Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

So I decided to weigh out my powdered PM dose...

(01-04-2014, 10:47 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I pack my own gel caps with 500 mg of PM powder 100 capsules at a time. I completely fill both halves of a "00" capsule and slide them together. Comes out exactly 500 mg net on the scale. That gives me 400 capsules from a single 200 gram bottle of the Ainterol R1 powder for less than $40. It's a much more accurate way to determine your dosage.

Clara Smile

Ok Clara you got me thinking and I just weighed a complete capsule...

8 grains or 518 MG according to the math Im using, pretty closeSmile

So are your caps 500 MG weight including the capsule or just the powder???

(01-04-2014, 10:53 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  
(01-04-2014, 10:47 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I pack my own gel caps with 500 mg of PM powder 100 capsules at a time. I completely fill both halves of a "00" capsule and slide them together. Comes out exactly 500 mg net on the scale. That gives me 400 capsules from a single 200 gram bottle of the Ainterol R1 powder for less than $40. It's a much more accurate way to determine your dosage.

Clara Smile

Ok Clara you got me thinking and I just weighed a complete capsule...

8 grains or 518 MG according to the math Im using, pretty closeSmile

So are your caps 500 MG weight including the capsule or just the powder???

I weighed the contents of an Ainterol R1 capsule and it was very near 500 mg (just the powder). But I weighed the contents of just a single capsule. I suppose there's a little variation from one to the next. Filling my own capsules gives me close to 500 mg +/- 10 per capsule. I've filled 300 capsules so far. A bit tedious, but the savings are substantial.

Clara Smile

Well the difference must be the scale.... Either way Im just trying to get a consistent dose comparable to the caps instead of using that cheesy little spoon like some kind of PM junky LOL... NOTHING accurate at all about that and very hard to even try to keep track ofRolleyes

I thought about getting all the stuff to make caps, probably should...

I take an empty 500 mg PM bottle and fill it with the powder and spoon out of that so I dont have to keep opening up my bigger stash in an attempt to keep it all fresh Big Grin:

After years of half-hearted attempts at NBE, I've finally gotten serious about it.
I started a thread last week asking about powdered PM doses and received some helpful information.
I ordered 5 ounces of powdered PM, and a 00 capsule filling machine for less than $50.00 including shipping. They should arrive in another day or two. A local vitamin store sells 250 empty 00 gel caps for $7.00.
Forgive my ignorance, I am a newbie but, I'm confused on how to fill both ends of the capsule and then slide them together, as Clara suggested? I guess when the product arrives and I start filling capsules, I'll figure it out.
Any additional information and advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Take care and have a great one.
Leah

(01-04-2014, 04:21 PM)LittleMissS Wrote:  So we are obviously gonna need a bigger spoon RolleyesBig Grin

I mean it gets kinda nutty having to constantly take these little spoon fulls of PM like some kind of fiend LOL

Nice little stainless 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon leveled off = 12 grains...

that converts to 777 mg PM X 4 = 3108 mg...

So thats gonna be the new planSmile

I'm a bit concerned that your 1/4 teaspoon measure weighs out at 12 grains. I don't doubt the accuracy of your scale, but I have been reckoning on what I thought was reasonably sound reasoning that my level teaspoon measure was the equivalent of a little under 40 grains (38.6 grains - 2500mg). Perhaps I've underestimated the compressibility of th powder when filling and levelling the spoon. I'm not certain that it matters that much in any case provided that one can keep some kind of control on dosage.

Hi Annie yea thats my thought too, the reloading scale is great for gunpowder but that doesnt really compress like PM powder does....

Like you Im just trying to get a consistent doseWink

Hi Everybody,

I just found a nice little freeware program called Convert.
Convert for Windows
http://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

It will perform conversions that the Windows Calculator will not, including to and from grains.

Now I need a scale to see how much PM I've been taking. Using the large spoon that used to come with the bulk PM. As I posted previously at http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11988&pid=71268#pid71268 it takes 4 level small spoons to fill 1 large spoon. See also http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11493&pid=69913#pid69913 for a size comparison of the spoons.

So, going by your numbers, LittleMissS, 1 level large spoonful equals about 415 mg, that means I've had been taking up to 4980 mg per day instead of the 3000 mg that I thought I was taking. Whew!

BigDave

Well I donno what a "large spoon" looks like HA HA!!!

Really just posting my numbers on my scaleTongue

I just try to keep the amount of powder consistent with what you get taking the capsulesHuh

Thanks for the links, Ill check them outCool

(03-04-2014, 03:53 AM)LittleMissS Wrote:  Well I donno what a "large spoon" looks like HA HA!!!

Really just posting my numbers on my scaleTongue

I just try to keep the amount of powder consistent with what you get taking the capsulesHuh

Thanks for the links, Ill check them outCool

Hi LittleMissS,

See my post http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11493&pid=69913#pid69913 for a size comparison of the spoons.

As to the capsules, I've never taken them, only the bulk powder. It would be nice to know exactly how much PM I've been taking.

BigDave

Hi!
My Powdered PM arrived today!
5 oz. of powder, made 216 size 00 capsules. Tamped until full in the large end.
The machine made 24 at once, it took approximately 4 teaspoons, (Actual teaspoon, rounded over, not exactly heaping) to make 24.
Could anyone give a guesstimate on the mg/capsule?
Thanks!
Leah

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon