Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A case for masculinity

Hello all.

This thread is inspired by the masculinity thread Kari posted earlier. Here's the link if you wish to check it out first:

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=19849

Without stereotyping or sounding like a sexist, I find it hard to delineate certain traits as being masculine or feminine. However, ever since I wrote my biography for this forum, I've described myself as having an androgynous gender identity rather than a feminine one. In other words, on a conscious and sub-conscious level, I believe masculinity has value to me. I think have both sets of traits I think. Trying to purge my masculine traits I think would be as foolhardy and reckless as trying to do the same with my feminine traits.

Even though I was an emotionally sensitive child and my mother played a more active role with raising me as a child, I certainly share some personality traits with my father (now deceased). When talking with him, I appreciated how he never took home with him the problems he had at work. Work and home life always stayed separate for him. When my father died, I was geographically and emotionally distant with the rest of my family. Even though I acknowledge my grief over his death was a hardship, I felt it was a private matter and shouldn't interfere with my professional life.

Kari,

From our private conversations, I know you want to be a dedicated and devoted father and husband to your family. Though you'll may not be able to fully embrace your feminine identity, I think you can still have a positive influence with your family even when you feel you're stuck with being in a masculine role.

(22-03-2014, 01:30 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Kari,

From our private conversations, I know you want to be a dedicated and devoted father and husband to your family. Though you'll may not be able to fully embrace your feminine identity, I think you can still have a positive influence with your family even when you feel you're stuck with being in a masculine role.

Indeed I do as you have suggested. As long as I "have a pair" (and even if I didn't), I'd always feel a very strong compulsion to be the man in their lives to the very best of my ability and understanding. It's hard to explain how passionate I am about it but it is, literally, my highest earthly priority.

What has changed since the thread you referred to is a softening of my perception regarding what's masculine and what's feminine. I've made an adjustment in my thinking and decided whatever assortment of traits I possess is simply, what I have. I need to give no regard to which ones are "masculine" and which are "feminine".

Thanks for bringing this up again Flame. I would have added these comments to my previous thread but that one got kind of a bad reputation.

(22-03-2014, 06:26 PM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  What has changed since the thread you referred to is a softening of my perception regarding what's masculine and what's feminine. I've made an adjustment in my thinking and decided whatever assortment of traits I possess is simply, what I have. I need to give no regard to which ones are "masculine" and which are "feminine".

I hope this has helped to grant you some peace with your situation Kari.Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon