Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Detoxing your body

(06-03-2014, 01:08 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:03 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:00 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 12:55 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(04-03-2014, 11:23 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Ditto to that but that said... who knows my bad knee would be like if i stopped... one thing i do notice on msm though.. the DREAMS!!!! Omg vivid realistic and for the most part scary as hell dreams :s -natural disasters lately... not cool!

I don't know that MSM is effecting my dreams, but I have had a few kinda odd ones, but, nothing new there. I fell flat on my face (okay, on my stomach) about a month ago and, although I didn't land on my knee, it's been sore ever since! Also, I'm dealing with a pretty bad case of water retention in my right leg for the past three weeks (as of tomorrow night). Otherwise, I haven't noticed ANY changes via MSM. Not to say that what I just mentioned had ANYTHING to do with MSM.

Swollen leg doesnt sound too good missed Sad

Detoxing-warm water and honey on am empty stomach first thing in morn if it hasnt been mentioned.
I know, Ella. I've been taking water pills, but the swelling isn't going down. I lie down for a while with my feet above my body and SOME of the swelling goes away, but, as soon as I put my feet back on the floor, they swell up again! Being at work isn't helping because I tend to sit around doing NOTHING all bloody day and, even when they DO have work for me, it's so limited I get NO exercise from it at ALL!!

Well i do hope you get to the source of that... can imagine how aweful it must be esp at work :s best wishes eh Smile

Thanks LOADS, Ella!! :-D I hope so, too!! I think, this weekend, come hell or high water, I'm going to set up my stage drums and have a good long bash and hope that helps clear up my leg!! Now that it's starting to warm up a bit, I'm gonna go out walking, too. Wish I had someone to walk with! :-/

(06-03-2014, 01:20 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:00 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 12:55 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I don't know that MSM is effecting my dreams, but I have had a few kinda odd ones, but, nothing new there. I fell flat on my face (okay, on my stomach) about a month ago and, although I didn't land on my knee, it's been sore ever since! Also, I'm dealing with a pretty bad case of water retention in my right leg for the past three weeks (as of tomorrow night). Otherwise, I haven't noticed ANY changes via MSM. Not to say that what I just mentioned had ANYTHING to do with MSM.

Swollen leg doesnt sound too good missed Sad

Detoxing-warm water and honey on am empty stomach first thing in morn if it hasnt been mentioned.
I know, Ella. I've been taking water pills, but the swelling isn't going down. I lie down for a while with my feet above my body and SOME of the swelling goes away, but, as soon as I put my feet back on the floor, they swell up again! Being at work isn't helping because I tend to sit around doing NOTHING all bloody day and, even when they DO have work for me, it's so limited I get NO exercise from it at ALL!!

Well i do hope you get to the source of that... can imagine how aweful it must be esp at work :s best wishes eh Smile

Thanks LOADS, Ella!! :-D I hope so, too!! I think, this weekend, come hell or high water, I'm going to set up my stage drums and have a good long bash and hope that helps clear up my leg!! Now that it's starting to warm up a bit, I'm gonna go out walking, too. Wish I had someone to walk with! :-/

Ha ha ha your funny! Good bash on the drums lol get the circulation going &stress relief!
wish i had some drums to bash on!!! Life is soo frustrating at time :s
walking is good! You have a dog? Id love a dog to walk and what better excuse to get out only cause youl bloody too :p

(06-03-2014, 01:36 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:00 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Swollen leg doesnt sound too good missed Sad

Ha ha ha your funny! Good bash on the drums lol get the circulation going &stress relief!
walking is good! You have a dog? Id love a dog to walk and what better excuse to get out only cause youl bloody too :p
Yep, that and exercise. I SOOO miss being on stage!!!! :-(
I'm sure you can find some drums pretty cheap on eBay. I bought a huge set of V-Drums, piece by piece, on eBay for just a few hundred. As a full set, they'd cost well over a thousand!
No, Murphy died a few years ago. But, even if I had another one, it's just not the same as having someONE to walk with.

(06-03-2014, 04:07 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:36 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2014, 01:03 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I know, Ella. I've been taking water pills, but the swelling isn't going down. I lie down for a while with my feet above my body and SOME of the swelling goes away, but, as soon as I put my feet back on the floor, they swell up again! Being at work isn't helping because I tend to sit around doing NOTHING all bloody day and, even when they DO have work for me, it's so limited I get NO exercise from it at ALL!!

Yep, that and exercise. I SOOO miss being on stage!!!! :-(
I'm sure you can find some drums pretty cheap on eBay. I bought a huge set of V-Drums, piece by piece, on eBay for just a few hundred. As a full set, they'd cost well over a thousand!
No, Murphy died a few years ago. But, even if I had another one, it's just not the same as having someONE to walk with.

I know missed i know Smile
if its any consolation i have a husband and yet i STILL have no one to walk with!!
And as much as drums would be fun for stress relief i find my good friends "pinot gris" and "heineken" does a pretty good job :p

(06-03-2014, 04:12 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  I know missed i know Smile
if its any consolation i have a husband and yet i STILL have no one to walk with!!
And as much as drums would be fun for stress relief i find my good friends "pinot gris" and "heineken" does a pretty good job :p
I "know" what that's like!! I have a few friends that are married, but still alone!
Yeah, but you can't buy beer, you can only rent it! (Pour it in one end and let it out the other.)

(03-03-2014, 07:03 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hi milk thistle is an all round detoxer. Ive taken it off and on for as long as I can remember and only ONE time did I have a reaction of sorts and I spent a 'little' bit of time on the toilet the following morining but what came out was pure waste and I was good from then on in. I find it very mild and suitable for everyday use but if you are sensitive the first thing id do is consult a local health shop or start with half a capsule daily and work up from there.
By rights water should be doing the trick and flushing you out, I think you need to be "regular" for starters and if your not milk thistle should get you there. IDK - hope this helps.

Ill def start by taking very very little, better safe than sorry Smile

(04-03-2014, 07:29 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  The most concentrated sources of antioxidants I know of are rice bran, spirulina and turmeric. 6+ teaspoons of rice bran, 8+ grams spirulina or 1+ teaspoon turmeric. I think chia seeds have a little too. Rice bran is the most tolerable on the stomach by a good margin, extremely cheap at health food stores, and nutritious in other ways. Antioxidants protect the liver from free radical damage as it removes toxic substances, and these free radicals are the biggest issue in attempting to neutralize toxic substances.

To keep it from being too harsh I think the best way is to start with a small amount like 1/2 teaspoon and gradually increase. Water and rest never hurt.

It's very noticeable.

Thanks for the advice Big Grin I took turmeric back in October but that was also when I overloaded with MSM and got awful detox symptoms so Ive been too afraid to try taking it again. But now that I know how good itll be for the liver Ill def try and start small Smile

(06-03-2014, 12:09 AM)tinker Wrote:  Milk thistle is wondrous and I've not experienced any wobbly moments when using.

I hate the preaching for it, but honestly for a speedy and efficient detox a brief juice cleanse is satisfying for the entire body. Three days can do the trick cleansing your body while also giving your digestive system a break.

If you're feeling ambitious, a five day cleanse you can reap the rewards of clear skin, bright eyes, visibly healthier hair (+ drop a little excess weight)

Ive thought about a juice cleanse, but Im underweight so Im scared that Ill end up fainting or messing something up in my body. I thought that I'll try to gain some weight first and then maybe give it a try. Im glad to hear you havent experienced any wobbly moments while using milk thistle, gives me hope that I wont have some annoying detox symptoms Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon