Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM vs Synthetic Estrogen

Spiro blocks T receptors from linking to free T in the blood. The pituitary sees that there is sufficient free T, so it shuts down T production in the testes. But, since there is free T in the blood, it will get converted to DHT by the enzyme 5-alpha reductace. That's where finasteride and dutasteride come in because they reduce the amount of 5ar produced, thus limiting the amount of DHT that is converted.

Apparently, you are right about the dosage recommendations for spiro, Sarah. Spiro has a very short half life, so it needs to be taken more than once a day in sufficient amounts to keep the T receptors tied up. When I increase by dosage, I think I'll take another tablet at lunch time.

Clara Smile

LOL, for whatever reason, the talk about spiro invaded my brain and I just took another 100 spiro pill instead of the dutasteride I was supposed to.

So now thats 200mg of spiro in like 4 hrs! lol, i guess we'll see what happens.

(30-05-2014, 09:42 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  LOL, for whatever reason, the talk about spiro invaded my brain and I just took another 100 spiro pill instead of the dutasteride I was supposed to.

So now thats 200mg of spiro in like 4 hrs! lol, i guess we'll see what happens.

Ooooh! Sarah, you'll be peeing all evening...giggle. So, to continue.....

Taking spiro doesn't reduce your T levels. Rather it prevents T from linking to androgen receptors throughout the body. In other words, it prevents free T and DHT from doing their thing. Free T affects the primary sex characteristics of a male, i.e., the reproductive organs, sex drive, muscular development. DHT affects the secondary sex characteristics which include hair follicles. Spiro's T blocking effect will be immediate if the dosage is sufficient.

But, in addition to blocking T, we want to lower our total serum T to about 40 ng/dL, that's about the amount that a GG has. This is best done by taking E2 (estradiol). If there is sufficient E2 in the blood, it will drive down T levels because the pituitary will not call for T production in the testes if there is sufficient sex hormone (E+T) in the blood.

The use of all three drugs (estrogen, spironolactone, and finasteride) work in combination to speed up feminization.

Clara Smile

Sarah, are you also finding that switching to synthetics is saving you money vs herbals? Even aside from having prescription drug coverage, which I don't, it still seems that synthetics are giving me more bang for the buck.

I'm assuming that the cost of regular doctor visits are the same for either program.

Clara Smile

(31-05-2014, 04:49 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Sarah, are you also finding that switching to synthetics is saving you money vs herbals? Even aside from having prescription drug coverage, which I don't, it still seems that synthetics are giving me more bang for the buck.

I'm assuming that the cost of regular doctor visits are the same for either program.

Clara Smile

It's cheaper than herbals were by far, but thats only because I'd go apeshit crazy buying tons of different herbal stuff in desperation. If it was only PM and SP then the price would be closer. Pharma probably still a bit cheaper with a prescription.

I don't have drug coverage either and its 8 bucks a month for E and 8 bucks a month for spiro.

Oh yeah, and I was peeing a lot last night lol....

Anyone know where I can but estrogen and anti androgens online without a prescription . The nearest endocrinologist is almost there hundred miles away

Sarah had a legal online source but I cannot remember the site name Roxy. Maybe she can help you with that.Smile

Alldaychemist.com and inhousepharmacy.biz are the two sites I've ordered from before. Had no problems with either.

It is probably a bit late to add my bit, and I only have experiences with herbs, mostly PM and SP with a calcium supplement. Effects I noticed were:

A slow breast growth
Fat redistribution
Some skin irritation
Increase empathy
Decreased function, but no loss in drive
Lubrication in the area under the scrotum
A strange purple line from the tip of my penis to the area where this lubricant seems to generate.

I have not dabbled with Estradiol, and wander if one brand is better than another, like the Ainterol product seems better that other PM suppliers?

(30-05-2014, 08:22 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  BTW, I was expecting Eva Marie to chime in. Where is our Eva girl??

Clara

Hi Clara, been a busy week here with my EX visiting... She will be going home today and I will miss her, WOW we had fun but just as friendsWink

I started my Spiro last week, I seem to tolerate it very well and I like it so farSmile

I started with 100mg split mornings/evenings for a few days then got tired of splitting pills and upped it to 200 with no ill effects but I did notice I have to pee a lot more than normal on 200mg...

So lately I take 100mg in the morning and then split the other 100, 50mg around noon then the other 50 around 6 pm and I like that betterWink I plan to keep it at 200mg for a long time...

Ive been tapering down the E from 10mg down to 8 and Im aiming for eventually 6 with the Spiro....

So Im on .5 mg Dutas, 200mg spiro, 6-10 mg E2 (I try to keep it equal doses of estrofem/progynova).....

I feel great on this so farSmile

Im going to try introducing some E gel and reducing the oral E soon....
Should bypass the liver for the first pass and raise the E2/estrone ratio...

Im also going to try adding some bio identical progesterone in a 10-12 day cycle starting this week with 100 mg at night before bed... Hope the P doesnt turn me into a super bitch like the Medroxy doesRolleyes

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon