Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Well, it's official

I was not going to comment on this...

but I simply cannot remain silent.

I am pissed.Angry

The suicide rate or at least the rate of those who attempt it, among TG people in the United States is 41%, which is NINE times the national average. Lets think about that.... four out of every ten of us on this board are likely to attempt or even succeed in killing themself.

Why?Huh

Simply put, anyone with any form of Gender Dysphoria faces a hate filled society bent on laughing at and deriding all of us. We are the butt of jokes. We are abused, beat up and ridiculed. We are called names. Our wives leave us. Our employers fire us. The scorn heaped on TG people would be criminal if applied to any other kind of group. And the loneliness and despair that often accompanies a dysphoria is nearly unbearable in itself alone.

In the face of all that, learning to come to terms with things, accept ourselves for who and what we are and begin to live is a relentlessly tough and often terrifying journey.

But then, to face the idea that needing help to do so is wrong, or weak....?HuhAngryHuhAngry

And OMG, the utter ridiculous irony of being TG on a forum where people come to grow breasts on a bio male body ... being told to tough it out ?....and "man up"? ....Are we freaking kidding here?
This is surreal... and would be rolling on the floor funny if not for being so totally friggin tragic.Dodgy

Maybe there are some people who need no help to "get their head together". Maybe. If so... more power to them...Therapists and anyone even remotely connected with mental health will proclaim loudly that the single hardest part of dealing with any mental difficulty, from full blown psychosis to the mildest of depression, is owning up to the fact that you can use a little help. And they are right. Fact. Don't like that fact? Tough.

Why?

Because we are constantly told that "weakness" is bad. That "weakness" is for inferiors. That admitting we need help is bad, wrong, an admission of... horror of horrors! ... Weakness. Oh no... not weakness! .oh no, we are told that "real men" don't need help. That it is wrong to ask for assistance. That it is wrong to admit weakness....LOL...give me a break. Give me a huge friggin break.

This despite centuries of history showing countless "weak" individuals who have attained great heights in many fields from art to science to you name it. Weak does not equal worthless. There is another "fact"

Give me a break. Yeah, "real men" don't need help... right.

That is exactly the attitude that ends up causing shootings at schools!

That "tough it out" attitude is at the heart of most of what is wrong with this country.

And finally, it completely ignores the fact that to legally obtain synthetic hormones in this country through the prescribed channels it is necessary to obtain a recommendation from a therapist for such treatment. Which is what the OP was doing, and celebrating success at doing so.

And a diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria has nothing.... nothing whatsoever in common with any disease. It is simply an acknowledgement of a situation which may be assisted by the application of synthetic hormones.

Way to kill a girl's buzz! Congratulations. I hope you feel great. But I doubt you do, sweetheart. That set of attitudes hints at a lot of pain and self loathing being redirected at others. If the attitude did not make me so angry I would feel bad for you. It must be hard to carry all that around. I know it is.

People come here for information, sure, but many come here for support as well. They don't come here to face the tough guy attitudes they can easily find almost anywhere else. They come here because they can use a little help. And that is not weak... that is brave. People on this road deserve all the love, help and respect they can get.

They certainly do not come here to face further derision.

If I have misunderstood you, then gee, I am sorry... but there sure did not seem to be much room for misunderstanding.

End of rant.

Fwoodhull, honey, I for one am extremely happy for you! You go girl!Big Grin

Sami,
I post this reply in tears, yes I am in tears right now and don't know how to stop. You are so in tune and so able to express your emotions, I am so in ore !

Sami dear, you are so remarkable I am lost for words worthy of your Status on this forum. God bless you, I would love to have a tenth of your knowledge, vocabulary and clear thinking to express such thoughts.

I need some more tissues sorry, I would love to go further but cannot at this moment in time.

Love to all and especially you Samantha.

Heather

Sadly, it doesn't look like the prejudice (because THAT'S what it is!!) against TS/TG, etc., is going to suddenly end ANY time, soon, especially if prejudice against blacks is ANY indication of the shelf life of any given prejudice!! When I was little, that means ALL through the `60's and some of the `70's, I saw a LOT of hatred and prejudice against blacks, quite a lot of it coming from my own family!! These days, I just got a new job a few months ago where I'm working with people that, in their early 20's, are just as prejudiced against blacks as people were in the early `60's!! These are people that weren't even born until at least the late `80's, but they STILL carry on what is probably their family's tradition of hatred that THEY had 40 to 60 years ago!!
I'm working on editing together the fullest version of the Woodstock concert as I can, so far it's going to be at least 30 hours long. I, through video footage of that great event, get to see a HUGE MASS of people of ALL kinds, half a million people, all gathered together for the better part of a week, or so, in one very small spot and they are ALL being kind and helpful to each other, AND the locals, whose land and township they are encroaching on!! I look at that amazing "feat" and HAVE to wonder, where are those people...MY people, these days?? What has happened to them and their ethos and where have they all gone??? Why, after such a great thing as Woodstock, have we degenerated into such an incredibly hateful, uncaring, unloving species????
I'm told that to be different is good, but, the moment you TRY to be even the SLIGHTEST bit different, you become a great big target for hatred of various kinds!! What POSSIBLE good does such hatred do for ANYONE, the hated OR the haters???? Loving and caring for others, not matter HOW they look or dress, is MUCH, MUCH more beneficial to ALL in the long run!!!! Is having black skin ACTUALLY harmful to those who don't???? Is a guy dressing fem ACTUALLY hurtful in ANY way to ANYONE???? If so, why are there so many women allowed to dress as butch as THEY like????
Those who hate for ANY superficial reason are the ones that should be shunned and, basically, boycotted, even banished from society!!!! Shouldn't we gather together and stand up, and against, such hatred????

Peace and love to ALL!!!!

Thanks, Sammie, for saying what had to be said. Call it prejudice, call it insensitivity, call it ignorance, whatever; posts like that are not welcome here. There is absolutely no value in caustic expressions of ridicule and disdain that posts like that exude.

Clara Angry

Agreed (to sammy,heather,missed & clara's comments.)

I almost posted a rant myself but decided not to since I don't need the extra stress today.

(21-03-2014, 04:29 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Agreed (to sammy,heather,missed & clara's comments.)

I almost posted a rant myself but decided not to since I don't need the extra stress today.

Just so you know, I wasn't the least bit stressed out while typing that. ;-)

By the way, gang, should we try this?

(21-03-2014, 05:05 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(21-03-2014, 04:29 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  Agreed (to sammy,heather,missed & clara's comments.)

Just so you know, I wasn't the least bit stressed out while typing that. ;-)

Stressed in the sense that most of my relatives are all of the same narrow mindedness, and it gets me a tad peeved thinking about it.

Maybe it's my detached analytical side speaking, but I got the impression that Miss C was referring to what Scotti said about gender dysphoria being a diagnosis, rather than in regards to anything fwoodhull said. I know this has happened before where Miss C expressed a dissenting opinion and practically everyone else jumped on him. Perhaps I'm sometimes thick-skinned or just downright ignorant, but I'm not getting any malevolent vibes from him. Instead, I see him as someone who isn't reluctant to speak his mind no matter how unpopular it may be.

Sammie,

I think you do make some valid points. However, I don't see much connection between what you and Miss C wrote. Huh

Well, Miss C we are waiting for you to chime in.

(21-03-2014, 10:09 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Maybe it's my detached analytical side speaking, but I got the impression that Miss C was referring to what Scotti said about gender dysphoria being a diagnosis, rather than in regards to anything fwoodhull said. I know this has happened before where Miss C expressed a dissenting opinion and practically everyone else jumped on him. Perhaps I'm sometimes thick-skinned or just downright ignorant, but I'm not getting any malevolent vibes from him. Instead, I see him as someone who isn't reluctant to speak his mind no matter how unpopular it may be.

Sammie,

I think you do make some valid points. However, I don't see much connection between what you and Miss C wrote. Huh

Flame...my comments take into consideration not just this thread, but a variety of previous posts from the same party, which, taken together, establish a pattern. It was that entire body to which I was replying. I harbor no animosity toward anyone. I simply reacted and perhaps over reacted, to a perception I have been gathering for some time. I don't like seeing any of the members on this board being attacked callously for their decisions or their situations. Everyone that comes here is here for support of one kind or another, you and I included.
But, if I did misinterpret the comment...then I apologize and sincerely. But I have yet to be convinced that I did.
Still, Flame, as always, I very much appreciate your concern and your tactful attempt at mediation. Thanks!Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon