Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Compromises

A thought for today...or a question for you, rather...
In your life, as you have moved along whatever path you have followed to bring you to a place devoted to growing breasts, and while you have been pursuing the goal you have had (somewhat different for each of us, perhaps) what compromises have you faced in your life, and how have you chosen to handle them? Obviously, some are related to SOs and relationships, and others to work and/or career. We all face choices in light of this somewhat different slant on the world that those with a GID have. What have been the big choices and compromises for you? Are you happy, sad or somewhere in between about how those decisions have worked out? Are you facing such a decision right now?
This is the big stuff. I am curious to hear from any and all of you.
HugsSmile
Sammie

What a good question, Samantha. I hadn't really thought about it before. I don't know why. Maybe because there have been far more pluses than minuses for me.

I think the biggest compromise for me has been the loss of physical strength. My son and I were doing some home improvement work the other day when I tried to muscle something into place and couldn't do it. It surprised me, and my son, who stepped in to help, performing the task with ease. Loss of T has meant the loss of physical strength which you have to admit is an asset. My wife wishes she was stronger so she doesn't have to ask me to do certain things for her that require more strength than she can muster. Soon she'll not have that luxury...lol.

Clara Smile

I sold my old car to get a more practical one which has much lower insurance, better fuel economy, lower road tax, cheaper servicing and cheaper parts.

I sold a perfect 1984 BMW 316i 1.8L E30 2-door coupe Blood red and replaced it with a Fiat punto 1.1 black.

It just seemed more sensible to have a car that was cheaper to run.

Seems my life has been a series of continuous small compromises... lol... Nothing really big..... ish..... maybe they would have made some difference.... maybe not.... I have been really successful in everything I've done... and prosperous ..... very much so.... that's kind of a problem too.... you make compromises on things because you have so many people dependent on you... and you don't want to let them down.... ooh well...

That is one kind, isn't it, Karren? The compromises we make to accommodate others we love or care about. It is all about choice. What action you choose and why.

(29-04-2014, 02:14 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  What have been the big choices and compromises for you? Are you happy, sad or somewhere in between about how those decisions have worked out? Are you facing such a decision right now?

To be frank, I often think I've compromised so much (happiness, wants, desires, needs, career) in my life just to ensure that my kids had a two parent household until they were grown and on their own. Being raised like so many others from a broken and misguided home, I just couldn't bring myself to put them through that. Because of this, my wife and I have been through marriage counseling twice in our 20+ year relationship, but there are times recently that I think we either need to go again or finally call it a day.

So I guess I would say that I'm somewhere in between at the moment, since it seems I'm on that roller coaster that is nothing but ups and downs with no end in sight. However, realizing and accepting some of my GID, which includes feminizing my appearance, has certainly helped clear my mind and focus.

I have a compromise to choose soon. At the moment I'm living in the house I grew up in. I moved back 17 years ago to help my mum out when my dad died because she was disabled. For the last 7 years I've been my mums carer. She died last year so the house has to go. So do i buy a place in my home town, somewhere familiar but surrounded with people I don't like or move well away were I will be completely alone. My anxiety says stay it's better the devil you know. The rest of me says go, it will be freedom but you will be utterly alone.

As far as being on stage, anybody don't like what I'm wearing, fuck `em!! Luckily my fans love me in a skirt and pantyhose. After gigs, if I had to walk home, about a 90 minute walk, the mini skirt and pantyhose stay and the bra and fake tits get put on.
I don't think dad ever saw me in the skirt or knew that I wore one. I'm pretty sure he'd flip out. Mom knew and would just make comments about it once in a while. "Hey! Come quick!! Look at this drummer on Johnny Carson!! HE'S wearing a suit and tie!!" Yeah, but he's not playing anywhere NEAR as hard as I do!! How hard is it to play big band stuff for 5 minutes as opposed to hard rock for 2 to 4 hours??
Anyway, I'd never wear any of it home, unless I was sure I could get away with it. Usually late at night after everyone else has gone to bed. Sometimes I'd wear it to bed.
These days, with everyone but mom either dead or moved out and her with a cataract, I can wear the tits nearly anytime I like, but I still have to be careful.
Going out, again, only late at night or in dead of winter where my coat would help to hide my tits. The excuse of keeping my legs warm could be used for the tights/pantyhose. After all, I was usually FORCED to wear tights in the winter when I was little!!

I've made many, as most of us have. Right now, I'm faced with one of those compromises that is an easy choice, but somewhat difficult to live with. My wife has asked that I not dress as often in her company and I am accomodating her. It's a step backward that I didn't expect to be making. It has caused me some emotional discomfort, but I can deal with it.

I have lived my entire life suppressing my female identity for the benefit of my loved ones, career and what I thought was my long term happiness. It's time for Dawn to have some love and recognition...just a little.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon