Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

When did you first realize you wanted breasts?

(28-02-2014, 02:12 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  As early as 8 years old I wished I didn't have a penis, but at puberty that got swamped by a flood of T!

That's very interesting, Annie. There was a time when some in the psychiatric profession believed that best treatment for a male patient with GID was to administer doses of testosterone. Of course, today we know that doing so only makes the dysphoria worse. Based on your experience, maybe that's not altogether true, if I understand what happened in your youth.

Clara Smile

(28-02-2014, 06:52 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(28-02-2014, 02:12 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  As early as 8 years old I wished I didn't have a penis, but at puberty that got swamped by a flood of T!

That's very interesting, Annie. There was a time when some in the psychiatric profession believed that best treatment for a male patient with GID was to administer doses of testosterone. Of course, today we know that doing so only makes the dysphoria worse. Based on your experience, maybe that's not altogether true, if I understand what happened in your youth.

Clara Smile

No, I suspect that it caused or severely aggravated the actual dysphoria. I believe very much in what is sometimes referred to as sublimation, that is dealing with a dysphoria by adopting, consciously or otherwise some not necessarily related activity that submerges the dysphoria. For example, sublimation is an absolute necessity for pedophiles to get on in our society: those that hit the headlines are those that fail, even partially. I'm fairly certain that two of the most influential teachers I had at school were in fact both fully (so far as I know) sublimated pedophiles. One common form of sublimation for our type of dysphoria is being aggressively or excessively male in behaviour. For me I found travel to be one escape, and acquiring a ready made family and a physical relationship with my one and only was another. Sublimation may be an important benefit for many of us with enduring marriages. Even cross dressing can be considered a form of sublimation if considered a substitute for seeking some degree of actual transition (such as growing breasts?).

Right on the money, Annie! In my case, looking back now with twenty twenty hindsight, it is easy for me to detect many activities and habits, pastimes etc that I adopted to sublimate my desires. I suspect that my relentless push to bed women when younger was even part of this. I guess we all have found mechanisms like this to one degree or another.
In a related way, the adoption of ultra masculine ways in order to mask the inner femme, reminds me of those who, with the least knowledge, are always the most certain of their opinions, while those that acquire greater understanding become less and less fixed. Do you see the connection I am seeing?

(28-02-2014, 02:02 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  In a related way, the adoption of ultra masculine ways in order to mask the inner femme, reminds me of those who, with the least knowledge, are always the most certain of their opinions, while those that acquire greater understanding become less and less fixed. Do you see the connection I am seeing?

All right... now I know I'm around some smart people! Smile

That strikes a chord with me, Annie, and I must say you've expressed it most effectively. Sublimation, if I understand the meaning of the word in this context, is a conscious act to transform the socially unacceptable to the acceptable. For me, I think much of my reasons for embracing masculine behaviors was subconscious. I had no frame of reference within which to judge whether my behavior was normal or not, which was largely due to a lack of understanding (ignorance), as Sammie points out.

Clara

I was 10-12 and read judy blume god this is Margaret where are you
I tried the i must increase my bust exercise often. Than in high school for spirit week dressed girlie
Then about 6-8 yrs ago started reading about herbs and did fenugreek on and off many times. Now tring p.m. we'll see whats next

Welcome, Jamie d. Thanks for your reply. I'm sure you will find PM an amazingly effective breast growth herb. What dosage are you on presently?

Clara

It is coincidental that this post appeared. I haven't been on this site in a good while and I was going to search for some answers today. I didn't know that it was possible for men to grow breasts about three years ago. All I knew was that my nipples were the most sensitive part of my body and it would be wonderful to increase their sensitivity. I found out that there were claims of men growing boobs but thought it was a scam. I had never heard of a she-male and didn't understand the reasons for sex change. I was only 62 at the time, so I was really inexperienced. I found this site and began to believe some of the stories. Some of the pictures looked like people that weren't very good at Photoshop or were delusional about what breasts looked like. There were a couple of men who had believable pictures with breasts that looked good in a bra.
My problem is do I really want breasts? I read the articles on the site and decided that taking BO didn't involve many sacrifices, so I tried it for nine months. After that period I realized I was being delusional about any effects of the product. Everyone raved about PM and you didn't have to be a health nut to get results. I started taking 2000 mg a day and about four months later, I felt a slight growth behind my nipples. I didn't notice any positive effects for sensitivity which I told myself was my primary objective, although I thought wearing a bra would be fun. I quit the PM.About two months later the growth was gone and I decided it was an interesting experiment and I should try it again. I did and within two months the growth was back and I could tell that if I continued, the effects were permanent. I panicked and stopped. I threw out all of my crossdressing items and 2 1/2 bottles of PM. That was six months ago.
The urge to try it again is back. I enjoyed using my Noogleberry and electro breast stimulator. It was very relaxing. My dilemma is not the question of wanting breasts, but making the decision to cross that line. I hope the veterans on this site will weigh in on this thread.

Notrenoir, your dilemma is very much a common one. There are many barriers to "crossing the line", and the barriers grow in number as you approach your middle years, having made huge investments and commitments toward a way of life.

You are only a couple years younger than I. What I've discovered, is that many of the barriers to transitioning a little or a lot, fall away at our age. Having graduated from parenthood, retired from the labor force, and having survived the forces that push people into divorce, it finally comes down to convincing oneself that it's now or never.

If having breasts is more of a sexual fetish than a true gender identity issue, I would not recommend experimenting with breast growth. The effects of PM on your body (breast growth in particular) and your mind (loss of interest in sex, possible anxiety or depression) only tend to complicate your life.

Gender identity dysphoria is a completely different reason to pursue hormone rebalancing whether using pharma or phyto estrogens. Years of mental discomfort can be relieved with appropriate therapeutic counsel and support structures (like this forum).

It's always a personal decision to cross the line or not. Most come to make the right decision in the end, so you're likely to do so, too. Good luck.

Hugs,

Clara Smile

Thnx clara i started evanance es. But switching to pm when this bottle is done
after reading more.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon