Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Sex And Gender Explorer.

I used Chrome stable on Debian Linux, and after each photo question just went back a page as Chrome kept my results (result Smile).

Bit annoying but it did look old.

Alright, I sort of got it to work though I had to keep retaking the silly thing because I would forget and click an image and then have to start over...
Anyway...
Thought process Androgynous
Social - Feminine
Major conflicts over gender (well, duh!)
Male to Female Transexual with major doubts about ability to successfully transition.

For being a silly old test, I would say it nailed me pretty good...tee hee.Tongue

Here are my results...

Your Raw Score is: 450, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery

- Misty

I'm using Chrome OS on a Samsung Chrome Book. Big Grin

(18-04-2014, 06:56 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  I'm guessing the socializing in a "very feminine" way has to do something with how excited you are about hugging strangers.

I think your probably right. Hugging may be where the socializing in a "very feminine" way may come from. Cultural, personal and individual differences can not be taking into account in the test.

(18-04-2014, 06:56 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  The idea of doing so really creeps me out, but apparently based on the choices given that is what they think is the "most female" choice. There were several of these kinds of questions. My answer would be different if it was someone i knew, but oh well....

Yay! I get to touch gross random people! Ugh.

OMG!! Didn't even think about gross people! Ugh yuck! Lol

Denita

(18-04-2014, 09:03 PM)Denita Wrote:  OMG!! Didn't even think about gross people! Ugh yuck! Lol

Denita

LOL I live in the South.

The downside to these fun little personality tests, as has, I am sure, been noted before, is that anyone with a little (very little...tee hee) smarts can quickly suss out what answers will mean in the overall framework, and then it becomes very difficult to answer according to strict unthinking honesty. Rather, I suspect most answer with some idea toward coloring what they would like their result to be, either consciously or not.

(18-04-2014, 06:53 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Alright, I sort of got it to work though I had to keep retaking the silly thing because I would forget and click an image and then have to start over...
Anyway...
Thought process Androgynous
Social - Feminine
Major conflicts over gender (well, duh!)
Male to Female Transexual with major doubts about ability to successfully transition.

For being a silly old test, I would say it nailed me pretty good...tee hee.Tongue

It certainly is a fun and interesting little test. Big Grin

Denita

Well, there's 20 minutes of my life down the drain... not that I had any other expectation than a little entertainment, mind you. Smile

It didn't come up with any results at all when I clicked "intersex"; a "0 raw score androgynous, not a candidate for transition" for male, and "0 raw score bisexual crossdresser" for female.

Some of the questions were mildly amusing, but as every other one of these tests I've ever seen goes, it's mostly a matter of "pick which bullshit stereotypes you think fit you best to get the answer you want".

Math and science are not just a guy thing... my years working amongst the manly men of construction, and in the office environments too, taught me that 90% of people suck at math regardless of their genitalia. 100% of politicians suck at math; that much is obvious just watching how government works.

Not only that, but it's rather insulting to women, I think, to assume that men are automatically better at math. More of the accountants I know are women, and they are, each and every one of them, stellar at math.

It's also foolish to assume that women are better at poetry. How many female poets can you name of the caliber of Longfellow, Wordsworth, Tennyson, Goethe, Kipling? Name one without googling, I dare you. (If someone says Maya Angelou, I'll scream.)

Spelling is not an indication of your gender; it's an indication of whether or not you have a) a functional brain and b) a decent education, and c) not (in all fairness) dyslexic. Just ridiculous.

Or when they ask questions like "You are mostly: Assertive - Independent - Adaptable - Understanding - Compassionate". There is no case to be made that any of those things are mutually exclusive.

Some of the spatial intelligence questions were slightly more on the mark, as overall men do perform slightly better, but when a male performs poorly at spatial reasoning, we'd not so much call him a woman as we'd call him... dull. Believe me, I've known plenty of men of limited spatial intelligence, and there's nothing whatever feminine about them.

And what the everlastin' fill-in-the-blank does your favorite monkey have to do with any damn thing? Huh Is Jane Goodall a man trapped in a woman's body because she studies gorillas?

Ah well. There's my nonsense for the day. Back to work.

Eh, I like Elizabeth Browning's poetry more than the works that I've read of Wordsworth or Tennyson. Then again, it's purely subjective. I'm not saying I believe either gender is superior when it comes to literature. The notion is as silly as the idea that a favorite monkey has any relation to one's gender identity.

It was the most amusing question exactly for that reason. Go Chimps!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon