Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Shaving Legs - Would Anyone Notice?

I do not have hairy legs. In fact, the only part of my legs where the hair is very visible is in the 8 inches around my knees. I have been thinking of shaving my legs (or depilitating), and wonder if anyone would really notice. I will be in shorts most of the time for the next 5 or 6 months, and was wondering whether people would really notice. Even if I were hairier, I am still not certain whether many people would be cognizant of it.

I have shaved my armpits off and on and do not think it caught much attention if any.

Any thoughts?

If someone else gets on to you about not having any hair on your legs and pits, you could easily tell them it helps you swim better lol. On a more serious note, if it makes you feel better then I say go ahead and do it Big Grin

I shave my legs actually my whole body. I'm like an ape fortunately wife prefers me smooth so that's good. I've had a few side glances but no comments since I'm almost always with my wife. I'm just starting PM so we'll see if my boobs get more pronounced if people notice. .

I'm totally hairless... no one cares... not even my team mates on my ice hockey team in the locker room.....

Spanky,

I'm sure people will notice, but whether they'll say anything to you about it I think it depends on the circumstances and the people you're around. I think strangers probably won't say anything to you. If you hang around male buddies they might comment or crack a joke or two. Females might say nothing or may comment on how nice your legs are. Shy

I suspect one's spouse/significant other is the only one who would really care about whether you shave your legs or not. Some women don't care, while others may feel it's weird when their male partner shaves his legs.

Will anyone notice? Probably.

Will anyone really care? Probably not.

Does it matter if they do? Nope.

Is it anyone else's business how you maintain your body? Nope.

Do you need an excuse? Are you so afraid of your friends' opinions that you'll make up a story -- swimming, cycling, etc -- or do you really think they'll judge you so harshly and cease to be your friends if you just said "body hair is icky to me"?

Because unless you are actually a pro-level biker or swimmer, no one's going to believe your excuse anyway. If you can't be honest with your friends, how good of friends are they, anyway? Personally, I tend to avoid the people who think they have to lie to me, so see how that shoe looks on the other foot.

I think omen more sensitive to this matter[/u]

First off, I really don't think anyone will notice. I've kept mine hewn for most of the past 30 years, mostly because I wore tights/pantyhose on stage, and they looked horrible on hairy legs, and I think MAYBE one or two people in all that time have even said a word about it, and if they did, it was just in passing and nothing more was said of it. I'd say you really have two choices: either tell anyone that asks (and I doubt anyone will) that you just don't like the looks of it anymore. My uncle had hairless legs and I'm pretty sure he shaved `em, because he was pretty hairy on his chest! He wasn't at ALL trans in ANY way. Secondly, shave `em now, but continue to wear longer pants for a while longer, a week or two, then start wearing shorts. Chances are, anyone that's seen you in longer pants all this time will not recall that you had hairy knees and when you whip `em out in a week or two with no hair, nothing will be noticed.
As for me, I just went ahead and shaved `em one day when we were about to play a gig and nobody noticed or said a word about it! The more you point it out, the more people will notice, so, just forget that you shaved `em and act completely normal.

no one really notices in my experience. You may get the odd comment, usually it is a really close friend or someone that is into you.
If it is a girl friend share tips on body hair control Smile works for me.

I forgot to mention, I've seen a number of guys in public with shaved legs and nobody says a word about it!
On the obverse, I've seen a number of women that DON'T shave their legs!! On one hand, it doesn't exactly look that nice, ESPECIALLY when they wear pantyhose!! But, on the other, I support their choice not to shave.
Just 2 days ago, I saw a teen girl on a bus with hairy pits and a little white glob of something in her pit hair! EEEWWWWW! Her being black made it stand out that much more, but, none of her girlfriends seemed to give a shit about it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon