Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cold Turkey

Maybe this just speaks volumes about me Blush, but I guess it would be easier for me to give up NBE than to give up this forum...tee hee.Smile

I had a break because I ran out of my tinctures and I was not taking PM . Onlything I noticed was desire to massage my boobs and poor digestion . I am back on my tincutures +FG +PM after 3 days by digestive system has settled down .

(27-03-2014, 01:14 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Ellie,

I'm glad to hear I've encouraged you step out of the shadows. By the way, I really like your avatar's red hair. Smile

Yes, I do find your story to be very informative. I'm curious about how the reintroduction of pm seemed to set you off so to speak. It'll be interesting to see if I experience a similar reaction. I'm not sure if this will be the case as I've been taking pm longer than you, but who knows?

I hope you feel comfortable with participating in other threads now. It can be very rewarding and beneficial I think to gain a member with a new perspective on this forum.

Thanks Flame. Big Grin

That red is such a gorgeous shade, isn't? That's the reason I chose it.

I don't believe that the re-introduction of PM "set me off" per se; I rather suspect that it was a timing issue in that my E levels had reached a low point through abstinence and I'd also lost the AA effects of PM, so my T was on the way back up, but the PM restart had not had sufficient time to start doing its magic again. I didn't mention in my earlier post but I also noticed that body hair was coming back in quicker and somehow, thicker, which again points to rising T levels. So, based on my recent experience, I intend to keep future breaks to around the 14 day mark and hopefully avoid those brief but terrible mood swings. We shall see. Because you've been on PM so much longer and at higher doses than me, I hope that you manage to avoid the "Mr. Hyde" moments, and perhaps you will. Just be aware though that if it should happen, it'll come out of nowhere with no warning whatsoever and if you're anything like me, you'll be horrified, shocked and bemused all at the same time wondering what the hell just happened. Angry

I do feel comfortable in contributing to other threads now, thanks; at least when I have something worthwhile to add. That may take a while lol! Big Grin

(28-03-2014, 12:15 AM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  Welcome to the conversation Elie! It's great to have you join us along with your perspective and experience. And wow, you have been observing for awhile! Almost as long as I've been active here. Again, welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, Kari. I'm glad to be here and I've learned so much from all of you. The observing actually dates even further back to around Christmas time 2012 which is when I found you, but I didn't register until April '13. Smile Again, thank you.

Ellie xxx

(28-03-2014, 11:01 AM)EllieBoo Wrote:  I do feel comfortable in contributing to other threads now, thanks; at least when I have something worthwhile to add. That may take a while lol! Big Grin

Ellie xxx

Ohhh, [with sadness] don't underestimate your value or the value of your contributions Ellie. I'm understanding more and more, the older I get that we humans don't overvalue some people (celebrities, athletes etc) we UNDERvalue everyone and most often, OURSELVES! You are a wonderful person, unique and special in unimaginable ways and what you have experienced and what you have to say is as worthwhile as anything I've ever heard here even if it sounds redundant to you. Your individual twist on something might be the thing that resonates with some lonely soul and gives them the encouragement they need at just the right time. You might think what you are saying is old hat but don't forget the hundreds, if not thousands, who are new and only observing in silence. You and your story are important to someone ...guaranteed! ...And that goes for ALL of you, but especially those in the shadows. I know I don't say it to everyone (I'm busy, as we all are) but if I could, I would welcome everyone this warmly. This community is priceless but it takes everyone to keep it that way.

Very nicely stated, Kari! Thanks! Smile

See...? Even Sammie's little comment warmed my chilly Minnesota day! Thanks Sammie, you're a peach!

Sorry Flame, I'm railroading your thread.

A little update on my cold turkey status. I'm planning on staying on this route for at least a total of 3-4 weeks. I'm curious to see if it's easier for me to get back into shape when I'm not taking NBE herbs. I'm also thinking this would be a good opportunity to see whether the brain rewiring continues and to what extent.

(28-03-2014, 03:40 PM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  Sorry Flame, I'm railroading your thread.

That's okay, so long as the conversation is interesting. Big Grin

Hey, Flame, I'm right there with you on this experiment. I plan to stay off my NBE program until April 25th. I told my DW about my intentions, and got no immediate reaction. Dodgy

I have a couple health related concerns that might be connected with taking various NBE herbs. One is chronic itchiness, and the other is edema (water retention) in my lower legs and feet. I know that itchy dry skin is a common side effect of taking estrogen, but my itching seems excessive.

I've read that water retention is a common problem among women caused by hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle. I'm on a low salt diet, and I just had my liver, kidneys, and heart checked out, so that is not what's causing it.

I also want to see how much I revert back to my old male mentality during a longer break. I'm dreading that. I expect to go back on PM at the end of the break. If I add the AAs back, it will be one at a time and very slowly to gauge my body's response.

Clara Smile

Clara,

I hope your health improves soon. Smile

I wonder if we'll be starting a trend in which others opt to take a break from NBE herbs. Tongue

(29-03-2014, 10:18 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Clara,

I hope your health improves soon. Smile

I wonder if we'll be starting a trend in which others opt to take a break from NBE herbs. Tongue

Thank you, Flame.

Maybe not a trend, but there are several reasons why one might want to take an long break, so it's something people should consider.

Clara Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon