Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Emily Ann's progress

Hi Emily,

I am sorry you are distressed, honey. I well understand why. This whole business is way outside the mainstream and finding people from whom you can get good advice is hard, especially, I imagine, in the situation you describe.
First, I would recommend trying to relax. No one is pointing a gun at you demanding that you do anything. Smile
Many have travelled this road before you and it will be ok.
Ok?
Next, the fact that you are here at all indicates you may have gender issues of some kind. Have you, or can you find a gender therapist near you? Trying to determine what you honestly want is the first step. You say you do crossdress. Have you been doing so for long? Some bio males have CD tendencies while others are TS, and there is a large grey area in between. If CD is a sexual interest for yo then trying to grow breasts may take you into areas you will not want nor need to explore. It is a very slippery slope. For some, simply CD alone is enough to quell the GID.
On the the hand, if your GID is strong, then pursuing change may be right for you.
The nice thing about herbs is that the changes occur more slowly and allow for steady modification as needed. And your needs may change.
GID, especially when you are younger, can come and go. Sometimes you may enter a period where the anxiety and accompanying urges may wane or disappear for months or even years. Sometimes this is organic and sometimes caused by repression and sublimation. Either way, if it is real, and not a mere curiosity, it (the GID)will return, and it will become stronger with age.
So, thats the first step.
Where are you currently in that regard? We can move forward from there.
Its ok, though. Really.
You have friends here who can help.

Hugs

Sammie

I agree with Sammie's advice. I think the first thing you probably need to do is slow down, take some deep breaths, and give yourself some time to let yourself start to sort all this out. Smile

Michelle
Sad 

Thank you, Samantha for replying to my post. It helped. I live in Birmingham Alabama and don’t know if there are any gender therapists around here but there could be. I have been crossdressing ever since I knew the difference between the clothing of boy and girl (about 4) and wanted to be a girl about as long. Crossdressing is not sexual for me it, it used to have a calming effect on me. Let’s just say one too many family freak outs made me ashamed of my crossdressing and it became stressful at times but I couldn't stop. I tried religion and the military but the desire to be female never left. Every girlfriend I have had except one knew about my crossdressing (though that is a very short list I have only had 3 girlfriends) and said they accepted it until I would try to talk to them about it, then it was “I can’t handle this” and I would have to hide it again and try to beat back the feelings. I do hate having to lie to my wife about it but she takes it personally that I want to be a woman. She says it makes her feel like less of a woman even though I was doing it LONG before I ever met her. Through all the years I have been around there has not been a period of more than a few days that I haven’t prayed to wake up and be a woman. But it doesn't work that way.Sad
And that is the short of it.
Emily Ann

Hey Emily Ann! I'm Emily-Ann. Lol. Talk to Sarah. She lives around your parts and could probably point you in the right direction. Welcome to the family, doll!

I am sending you a pm, Emily Ann.
Hugs, honey.
Its going to be ok.
Sammie

Here's a link to a list of TG friendly psychologists in Birmingham.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?sid=1389454735.2383_29760&city=Birmingham&state=AL&spec=187

The doctor I get hormones from is in Birmingham too, if you're ever interested in that, shoot me a PM.

Good luck Big Grin

(07-07-2014, 04:15 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Here's a link to a list of TG friendly psychologists in Birmingham.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?sid=1389454735.2383_29760&city=Birmingham&state=AL&spec=187

The doctor I get hormones from is in Birmingham too, if you're ever interested in that, shoot me a PM.

Good luck Big Grin

What a useful link for all of us in North America. Thank you. Smile Should it be in the FAQ?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon