Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Licorice More Estrogenic Than Estradiol

I'm thinking of adding licorice root to my program.

Here is an article that shows how powerful it is:
http://suppversity.blogspot.ca/2011/11/l...adiol.html

Anyone have experiences with licorice root?

(29-04-2014, 10:32 PM)GorgeousBlonde Wrote:  I'm thinking of adding licorice root to my program.

Here is an article that shows how powerful it is:
http://suppversity.blogspot.ca/2011/11/l...adiol.html

Anyone have experiences with licorice root?

Hi Gorgeous,

Yes, a few (including myself) take it, what exactly would you like to know about it?.

Smile

How is it working for you? Can you take it along with estrogel and estrofem?

If Lotus's results are due to licorice.... I'm all in!

(29-04-2014, 11:00 PM)GorgeousBlonde Wrote:  How is it working for you? Can you take it along with estrogel and estrofem?

You have to be real careful here, this is some pretty potent stuff!, meaning potential health risk if not used correctly, Abi won't even recommend it's usage.

Let me give you some research facts first, and I've found that the research is always conflicting or contradictory so doing your homework is essential.

First, it's an estrogenic herb, then it helps block the conversion of DHT from testosterone and then also lowers serum testosterone levels.

And here's where it gets tricky, it inhibits the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone, but also increases total and free DHEA levels in both males and female saliva.

Are you with me so far?

And as an adrenal optimizer it also raises ‘Cortisol’ .

Ok, pressing forward without objections-Big Grin

-Licorice root is the only herb that balances estrogen, stimulates prolactin, and blocks testosterone all at the same time. Licorice contains numerous phytoestrogenic compounds such as glabridin, glaberine, and 3-hydroxyglabrol.

I'll just keep going if it's ok?

-Licorice can raise blood pressure--a function of glycyrrhizin's action on the adrenal glands--so avoid taking more than the recommended dosage. If you take licorice for more than four weeks, have your blood pressure checked. (Stop taking the herb at the first sign of high blood pressure; this side effect is reversible.)

-At high doses taken over long periods of time, licorice can result in excessive salt loss from the blood, heart irregularities, and other serious health problems. Symptoms of this type of overdose may include headache, swelling, stiffness, shortness of breath, upper abdominal pain, and lethargy, among others.

Licorice for health-

-Lessen symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. By enhancing cortisol activity, glycyrrhizin helps to increase energy, ease stress, and reduce the symptoms of ailments sensitive to cortisol levels, such as chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromylagia. In the 1800s, licorice extract was a common remedy for a type of persistent fatigue known as neurasthenia, the condition now known as chronic fatigue syndrome.

-For most disorders: Take 200 mg standardized extract in pill form three times a day, or 20 to 45 drops, three times a day, of a 1:5 tincture. (The 1:5 tincture represents one part herb is soaked in five parts liquid).

-Researchers are currently excited about the diverse healing properties of licorice, from its anti-inflammatory abilities to its capacity to soothe stomach upset and control coughs. Even the National Cancer Institute has investigated the medicinal benefits of licorice.

-Beneficial for hypoglycemia, bronchitis, colitis, diverticulosis, gastritis, stress, colds, nausea, and inflammation. Cleanses the colon, promotes adrenal gland function, decreases muscle or skeletal spasms, and increases the fluidity of mucus from the lungs and bronchial tubes. Has estrogen-like hormone effects; changes the voice. Studies show licorice root stimulates the production of interferon. Warning: Do not use if you have high blood pressure."

Sorry GB,

Getting back to your OP, can you take it with Estrogel and Estrofem?,

I have to ask this though-Here's my question for everybody-

Licorice root displayed estrogenic activities at either the estrogen-alpha or estrogen-beta receptor that were more pronounced than the ones of the reference "drug", estradiol (E2).

Is LR good for your ER-alpha or ER-beta while taking Estrogel and Estrofem?,

I'm so sorry Gorgeous for HIJACKING your thread, Blush

You'll probably think twice before you ask me anything again sweetheart! Rolleyes I'm really grateful you did ask because it's an important question.

Hugs!

P.S. Thanks Karren! Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon