Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Up for a challenge? What's good about masculinity?

One of the gals found this for me. It's pretty funny.

http://www.englishforums.com/English/90A...r/post.htm

And this response is a great example of what I was hoping to get from my OP. ...Not that our conversation here is disappointing or anything.

(09-03-2014, 01:03 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  Ooo okay I love traditionally masculine men mmmmmmm I could talk about this all day ha ha ha. The things I admire are (some of these aren't politically correct; not really sorry about that) :

- Strength, obviously.

- This is a little shallow, but size. I love how men are taller and bigger. Makes my knees weak. Blush

- Aggressiveness, not aggression in the sense of violence, but sureness and confidence in making decisions quickly or pursuing what one wants.

- Protection. I think there's a difference between the protectiveness a woman has and the kind a man has. With women, it's more of a "shielding" kind. Men seem more willing to not only shield, but to go on the offense. I feel like they'd be quicker to fight back against any threats (not saying women wouldn't, but I think men are quicker on the draw and more capable as well).

- The level of selflessness to more willingly do the dirty work or dangerous things. Men are more likely to have outdoor jobs where they have to work in any and all weather, men are more likely to join the military, etc.

- Resilience. Our society is more geared toward showing all the problems women have to deal with. But men are more likely to be homeless, the court system is more against them than it is against women, the world in general honestly comes down harder on men than it does on women. Yet they brave it everyday while doing all the things I've listed already.

Masculinity is amazing. Men are amazing. Wow. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Er, was this even what you were looking for? Sorry if it wasn't. It felt good to gush, in any case. Tongue

These were the ones on the list I can really relate to:

Quote:6. Your bathroom lines are 80% shorter.
7. You can open all your own jars.
36. If you're 34 and single nobody notices.
57. You don't give a rat's ass if someone notices your new haircut.

Kari,

Do you think lists like these help you to embrace your birth gender more?

There's a strong taste of misandry in this thread. It's not very flattering.

(09-03-2014, 07:43 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  There's a strong taste of misandry in this thread. It's not very flattering.

I don't sound like a misandrist do I? Huh

In another thread I made this point:

(10-12-2013, 01:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I don't believe traits such as narcissism, selfishness, and sociopathy are limited to one gender. Terms like "bridezilla" and "princess syndrome" I think illustrates unfortunately that women can also be self-absorbed and nasty to others.

I think while your friend does make a good point that men and women may have many conflicting traits, I don't think it means all women are angels and all men are demons. On the flip side, I've known men to complain about women being high maintenance, flighty, irrational, and downright crazy at times.

I think something interesting to consider is when men and women find it easier to befriend the opposite sex than their own.

(09-03-2014, 05:26 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(09-03-2014, 07:43 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  There's a strong taste of misandry in this thread. It's not very flattering.

I don't sound like a misandrist do I? Huh

In another thread I made this point:

(10-12-2013, 01:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I don't believe traits such as narcissism, selfishness, and sociopathy are limited to one gender. Terms like "bridezilla" and "princess syndrome" I think illustrates unfortunately that women can also be self-absorbed and nasty to others.

I think while your friend does make a good point that men and women may have many conflicting traits, I don't think it means all women are angels and all men are demons. On the flip side, I've known men to complain about women being high maintenance, flighty, irrational, and downright crazy at times.

I think something interesting to consider is when men and women find it easier to befriend the opposite sex than their own.

Let's face it, none of us can be to blame for the characteristics we are born with - it's what we do with them for better or worse. We have no control over our natal sex, nor our natal brain conditioning, nor (in the absence of interference) our hormonal conditioning, nor even to a large extent our cultural and environmental conditioning, nor even to the information available to us at important stages in our development. I've always felt that people are people regardless of gender, and that my real friendships are also regardless, but -oh- so important.

What's good about a man is what's good about that person. And all of us can be mean at times, and probably it's our masculinity or femininity that's as often a cause of that as any thing else. And both masculine and feminine traits can be both virtues and vices, with the balance being influenced by the society in which we move. It does seem to me that masculinity is currently somewhat devalued, but that is the swing of the pendulum.

I have to agree peeing standing up is the best thing.

Sorry Kari did not understand what you were going for.

I just get caught up in the fact people are so against anything that is not suppose to be your gender.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon