Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Cold Turkey

Flame, I sincerely wish you well and hope everything works out . God bless you !

Clara, I didn't know you had been poorly and delighted you are on the mend. I may add that water retention is common with high blood pressure. My doctor prescribed benzofluozide (spelling off the top of my head) these are a 1 a day tablet and certainly removed the slightly swollen sections of my legs. I don't know if your symptoms are exactly the same but I found that I could create dimples in my slightly puffed ankles and shins when pressed with a finger.

Thinking of you both and prey for a speedy recovery.

Many hugs

Heather

(30-03-2014, 01:27 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  Flame, I sincerely wish you well and hope everything works out . God bless you !

Clara, I didn't know you had been poorly and delighted you are on the mend. I may add that water retention is common with high blood pressure. My doctor prescribed benzofluozide (spelling off the top of my head) these are a 1 a day tablet and certainly removed the slightly swollen sections of my legs. I don't know if your symptoms are exactly the same but I found that I could create dimples in my slightly puffed ankles and shins when pressed with a finger.

Many hugs

Heather
Fuffin ell heather ! I used to get that and I use to find in morning leg would look fine but come evening you could press the thumb on parts running down both side of shin bone and you could literally create a massive dent in the swelling. My BP was fine . Doc prescribed me those knee high socks , but I don't need them anymore. I find since I have using my concoction of herbs my digestive system and leaky gut syndrome has improved greatly. I use dr huda Clark system of cleanse . According to Ayurveda all or ills derive from digestive systems and paying attention to that with diet and herbs keeps it healthy.

(30-03-2014, 01:27 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  Clara, I didn't know you had been poorly and delighted you are on the mend. I may add that water retention is common with high blood pressure. My doctor prescribed benzofluozide (spelling off the top of my head) these are a 1 a day tablet and certainly removed the slightly swollen sections of my legs. I don't know if your symptoms are exactly the same but I found that I could create dimples in my slightly puffed ankles and shins when pressed with a finger.

Many hugs

Heather

Thanks, Heather. As usual, you are a sweetheart. Yes, I can push my skin in around the ankles and leave an indentation. It's not caused by high blood pressure. I have low BP for someone my age sans medication (116/75 at my recent check up). I'm taking a diuretic (25 mg Hydrochlorothiazide) at the moment which is helping. The swelling is always worse in the evening. This started about a month ago when I got sick with the intestinal stress (D-word).

I suspect the itching is an allergic reaction to something in the AA herbs I was taking. Since stopping my program 4 days ago, the itching has already started to subside. I was taking Pygeum, Spearmint Leaf, and MACA from Swanson along with Ainterol R1 PM.

Clara

(30-03-2014, 01:27 AM)Heather-H Wrote:  Flame, I sincerely wish you well and hope everything works out . God bless you !

Thank you Heather! Big Grin

I think it's day 9 since going cold turkey on pm. I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms, nor has my libidio made any sort of counterattack. It's possible pm hasn't completely cleared my system as Elisaustin has mentioned, or maybe two years of taking pm is adequate to have a sort of residual effect so to speak.

Flame, have you had a bloodtest done at any point to check your T and E levels?

I decided last week to take a break as well, and I've decided to take the entire month of April off (started the full break yesterday). I'm mainly curious to see how long it takes full function to return. I am still able to get erect, but have virtually zero ejaculation even after months of abstinence. I'm curious if over time the effects (essentially chemical castration) become more or less permanent.

I've been on PM for 14 months now, with a few breaks for medical treatments/surgery. I didn't go cold turkey, however -- I decreased my dosage gradually over a full week before beginning the break.

I'll share my results as well. Flame, I know you like to run -- I'm also curious if rising T levels make it easier for you. All the medical science says it should.

Best,

Misty

(02-04-2014, 01:11 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I think it's day 9 since going cold turkey on pm. I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms, nor has my libidio made any sort of counterattack. It's possible pm hasn't completely cleared my system as Elisaustin has mentioned, or maybe two years of taking pm is adequate to have a sort of residual effect so to speak.

Flame - I am impressed that you have stuck with (or without) it so easily. I may be more impulsive than you, but when I stop, within about 5 or 6 days I begin to miss it. My breasts seem to become less dense and less tender, and the buds seem less swollen. But the biggest issue is psychological -- I feel like something is missing and I get a little unsettled. I know those are vague symptoms, and may well be entirely psychosomatic. Of course, you have been taking PM far longer than I, which surely makes a difference in myriad ways.

For what is worth, when I spoke to my endo yesterday he was quite clear that function can be revived. His opinion is that essentially the "boys" are "sleeping" and can be awakened. But the first place to start, ideally, and if possible, given individual circumstances, is bloodwork, so as to ascertain current status of both E and T.
Of course, E from PM does not show up when testing for E, since it does not contribute estradiol but miroestrol. But knowing T count is important, if you desire function to return. For some, function is not important, but if it is desired, a fine line must be walked between increasing E for mental and physical change and maintaing a degree of T for function.
Decreasing PM or eliminating it altogether will eventually, I expect, allow T to rise again, and restore function. But breast growth will suffer. An alternative would be to supplement T with synthetic or organic additives plus ED medication. Then, theoretically, enough E would be present for growth, but enough T for function.
At least, that seems plausible to me after discussion with the doc.
Thoughts?

(02-04-2014, 05:40 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  For what is worth, when I spoke to my endo yesterday he was quite clear that function can be revived. His opinion is that essentially the "boys" are "sleeping" and can be awakened. But the first place to start, ideally, and if possible, given individual circumstances, is bloodwork, so as to ascertain current status of both E and T.
Of course, E from PM does not show up when testing for E, since it does not contribute estradiol but miroestrol. But knowing T count is important, if you desire function to return. For some, function is not important, but if it is desired, a fine line must be walked between increasing E for mental and physical change and maintaing a degree of T for function.
Decreasing PM or eliminating it altogether will eventually, I expect, allow T to rise again, and restore function. But breast growth will suffer. An alternative would be to supplement T with synthetic or organic additives plus ED medication. Then, theoretically, enough E would be present for growth, but enough T for function.
At least, that seems plausible to me after discussion with the doc.
Thoughts?

Sounds logical to me .

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon