Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Well I finally did it

It has taken me too many years to pluck up the courage to make that appointment with my doctor to discuss my GID.

I am still unsure why it took so long, uncertainty, fear of it affecting your medical future, I don't know ! What I can now report it was a painless process and I feel stupid that I hesitated so long Blush

I went fully prepared although still a little nervous, and unusually for me I explained in clear, concise and in eloquently my history focussing on my desire to progress towards a more feminine outcome even at my age.

I was able to answer all the questions and it culminated in the doctor referring me for endocrinologist interview as here in the UK you cannot obtain HRT without that interview. There is also no such thing as 'informed consent'.

The doctor (female) was not at all phased and seemed to be very sympathetic and fully understanding and quickly put me at ease.

I am disappointed and happy with the outcome. If I think about it seriously it was only to be expected. So now I await the next appointment.

I do feel relieved to have this behind me and celebrated with a large glass of wine.

Love to you girls

Hugs
Heather X

Congratulations, Heather. I can just imagine how wonderful you feel having taken this big first step. So why are we always afraid to take these necessary actions? Everyone seems to have a positive experience when it finally happens. Oh well, you did it, and now onward and upward, sweetheart.

Clara SmileSmile

Good for you heather, hopefully things can move forward for you.

Glad it went well and good luck with the Endo HeatherSmile

Thank you Clara, Janet & Eva, you girls are so supportive.
I did say in my post that I celebrated with a glass of wine but forgot to mention I went further than that......NO ! I didn't drink the whole bottle Big Grin
I went out and bought a new dress and a casual jacket. I will take some pics later this week.

Thank you again

Love to you sweethearts

Heather X

Yay, Heather! I am so happy for you! Yes, isnt it funny how so many of the things we fear, once we simply step out and do them, turn out to be non events. As Winston once remarked..."fear itself...etc etc". LOL
Can't wait to see the new outfit!Big Grin
Hugs

I'm so glad for you. You are also an inspiration to me to firmly resolve to take my next step, not on the medical front (on which I'm not finding my current PHP very useful as far as gender issues are involved), but to tackle scary issues on the personal front.

Hugs!

(15-05-2014, 04:04 PM)AnnabelP Wrote:  I'm so glad for you. You are also an inspiration to me to firmly resolve to take my next step, not on the medical front (on which I'm not finding my current PHP very useful as far as gender issues are involved), but to tackle scary issues on the personal front.

Hugs!

Like a visit to Atlanta, Annie? Tongue

(15-05-2014, 04:19 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(15-05-2014, 04:04 PM)AnnabelP Wrote:  I'm so glad for you. You are also an inspiration to me to firmly resolve to take my next step, not on the medical front (on which I'm not finding my current PHP very useful as far as gender issues are involved), but to tackle scary issues on the personal front.

Hugs!

Like a visit to Atlanta, Annie? Tongue

See my latest post on your program thread, and will me to do it!

Thank you Sammi & Annie,

If anyone is inspired its me, you girls are so in tune I can only do my best to mimic your success. There are still 8 clouds below me !

Love
Heather X

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon