Poll: Should I have posted this? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, it's helpful
92.31%
92.31%
no, NOT natural
7.69%
7.69%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Synthetics/Pharma AAs

Here's a treasure trove of info on the drugs some portion of us will at some point encounter if we continue to walk this path.

http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_m2f.htm

I realize most people wouldn't consider these drugs to be "natural", but its so loaded with info I thought it should be shared.

Lotus has everything dealing with herbs covered, and I know you girls aren't going to flame me for this at least Tongue

Enjoy!

Wow! Thank you for the light read! Tongue Lol.

Definite treasure trove of information. Very, very interesting.

Thank you for link.

Denita

(14-04-2014, 05:43 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  I know you girls aren't going to flame me for this at least Tongue

Why Sarah why. Why do you take my name in vain?! [Image: smiley-angry013.gif]

On a different note, I'm fine with you or anyone else posting stuff about pharma drugs on this forum. I'm not a NBE purist. I also think there's value with posting information like this considering the number of newcomers who are already using pharma HRT or are planning to.

(14-04-2014, 05:43 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Here's a treasure trove of info on the drugs some portion of us will at some point encounter if we continue to walk this path.

http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_m2f.htm

I realize most people wouldn't consider these drugs to be "natural", but its so loaded with info I thought it should be shared.

Lotus has everything dealing with herbs covered, and I know you girls aren't going to flame me for this at least Tongue

Enjoy!

A treasure trove indeed. Thank you Sarah. Smile While I'm far past the fork in the road that might conceivably have led me to transition, all this is good to know, particularly after my own male function seems to have been permanently (despite what Sammie`s endocrinologist says, and very little now to my regret) by drugs prescribed for other purposes. I too was taking only 50mg of spiro, but in retrospect I think my T had probably already been shut down by high doses of beta blockers on top of digoxin. Might BBs be an alternative to spiro as an AA? Going off at a bit of a tangent, I understand that many musicians and other performers take beta blockers to overcome performance anxiety: could this have a bearing on what seems to me to be a high incidence of transition among them? My guess is that the BBs certainly helped me weather not only GD but also the anxiety of being at the wrong end of an eight figure lawsuit for ten years. Now PM seems to have taken over the anxiety control function, though at least the litigation is I hope now over. The interactions between prescription drugs and their users are tricky enough - herbal interactions are far more complex. In either case I am infinitely grateful to those who have laboured to master the complexities involved. Smile

(14-04-2014, 11:50 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(14-04-2014, 05:43 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  I know you girls aren't going to flame me for this at least Tongue

Why Sarah why. Why do you take my name in vain?! [Image: smiley-angry013.gif]

You Flamin Flamer! TongueBig Grin

That's interesting Annie. My doctor put me on 50mg spiro a day, but that's not nearly enough for me right now apparently. I was generally unhappy and some facial hair regrew. Sad Now I'm back on cyprotone acetate and feeling better, with much slower hair growth. I'll have to look into Beta blockers sometime as a possible alternative to AAs.

It looks like this thread was met with mostly positive feedback. I'll keep it in mind the next time I stumble upon something interesting. Anyways, upon further review, the entire hrt subforum is a goldmine, although some of it gets rather technical.

http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/index.htm

Thank You for the links SarahSmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon