Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Well, it's official

My therapist has officially diagnosed me with Gender Identity Disorder. I'm glad it's finally official, so I can really now begin to do something about it. Smile

(18-03-2014, 02:52 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  My therapist has officially diagnosed me with Gender Identity Disorder. I'm glad it's finally official, so I can really now begin to do something about it. Smile

Congratulations!! As Neil Diamond would put it: "Girl, you'll be a woman, soon".

That's a major step forward, Carys, congratulations. Things are moving fast for you.

One point of clarification, the term 'Gender Identity Disorder' is no longer used in DSM-V. It was replaced officially with the term 'Gender Dysphoria'. It was felt that this change in terminology was more accurate for the condition and less stigmatizing.

So, you reported being put on Spiro before. Are you taking an estrogen now, too? What changes have you noticed so far?

Thanks for letting us follow your transition.

Clara Smile

I am just on Spiro for now (upping to 2x 50mg/day tomorrow,) and they are waiting on a letter from my therapist before starting me on estrogen. I don't mind taking it a step at a time though.

My first week on Spiro was a bit...hectic. I found that it can interfere with the anxiety meds that I am on, but it seems to have not messed with it much now. I do have "moments" here and there, but it hasn't been bad. Maybe once or twice a week I will take 700mg of PM with my daily meds, just to give a tiny boost.

I have actually noticed that my breasts do seem a little bit larger (see my photo journal.) Looking at them, I can overall tell that they have definitely grown. It really has gotten to a point where I am a little concerned about people at work questioning if I am growing moobs, because they are beginning to stand out a lot more of my uniform t-shirt (thank goodness it's still kinda cold so I can just throw another layer on.)

I found a groupon today for 90% off laser hair removal, so I bought a couple to get my facial/neck hair removed (which will be awesome!) I am going to wait and see what the Spiro and estrogen will do for the rest of my body hair before I go zap it.

Congratulations!!

(19-03-2014, 04:32 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  I have actually noticed that my breasts do seem a little bit larger (see my photo journal.) Looking at them, I can overall tell that they have definitely grown. It really has gotten to a point where I am a little concerned about people at work questioning if I am growing moobs, because they are beginning to stand out a lot more of my uniform t-shirt (thank goodness it's still kinda cold so I can just throw another layer on.)

Congrats on the official diagnosis!

About a month ago a co-worker commented on my chest, stating that if I kept losing weight I'd have to get a bra to hold by boobs up! Man did I ever freak out mentally! All I could think about was finding out if it really noticeable to them, and what I could to hide it a bit. Then someone called me Scotti, which is really weird since no one calls me that! Thought maybe somehow someone found me on here and that the secret was out. I guess it could happen but since there have not been no other comments at work I let it go.

That eould be a jolt, wouldn't it. Honey, if I was out in public in male mode and someone even spoke the name Samantha I would likely jump three feet, lose the child, and start blabbering in some foreign language. LOLBig Grin

(19-03-2014, 09:02 PM)Scotti Wrote:  Congrats on the official diagnosis!

Congratulations! You have diabetes!

Bravo, lad! It's cancer!

Way to go, sir! You're schizophrenic!

Dodgy

Have we taken leave of our senses? Or just lost all sense of perspective?

Huh

But, well, hey... many happy returns for you and your mental illness, I guess.

Yeesh.

(20-03-2014, 05:58 AM)MissC Wrote:  Have we taken leave of our senses? Or just lost all sense of perspective?

Huh

Or just completely ignored the context of a response to the OP(Who obviously views the diagnosis as means to receive treatment rather than having a disease comparable to cancer)?

Congrats on the step forward fwood!

(20-03-2014, 05:58 AM)MissC Wrote:  
(19-03-2014, 09:02 PM)Scotti Wrote:  Congrats on the official diagnosis!

Congratulations! You have diabetes!

Bravo, lad! It's cancer!

Way to go, sir! You're schizophrenic!

Dodgy

Have we taken leave of our senses? Or just lost all sense of perspective?

Huh

But, well, hey... many happy returns for you and your mental illness, I guess.

Yeesh.

Yeesh, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

It's not classified as a Mental Illness anymore anyways (and it never should have been conidered one in the first place).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon