Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Email I sent coming out to my parents

Thanks for the kind words all of youSmile

Yesterday was a very emotional day for me, you say Im "brave" I guess so... But there was really no other choice for me...

There is no going back for me so this is something I just have to do...

Really still kinda shocked at their positive reaction, I dont really think it could have went better so farCool

Life is good todaySmile

(03-05-2014, 04:57 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  Really still kinda shocked at their positive reaction, I dont really think it could have went better so farCool

Life is good todaySmile

I'm not that surprised. There is a wave of tolerance that is sweeping the country when it comes to gay and trans people. In my own family a niece announced her lesbianism with complete acceptance by everyone in the family that I'm aware of. If there was disapproval, it was not expressed openly. It's a good trend, and should lessen the fear we have about revealing our true natures.

On the other hand, I'm concerned that those who are the closest to us -- wives and girl friends -- are the least accepting. That's because it has such a significant impact on that person's life, and how they perceive themselves fitting into society.

Does your 'surprise' make it easier for you to talk to your parents face to face now?

Clara Smile

Id say yes it will make it easier but Im not in a hurry...

They have been talking about coming out here to visit me for a while now... I decided that simply wasnt going to happen and I had to tell them the truth... I mean the changes Ive had are impossible to hide and I live pretty much full time now... I had that letter written for a while just waiting for the day they called... Well that was yesterday...

Im sure they are shocked and I just think a little time needs to go by before I can really be comfortable even talking to them on the phone....

Wow, Eva, that really was something! So much information. It's speaks well,of your parents that they've begun to absorb and accept so quickly.

Congratulations and best of luck during your transition!

EvaMarie,

I've been meaning to tell you that you inspired me. I was reminded when I read the bit about losing weight in the letter to your parents. When you posted your before and current pictures a while ago, it was the kick in the butt I needed to finally do something about my weight. I was 6'0" and about 200 lbs 6 weeks ago which isn't too bad really but I have this very characteristic spare tire and tiny beer gut common to men ...certainly not feminine. I was waiting patiently for breasts to develop but constantly annoyed by the unbecoming mid section right below the budding breasts. Nothing says "moobs" more than a tummy supporting them, IMHO. When I saw your pictures and read about the weight you'd already lost, the puck hit the floor and it was game time! The man gut had to go! I read the Wheat Belly book about 5 weeks ago and put it into practice right away. So far, I've lost about 15 pounds and 1-2 inches around my waist. I'm gong to keep going until the spare tire and belly bubble are both gone which I expect will happen between 160-170. So I'm with ya on the weight loss initiative. Thanks for the kick in the butt!

Eva and Kari...both of you newly svelte beauties need to pack your bags and join us at Southern Comfort in September...lol...strut that stuff, girls! Tongue

(05-05-2014, 12:47 AM)Kari Leigh Doodlebug Wrote:  EvaMarie,

I've been meaning to tell you that you inspired me. I was reminded when I read the bit about losing weight in the letter to your parents. When you posted your before and current pictures a while ago, it was the kick in the butt I needed to finally do something about my weight. I was 6'0" and about 200 lbs 6 weeks ago which isn't too bad really but I have this very characteristic spare tire and tiny beer gut common to men ...certainly not feminine. I was waiting patiently for breasts to develop but constantly annoyed by the unbecoming mid section right below the budding breasts. Nothing says "moobs" more than a tummy supporting them, IMHO. When I saw your pictures and read about the weight you'd already lost, the puck hit the floor and it was game time! The man gut had to go! I read the Wheat Belly book about 5 weeks ago and put it into practice right away. So far, I've lost about 15 pounds and 1-2 inches around my waist. I'm gong to keep going until the spare tire and belly bubble are both gone which I expect will happen between 160-170. So I'm with ya on the weight loss initiative. Thanks for the kick in the butt!

Thanks Kari thats great and I know you feel better dropping the spare tireSmile

I still have more Id like to lose there but I HATE exerciseTongue

I just did a search on this "wheat belly book" and it sounds interestingCool

Id much rather change my diet than sweat or exert myself in any way to try to lose it LOL Im gonna look into itWink

(03-05-2014, 06:54 PM)kimdl93 Wrote:  Wow, Eva, that really was something! So much information. It's speaks well,of your parents that they've begun to absorb and accept so quickly.

Congratulations and best of luck during your transition!

Thanks Kim... Its been a very emotional couple days with a lot more back and forth with my Mom... It really was a bombshell dropped on her and she was very sad for a while crying telling me she will miss the old me... That I can understand, and while its great to finally be free to be myself it also makes me VERY SAD thinking about what it must be doing to her....

I think thats probably a pretty normal reaction though.... She has been coming around though and I think we will end up much closer than we ever were now that I can be truly honest her.... It really has gone better than I ever thought it could haveSmile

She told my brother who I was always close with and Im sure he was shocked as well, she said he didnt know what to say... She just told me he is behind me 100% and wanted time to put his thoughts down on all this and will be contacting me soon...

The last time I saw him before I even started on any of the NBE or HRT I really wanted to tell him but I was scared and I didnt...

So I am excited about hearing from him... I have another brother and a sister that havent heard the news yet...

All that said I dont think Im gonna be comfortable with actually seeing them or even talking on the phone or a LONG timeBlush

I gotta say Im surprised at at the positive reaction so far though because they are very straight "conservative" people who would always make me cringe with the gay or trans jokes, slurs and jabs....

Oh well life goes on now... I do feel a bit more pressure now though as far as my femme presentation goes thoughRolleyes

I mean I was hoping for more time to let the HRT work before I had to do this but unfortunately It had to be done sooner than I wanted....

I do live 1000 miles away from them all though so that does make all this easier than if they were close by.....

(05-05-2014, 02:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Eva and Kari...both of you newly svelte beauties need to pack your bags and join us at Southern Comfort in September...lol...strut that stuff, girls! Tongue

September is a long way away and its a little early to commit to that for me.... Atlanta is pretty far from here and I am pretty much full time now... Not sure I could pull off a plane flight yet thoughRolleyes
You never know though hopefully things will look better for me as we get closer to September, it does sound like a lot of fun Wink

You raised an interesting and amusing consideration....now that your out to parents and some siblings, you'll need to work harder on your presentation! More pressure!

Really, if you are like me, I'm sure that's the kind of pressure you'll enjoy.

It must have been heart wrenching to see your mom go through that emotional loss. I hope she can quickly come to realize that you aren't gone, just fully revealed as the person you have always been.

Best wishes!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon