Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Laser beard removal/reduction

I would have to go with electrolysis. There's not a dark hair left in my beard. Sad

Keep in mind that LHR (laser hair removal) is not permanent hair removal. Some hair will grow back. Lowering your DHT is critical to minimizing the regrowth.

Clara Smile

Well its about 2 weeks after my second laser session... it took a lot longer for all the dead hairs to fall out this timeHuh They are all gone now though and I LOVE it, so smooth and soft and zero beard shadowBig Grin

I also have about 10-12 hours of electrolysis in on the white hairs that remain... She has pretty much cleared my chin/jawlineCool I try to do two hours a week...

Lucky for me my upper lip was 90% dark hair so very little white hair has grown back there, almost totally smoothSmile

By the end of the 7th week after the first treatment I had quite a few dark hairs growing back on the upper lip but not nearly as many everywhere else...

Now I think I'll have about a month where there are no darkies at all then they will hopefully come back thinner....

My next appointment is 8 weeks out from the last one...

By the way Im feeling/functioning on my current HRT regime Id think T/DHT has to be very low and E probably pretty highSmile

OK two weeks to go until my next laser session, its been about six weeks since the last one, Ive had two so far.... Im very happy that there only really seems to be dark hairs coming in on my upper lip so far...

Whats nice though is they seem much finer and a lot more sparse than they were at this time after the last laser sessionSmile

Also last time I had darkies coming in just a little on my chin and jaw and there are hardly any at all this go around...

I remember having to use the old orange lipstick beard cover trick last time at this point... Now Im borderline to OK with just a close shave and definitely fine with just some LIGHT foundation/powderCoolBig Grin

The electrolysis is a long slow process but Ive stuck with it and the white hairs are noticeably thinner and sparse tooBig Grin Getting very easy to just do a quick shave in the shower compared to the elaborate shaving ritual I used to have to doCool

I have been doing the electro twice a week, two two hour sessions and Im loving the results of that.... Hopefully we will get to the point where she can clear most of it in one session soonSmile

How i envy you EvaMarie, i really hate facial hair, have far too much other body hair as well, i have a shadow even straight after shaving (which i do after a hot shower both upwards and downwards, im dark haired) i also have to let it grow to a certain length before i can shave or a get terrible irritaion, i was getting set to start electrolosys believing it to be the only way to go until i heard good things about laser, then i found out that beard removal is now covered by the national health service here in the uk through the gender identity clinics (8 or 9 laser sessionds from memory, still it will save me some cash), i have been referred so just have to wait now to hear when they can see me

If all you have is dark brown/black hair and pale white skin laser should be all you need Wink

I used to be that way but as I got older it started turning more and more gray/white and thats what finally made me commit to starting the laser...

I wish I would have done it sooner because electrolysis SUCKS...

I used to have the shadow too, hated it too, but it WILL go away if you take action with laser/electroBig Grin

Thankfully I was never really hairy but effective HRT will do amazing things there too Cool

What used to be a VERY tiring shaving regime on the face body is now just a memory... Never want to go back there!!!

Good luck with your NHS/GIC Wink

Also when you KILL them thick nasty follicles your skin becomes much smoother, softer and feminine in appearance WinkBig Grin

Thanks, a fair wait at the moment (3 plus months if it doesnt slip), still tempting to see what the local laser place charges per session, no harm in starting early, would really like to get rid of the chest hair anyway, chest hair and breasts just feels wrong Rolleyes

I've been using a Me Smooth for about 4 weeks (dark hair, fair skin on neck, face & chest) and am starting to see results, well at least on the dark hairs. Greys are going to have to be zapped via Electrolysis, but at least there won't be as many to zap.

(03-04-2014, 05:53 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I would have to go with electrolysis. There's not a dark hair left in my beard. Sad

Keep in mind that LHR (laser hair removal) is not permanent hair removal. Some hair will grow back. Lowering your DHT is critical to minimizing the regrowth.

Clara Smile

I was talking to a person at a clinic where they do laser hair removal among other things. He took a look at my face and said that my beard hair wasn't so gray that a laser wouldn't do a reasonably good job of thinning out my beard. Since I own a Tria 4X, I tried it on my face at home. I figured that if the hairs were dark enough to absorb the light energy I should feel it. Well, let's just say I could barely stand to zap my beard at intensity level 3 (5 is the highest intensity). So I guess the guy was right. Smile

Clara

(14-07-2014, 04:15 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(03-04-2014, 05:53 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  I would have to go with electrolysis. There's not a dark hair left in my beard. Sad

Clara Smile

I was talking to a person at a clinic where they do laser hair removal among other things. He took a look at my face and said that my beard hair wasn't so gray that a laser wouldn't do a reasonably good job of thinning out my beard. Since I own a Tria 4X, I tried it on my face at home. I figured that if the hairs were dark enough to absorb the light energy I should feel it. Well, let's just say I could barely stand to zap my beard at intensity level 3 (5 is the highest intensity). So I guess the guy was right. Smile

Clara

Sorry to dash your hopes, but laser hurts even if there are no dark follicles to target. I had paid for 5 treatments on my face, and even though after 3 there were no dark hairs on the sides of my face, it still hurt.

The real way to tell if you're killing hair follicles is the little raised bump on each one for a day or two after. Good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon