Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stuck on the Fence?

(19-03-2014, 01:22 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  Spanky

You've had so much good advice already that there is not much I can add. I for myself have found that a major driver in my life is an intense curiosity in what happens next even when the future is problematic, together with a strong belief that I usually won't know how to cope with a situation until I actually get there. So unless you are convinced that you are going in the wrong direction, you should keep going and see how it works out. You're not going to know how to cope with boob growth until you get there, and to judge by my own and I think most peoples experience here, it should all work out more easily than you ever expected.

Spanky, I can honestly say that what Annie just described has to be the best advice I've seen to date, period!

Well done Annie!

(19-03-2014, 01:38 AM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

You've had so much good advice already that there is not much I can add. I for myself have found that a major driver in my life is an intense curiosity in what happens next even when the future is problematic, together with a strong belief that I usually won't know how to cope with a situation until I actually get there. So unless you are convinced that you are going in the wrong direction, you should keep going and see how it works out. You're not going to know how to cope with boob growth until you get there, and to judge by my own and I think most peoples experience here, it should all work out more easily than you ever expected.

Spanky, I can honestly say that what Annie just described has to be the best advice I've seen to date, period!

Well done Annie!

Actually, Lotus, I was just thinking very much the same thing. Full marks, Annie!Smile

You're probably right, Annie, but what's the rush? Sammie wrote:

"Listen to your heart. This is not a race or a competition..."

I agree. The problem in the early going is that one's heart flip-flops as one struggles with the reality of what it means to be transgender. This is a period of mixed feelings and great uncertainty. There are so many things to consider and it takes courage to face the many challenges that are in our futures. Those who have navigated the path may, with 20-20 hindsight, conclude that the path was not so rough. That's encouraging, and gives us hope. Unfortunately, those who saw it differently are nowhere to be found anymore on BN to provide an alternative view.

If a partial, or even a full, transition is right for a person, it will become clear as time goes on. There's no itinerary that must be adhered to on this journey.

I say take your time, Spanky, and listen to your heart.

Clara Smile

I am so impressed with the quality of the input and advice here. That there is diversity in the opinions is, in itself, helpful. Although everyone here shares a particular desire, there are numerous paths to follow in getting there.

Slow, fast, intermittent, constant, impulsive, programmatic. Eek!

To answer Flamesabre's question, for me the worry is not the fact of having breasts, as having feminine breasts would be wonderful. I do have misgivings about losing libido and that part of my sexual life. The other general concern is dealing with the reactions of others.

In the latter area, I find Annabel's comments, seconded by Lotus and Samantha, that these are issues that I likely can improvise my way through, to resonate. There may be some who simply reject a new and different me despite all efforts to avoid that outcome, but that may just be a "price of admission."

Because she makes so much sense, however, I may try to temper this approach with some of ClaraKay's take-it-slow wisdom. As always, this may come down to how much NBE is the right amount.

(18-03-2014, 06:24 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  Clara,

What a great post!

Would you consider reposting this over in the FAQ section? I can see this being a worthwhile read for many over time. (On other boards, I've seen an HOF (Hall of Fame) section for notable posts, but I'm not sure we need yet another section here. Smile )

Michelle

What do you propose the heading be, Michelle?

Clara Smile

(19-03-2014, 01:00 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(18-03-2014, 06:24 PM)MichelleM Wrote:  Clara,

What a great post!

Would you consider reposting this over in the FAQ section? I can see this being a worthwhile read for many over time. (On other boards, I've seen an HOF (Hall of Fame) section for notable posts, but I'm not sure we need yet another section here. Smile )

Michelle

What do you propose the heading be, Michelle?

Clara Smile

"Riding the roller coaster" ? Wink

I was thinking along the lines of:

FAQ-What if I'm having second thoughts?

or:

FAQ-How do I know if growing breasts is right for me?

Other suggestions?

Clara Smile

(19-03-2014, 05:40 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I was thinking along the lines of:

or:

Other suggestions?

Clara Smile

FAQ-What's a $5000.00 second thought?

or:

Other suggestions?

Clara Smile

I like

(19-03-2014, 06:04 PM)Mistress~Lotus Wrote:  

or:

Other suggestions?

Clara Smile

FAQ-What's a $5000.00 second thought?

Gosh, Lotus, I hope Spanky hasn't invested that much in NBE already! Huh

Clara Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon