Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

SHBG. Sex hormone-binding globulin.

(29-04-2014, 01:44 AM)kimdl93 Wrote:  Any idea on the dosage levels of vitamin d and magnesium that can influence SHBG levels?

Hi Kim,

I have not forgotten your post but so far the only dosage I have found in relation to SHBG is normal recommended daily amounts. So if you take a normal wide band multi vitamin already that should be enough. If I find anything I post an update on doses.

Denita

(29-04-2014, 08:58 AM)Denita Wrote:  
(29-04-2014, 01:44 AM)kimdl93 Wrote:  Any idea on the dosage levels of vitamin d and magnesium that can influence SHBG levels?

Hi Kim,

I have not forgotten your post but so far the only dosage I have found in relation to SHBG is normal recommended daily amounts. So if you take a normal wide band multi vitamin already that should be enough. If I find anything I post an update on doses.

Denita

Hi Denita and Kim,

Just some FYI's, Vitamin D lowers SHBG and increases Free and Total T.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20050857

Also:

Vitamin D might influence steroidogenesis of sex hormones (estradiol and progesterone) in healthy women and high 25(OH)D levels might be associated with endometriosis. In men, vitamin D is positively associated with semen quality and androgen status. Moreover, vitamin D treatment might increase testosterone levels. Testiculopathic men show low CYP21R expression, low 25(OH)D levels, and osteoporosis despite normal testosterone levels.

(29-04-2014, 02:10 AM)Denita Wrote:  Hi Annabel,

Just done some research and yes some phytoestrogens do bind to SHBG but not all. Phytoestrogens also increase SHBG because they act like estrogens.

Source:
Dietary Isoflavones Affect Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin Levels in Postmenopausal Women
Xenoestrogen interaction with human sex hormone-binding globulin (hSHBG)

Denita

Thank you very much for your reply, and please accept my apologies for muscling in on your thread, but SHBG was on my mind at the time. It seems from the references you have found that whether or not miroestrol or deoxymiroestrol is bound, PM contains phytoestrogens that are bound and is thus probably unlikely to do other than produce some possibly slight increase in SHBG.

(30-04-2014, 06:37 PM)AnnabelP Wrote:  
(29-04-2014, 02:10 AM)Denita Wrote:  Hi Annabel,

Just done some research and yes some phytoestrogens do bind to SHBG but not all. Phytoestrogens also increase SHBG because they act like estrogens.

Source:
Dietary Isoflavones Affect Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin Levels in Postmenopausal Women
Xenoestrogen interaction with human sex hormone-binding globulin (hSHBG)

Denita

Thank you very much for your reply, and please accept my apologies for muscling in on your thread, but SHBG was on my mind at the time. It seems from the references you have found that whether or not miroestrol or deoxymiroestrol is bound, PM contains phytoestrogens that are bound and is thus probably unlikely to do other than produce some possibly slight increase in SHBG.
Hi Annabel,

It's good to ask question! How else do we learn. Big Grin

Phytoestrogens are plant-derived estrogen not generated within the endocrine system but consumed by eating phytoestrogenic plants.

Miroestrol or deoxymiroestrol do bind to SHBG. The phytoestrogens in Pueraria mirifica including miroestrol, deoxymiroestrol, daidzein, genistin, genistein, β-sitosterol, stigmasterol, coumestrol, pueraria, campesterol, mirificoumestan, kwakhurin, and mirificine.

All phytoestrogens have an estrongenic effect to differing extents.

Any thing that act like estrogen will cause an increase in SHBG.

Denita

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon