Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Will NBE shorten/lengthen one's life?

When I read this thread, the question I am asking is what effect NBE created hormonal changes might have on the lifespan I would anticipate without having altered my body chemistry.

This is, as far as I am aware, an unknown.

We are clearly all aware that genetic females have, statistically, a longer life expectancy than genetic males.

Ignoring all the stuff about stress related issues surrounding GD (please don't think I am demeaning stress conditions, I cracked up big time some years back) but looking at purely physical factors, I just don't know .... females are more susceptible to certain conditions, males to others ----- whether the changes I am experiencing which indicate my body is more feminine will alter the actual outcome for me and whether this can be statistically extrapolated into the population in general is, I suspect, a bit unknown given the uncertainty of any of this!!!!

We had a 28 year old kid, father of 3 and husband, die in a road crash here three days ago - the whole village knew him and it has affected us all. Life is short enough anyway - why worry - when the time is up - so be it.

M x

(12-04-2014, 09:05 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  I hear the clock ticking, too. In some sense, I'm already possibly on several years of borrowed time already. I'm already 4 years older than my father and maternal grandfather were when they died, and I just realized I'm approaching when my paternal grandfather died.

There's a root cause for everyone's death, I think. Years ago, there was no way to deal with the medical causes; today it's much different and that a major reason that life expectancy is increasing rapidly. Best thing you can do is have regular checkups and get rid of unhealthy living habits. The one downside of a long life seems to be a greater incidence of Alzheimer's (dementia).

Clara Smile

Dementia? Why, Clara, the rhino told me that is just a myth...tee hee. Then again, I know that big SOB is a liar.Tongue

(13-04-2014, 06:15 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Dementia? Why, Clara, the rhino told me that is just a myth...tee hee. Then again, I know that big SOB is a liar.Tongue

I think I found your rhino:

.gif rhino.gif Size: 47.76 KB  Downloads: 73

He looks cute. Smile Maybe you should use him as your new avatar! Shy

Or are you thinking of this guy:

Since you insist, Flame, though I know he will kill me because he is so private of an individual (and sooo paranoid about the NSA getting ahold of his picture) but regardless... here he is... actually he looks a little better from the other side... but this is the only one I have that isn't obscene.

[attachment=6234]

Wait... I found another (from our last "date" - yes thats me on top)
This shows him from a better angle...
[attachment=6235]

(14-04-2014, 12:39 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Wait... I found another (from our last "date" - yes thats me on top)
This shows him from a better angle...

This reminds me of a nursery rhyme we were brought up on,while being bounced on an adult's knees:

Uppity Snooks the chieftain's son
Rode a rhinoceros, just for fun.
"If you fall you'll bump your head" (spread knees so child nearly drops)
"Better than walking " was all he said.

You have been warned! Big Grin

Hugs

i think it all really depends on how much mental stress you are feeling in the path you choose. I think that is the biggest predictor of mortality.

From a purely biological standpoint, I don't believe so. Biological women's longevity is linked more to their backup X chromosome and their relative iron deficiency throughout most of their lives. Estrogen hasn't shown to be a significant part of it.

I have heard that prolactin may have some effects on longevity though. It apparently can strengthen the lymphatic system a lot as pregnant women begin lactating. There's a possibility that it may be one of the reasons why mothers live longer than women without children.

GD definitely puts extra stress on a person though, and stress has massive effects on health and longevity as well as how the brain ages. I think it's safe to say that many of us will live longer simply because of that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon