Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Home Reception

More on phytoestrogens:

Phytoestrogens are strikingly similar in chemical structure to the mammalian oestrogen, oestradiol, and bind to oestrogen receptors (ER) with a preference for the more recently described ER beta. This suggests that these compounds may exert tissue specific effects. Numerous other biological effects independent of the ER (e.g. antioxidant capacity, antiproliferative and antiangiogenic effects) have been ascribed to these compounds

Anyone remember this one?

NBE IQ time=

Now those are interesting and thought provoking.

In fact, they have made me sit up and think a bit.

Even with a minimal overview of how complex and interrelated the endocrine system is, I certainly hadn't given consideration to the effects PEs were potentially having and which organs might be affected.

This has bought me up with a bit of a jolt - I might need a bit of reflection time here I think to say nothing of some considerable study time.

With receptors all over the place like these diagrams seem to show, it seems likely, to a lay person such as me, that we could be having many unforeseen future side effects - or am I misunderstanding again (wouldn't be the first time!!!)

M x

(04-04-2014, 11:14 PM)Miranda-nata-est Wrote:  Now those are interesting and thought provoking.

In fact, they have made me sit up and think a bit.

Even with a minimal overview of how complex and interrelated the endocrine system is, I certainly hadn't given consideration to the effects PEs were potentially having and which organs might be affected.

This has bought me up with a bit of a jolt - I might need a bit of reflection time here I think to say nothing of some considerable study time.

With receptors all over the place like these diagrams seem to show, it seems likely, to a lay person such as me, that we could be having many unforeseen future side effects - or am I misunderstanding again (wouldn't be the first time!!!)

M x

Hi M,

The thread in general is to highlight or show it's a bit more than washing back a couple of herbals and expecting C's in a matter of days or weeks. If you've got the basic understand about how these hormone/receptors/enzymes all work together for breast growth well you've increased your knowledge 10 fold. I had no concept of any of this prior to doing NBE. With excitement, β€œit's my brain bonus from Phytoestrogens". Big Grin

So my dear M, no cause for concern or alarm, here's what I've discovered. When combing certain NBE herbs I've grown 9+ or so inches of breast tissue, endo certified Rolleyes . I believe I've done so by targeting those breast/hormone receptors and utilizing the enzymes (liver) to help do it. Hell, if I was smarter I would've figured all this out sooner.

I'm a visual learner, so you tell me how I've come to understand this?, what scares me is that I'm just starting to understand all this. I'm about as lay as they come, lol, wait that didn't sound right!. Rolleyes

Go back to the NPR radio signal part, re-read it a few times and it will start to make sense, I'm attaching more visuals to help wrap all this in a nice bow for everyone.

Hugs!

Ps. Thanks M for the question, sometimes I feel I'm all alone in research land! Wink

Seeing the androgens actions all starts from T

Really good stuff here, Lotus.

It's a bit funny because I was reading about hormone receptors and the whole endocrine system as well. You've pretty much hit on everything I've come across.

The point that I'm still trying to research and figure out is the inner play between the hormone receptors and the thalamus and the hypothalamus. That would explain not only the physical side-effects of PM but the mental ones as well.

It's one deep-rabbit hole and I feel a bit like Alice at times. Study of X leads to Y and Y to Z and so on.

I'm no doctor but I agree that it's more than just popping a few pills and waiting for 'presto! boobies!'

(05-04-2014, 02:57 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Ps. Thanks M for the question, sometimes I feel I'm all alone in research land! Wink

I long ago became aware that this whole subject was horribly complicated and that few people out there (including many endocrinologists) have any real feel for it. You are rapidly becoming one of the few through a great deal of hard work and perseverance, for which we owe you a great debt. I've just tended to throw up my hands and wait for other people to give me some idea of what I should be doing.

One area in which, possibly through laziness or inattention, I finf information lacking, is that of timing and duration of some of these processes, particularly those relating to the all important receptors. Obviously 'half-life' of the things we take, even if known, is only a small part of the process.

Anyhow, thank you so much and many hugs for your labours (although it does seem that you have your own reward in your magnificent development! Big Grin

(05-04-2014, 07:35 AM)eloise614 Wrote:  Really good stuff here, Lotus.

It's a bit funny because I was reading about hormone receptors and the whole endocrine system as well. You've pretty much hit on everything I've come across.

The point that I'm still trying to research and figure out is the inner play between the hormone receptors and the thalamus and the hypothalamus. That would explain not only the physical side-effects of PM but the mental ones as well.

It's one deep-rabbit hole and I feel a bit like Alice at times. Study of X leads to Y and Y to Z and so on.

I'm no doctor but I agree that it's more than just popping a few pills and waiting for 'presto! boobies!'

Hi E,

Too funny, definitely let me know what you find out!. But yes, steer clear of those rabbit holes!. Wink

(05-04-2014, 11:39 AM)AnnabelP Wrote:  
(05-04-2014, 02:57 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Ps. Thanks M for the question, sometimes I feel I'm all alone in research land! Wink

I long ago became aware that this whole subject was horribly complicated and that few people out there (including many endocrinologists) have any real feel for it. You are rapidly becoming one of the few through a great deal of hard work and perseverance, for which we owe you a great debt. I've just tended to throw up my hands and wait for other people to give me some idea of what I should be doing.

One area in which, possibly through laziness or inattention, I finf information lacking, is that of timing and duration of some of these processes, particularly those relating to the all important receptors. Obviously 'half-life' of the things we take, even if known, is only a small part of the process.

Anyhow, thank you so much and many hugs for your labours (although it does seem that you have your own reward in your magnificent development! Big Grin

Thank you Annie,

Eloquent and classy as always, Big Grin and a true motivator for me!

Hugs! Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon