Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vanity

Here is a new topic to consider...how do you feel (honestly now) that vanity figures into your CD, TG, GID, libido, fantasy or whatever else might have brought you to this site? By that I mean, what part does what you see in the mirror play? And how? Or does it at all? Just something to explore...Wink
Be honest!Tongue

Not even remotely a factor for me.

Im not vain.... I'm just better than everyone else! Big Grin

I don't know how to answer this. I mean, it's nice that I don't disgust myself completely lol....but my appearance is the only one I've experienced. I can't tell you how differently I'd approach GD if I looked differently....because I never have.

I don't want to find out, either! Knowing my luck it wouldn't be any better than my current appearance Big Grin

...Sammie, you must look a lot better than me in your alter ego. Smile I do, but don't like to see myself in the mirror cross dressed. In fact, the word I often use to describe myself is hideous. I think my male reflection looks a lot better than my female so to answer your question, vanity does not play into my CD, TG, GID at all.

Hmm...I think I look much better as a female....but its hard to tell how much of my opinion is wishful thinking as opposed to reality.

Of course, I'm sure that's a pretty common thought around here.

(22-02-2014, 10:07 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  Not even remotely a factor for me.

Same for me. My height, build and facial structure is clearly masculine. When I started NBE, I had no idea what kind of development I would achieve, if any.

Honestly, even as a guy, I never considered myself to be attractive.

"You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this thread is about you
Don't you? Don't you?"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Tee hee Big Grin

I have an automatic, unconcious ability to look in a mirror and (a) not see my head ( bald, beard,etc!), (b) ignore my unfeminine faults. i.e I see what I WANT to see, unless I force myself to look at reality - photos help with this.
In my experience this is pretty common to all TG folk, whether TV or TS and gets worse with age!

Well, based on this definition:

Vanity: Excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit

I would have to say that I am not vain.

If, on the other hand, you mean to what extend does my physical appearance factor into my female gender identity expression, I'd say, a lot.

It frustrates me that I'm unable to achieve what I consider an acceptable feminine appearance. But, I keep trying.

Could it be the reason we pursue breast growth so fervently is that, psychologically, we feel that having large breasts makes up for not otherwise looking feminine?

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon