Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Email I sent coming out to my parents

(05-05-2014, 12:18 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 02:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Eva and Kari...both of you newly svelte beauties need to pack your bags and join us at Southern Comfort in September...lol...strut that stuff, girls! Tongue

September is a long way away and its a little early to commit to that for me.... Atlanta is pretty far from here and I am pretty much full time now... Not sure I could pull off a plane flight yet thoughRolleyes
You never know though hopefully things will look better for me as we get closer to September, it does sound like a lot of fun Wink

Eve, honey, it will not be just be a lot of fun, it will be extremely valuable for your growth as a transwoman. There will be many presentations on subjects that will be very helpful to you -- that will help you to make better choices and provide ways to enhance your effective female presentation. Just learning how to put on make convincingly but subtly is skill we all need to master. Tips on fashion, voice training, acceptance by loved ones, dressing appropriately, seeing how some 700 attendees (estimated) pull it off to one degree or another, and, of course, the potential to make new friends make this conference so valuable. Yeah, it's a bit pricey to make the trip from SD, but the show itself is reasonably priced ($300) and well worth it. Remember that the hotel (Crown Plaza on the Perimeter) has a limited number of blocked out rooms at the group price ($129), so don't wait too long if you do intend to come. We'd love to have you join our little (so far) contingent.

Clara Smile

Good luck Eve its important to follow your heart and dreams.
There is only one life we need to live it the way we want to.
And enjoy each moment that it has for us.

(08-05-2014, 05:15 AM)Connie5 Wrote:  Good luck Eve its important to follow your heart and dreams.

Hi Connie,

I understand the sentiment of what you said; in the context of many, like, EvaMaria, I couldn't agree more. I'm sure Eve's situation resonates with your life story very much, and I celebrate that you and Eve have had the courage to follow your hearts and dreams.

But, of course, for every Eve. there are many people, as evidenced by the membership of this forum, who have chosen a different life than what they would choose if it weren't for other factors in the equation. I speak from my own personal situation. My biggest hope for them is to find a compromise that brings some measure of peace and harmony in their conflicted lives.

For all the Eves in the world, I'm happy for them having made the decision to live a life as a woman, being honest with her loved ones about their decision, and starting to realize their dreams after years of compromise and sacrifice.

Hugs to you all,

Clara Smile

(08-05-2014, 05:15 AM)Connie5 Wrote:  Good luck Eve its important to follow your heart and dreams.

Thanks Connie its liberating to be free and out.... I look forward to waking up every day now... Thats the way its supposed to beSmile

(08-05-2014, 12:20 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 12:18 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  
(05-05-2014, 02:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Eva and Kari...both of you newly svelte beauties need to pack your bags and join us at Southern Comfort in September...lol...strut that stuff, girls! Tongue

September is a long way away and its a little early to commit to that for me.... Atlanta is pretty far from here and I am pretty much full time now... Not sure I could pull off a plane flight yet thoughRolleyes
You never know though hopefully things will look better for me as we get closer to September, it does sound like a lot of fun Wink

Eve, honey, it will not be just be a lot of fun, it will be extremely valuable for your growth as a transwoman. There will be many presentations on subjects that will be very helpful to you -- that will help you to make better choices and provide ways to enhance your effective female presentation. Just learning how to put on make convincingly but subtly is skill we all need to master. Tips on fashion, voice training, acceptance by loved ones, dressing appropriately, seeing how some 700 attendees (estimated) pull it off to one degree or another, and, of course, the potential to make new friends make this conference so valuable. Yeah, it's a bit pricey to make the trip from SD, but the show itself is reasonably priced ($300) and well worth it. Remember that the hotel (Crown Plaza on the Perimeter) has a limited number of blocked out rooms at the group price ($129), so don't wait too long if you do intend to come. We'd love to have you join our little (so far) contingent.

Clara Smile

Hi Clara while that sounds like a lot of fun and I have nothing against trans people obviously (I am one after all) my focus is almost entirely on meeting and interacting with "cis" people...

All of this isnt cheap either BTW... Ive been doing weekly electrolysis on the white/gray hairs the laser wont take out on my face... I have to drive an hour just to get there, then pay her $110.00 cash only for two hours... Its SLOW going too....

I am out with her now too BTW... I figured there was no point in trying to hide it with her.... "Real men" simply do not do that LOL... Things go by much faster now that we can talk openly... She has been at this for 25 years and has had many trans patients it turns out and thats reassuring.... I figure I will be seeing a lot of her, might as well get some "therapy" out of the deal for my $$$.... She's a very open minded nice ladySmile

(07-05-2014, 01:02 PM)kimdl93 Wrote:  You raised an interesting and amusing consideration....now that your out to parents and some siblings, you'll need to work harder on your presentation! More pressure!

Really, if you are like me, I'm sure that's the kind of pressure you'll enjoy.

It must have been heart wrenching to see your mom go through that emotional loss. I hope she can quickly come to realize that you aren't gone, just fully revealed as the person you have always been.

Best wishes!

She is coming around fast thankfully... My two brothers wives are totally behind me but Ive yet to hear from either of my brothers...

One is closer to me than the other and he is allegedly supportive but Ive yet to hear from him yet... The other refuses to talk to his wife about it...

I can tell you thats NOT my problem though and if the roles were reversed Id offer nothing but unconditional love...

I suspect my little sister will be understanding Id think, we were never close at all and hope we can be now.... I think it was because I always wanted to be herBlush

This has actually brought me and my Mom much closer together than we have ever been now that I can be totally honest with herSmile

But yes there is lots more pressure on me now because I do not want them to worry about me.... They have not even seen a recent picture of me so I can only imagine they picture the old man me in a dress and a bad wig...

Id like to shock them with just how damn pretty I amTongue

(08-05-2014, 11:41 AM)EvaMarie Wrote:  Id like to shock them with just how damn pretty I amTongue

Why not, Eve? It won't be a shock so much as a confirmation of the seriousness and irreversibility of your decision.

And, yes, you are damn pretty!

Clara Smile

Aww Thanks Doll, your too kindBlushSmile

(08-05-2014, 11:30 AM)EvaMarie Wrote:  Hi Clara while [SCC] sounds like a lot of fun and I have nothing against trans people obviously (I am one after all) my focus is almost entirely on meeting and interacting with "cis" people...

Oh, sure, I can understand that, and it's a good goal to have. There are a lot more cis-people in the world last time I checked...lol.

Still, to be well-accepted in the cis-world, as it were, you have to do a pretty good job of passing as a woman to be accepted. I'm sure you've thought about that more than I. You have the advantage of having relocated to a part of the country where no one knew you as a presenting male, so even if you are read as a transwoman, many cis-people will accept you knowing that.

Don't get me wrong, Eve, I'm not one who feels that trans people should hide their cross gender. They should have every right to exist as anyone else. But, I do see complications with not being convincing as a woman in certain settings. If it were me, (and who knows if I'll someday face the challenge) I would seek to emulate feminine behaviors as much as I could. That would include dress, voice, and mannerisms at the top of my list.

Even though I don't plan to live full-time as a woman, I do want to do so part-time, and getting good at it is a goal of mine that I want to work at. SCC will be, for me, a four day seminar on how to overcome some of my many telltale male-isms, with a lot of take-home assignments after hours..giggle.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon