago I asked my therapist on what personality type he thought I would be most compatible with in a romantic relationship. His response: ISFJ [Image: smiley-laughing019.gif]

I realize your preference for sensing and judging is borderline, but I think this would help explain our chemistry. [Image: smiley-confused005.gif]

LOL...its like a "scientific" horoscope. Somewhat predictably, I feel something like chemistry between people doesn't need to be explained.

Your therapist sessions don't sound much like mine btw Big Grin

Something that may help clear things up a bit:

Extraverted (E)
Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction

Introverted (I)
Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction

Intuitive (N)
Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen

Sensing (S)
Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened

Thinking (T)
Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality

Feeling (F)
Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation

Judging (J)
Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure

Prospecting (P)
Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom.

You can read more about your personality type here: http://www.16personalities.com/type-descriptions

I was tested a few years ago (at one of those week-long management training seminars) as INTJ. Every component was rather strongly tilted as I recall. I wonder if since releasing my female psyche, I would have a different result. I doubt it.

I was taught that extroverts absorb energy by being around, and interacting with other people, while introverts recharge their batteries by seeking time away from others.

I could always tell who the extroverts were, because at the end of long day's work, they always wanted to go to a club to socialize over a beer or cocktail, and to party. I, on the other hand, wanted to go home and enjoy a nice solitary wank. Big Grin

Clara Smile

INFP
Introversion 18%
Intuition 35%
Feeling 29%
Prospecting 16%

Hmmm. Interesting, but hardly life-shattering in my quest for a little peace amid all the chaos. Now I'm left to wonder, after looking at the poll, who is the other one?

I was INFP years ago but I always com up INTJ now...

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon