Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

This is Sad.

(This is a rant... while it's still fresh in my mind.)

First, the article:

Nevada Republican Could Become Nation's First Transgender State Legislator

Okay, great! I am glad to see more variety in politics, for one thing... and it's always nice to see that people can be their authentic selves in public, whatever their sort of authenticity. If I lived in that district, she would get my vote.

So cool... until we get to the comments. What... the... fuck!!!

We have this liberal/leftist/pinko echo chamber that nearly to a person is bashing Ms Scott for going Republican! It's comment after comment of screeching hysteria, like "how can she do that? The Republicans hate her!"

Obviously fucking not. Are these asshats for real?

Thing is, I doubt even a one of the shrieking lefties will change their opinion of Republicans even if she runs away with a Republican landslide.

They should be happy -- beside themselves with joy -- that a trans person has handily won a Republican primary! That's making a change, isn't it! There's GOP voters PROVING they treat people as individuals, just like liberals claim they want, and now they're mad about it!

They're yelling that all Republicans hate, loathe, and puke at the notion of trans people, and would kill all of trans-kind in a heartbeat... but here is a trans woman who is receiving all kinds of support from Republicans -- but not Democrats! Can we say "cognitive dissonance?"

Once again, it shows that Democrats are not as inclusive and tolerant as they'd wish to have us all believe.

I guess they're all for supporting black people, immigrants, gays, transexuals, etc -- as long as they vote Democrat.

Way to be progressive, Dumbocrats.

You know what happens when there's only one political party? Read up on Communist bloc eastern Europe.

I'm just... wow. This is why I'm libertarian. Two parties isn't enough. Where can one be socially liberal (as in liberty, freedom) and support fiscally sound government?

Eh, people have been conditioned to treat party politics with such a degree of dualism that it's more like team sports than any sort of rational discourse.

There is no thought involved in the views of most followers of party politics, on either side....simply a primitive "us vs. them" mentality that is hard to take seriously.

(13-06-2014, 07:39 PM)MissC Wrote:  (This is a rant... while it's still fresh in my mind.)

First, the article:

Nevada Republican Could Become Nation's First Transgender State Legislator

Okay, great! I am glad to see more variety in politics, for one thing... and it's always nice to see that people can be their authentic selves in public, whatever their sort of authenticity. If I lived in that district, she would get my vote.

So cool... until we get to the comments. What... the... fuck!!!

We have this liberal/leftist/pinko echo chamber that nearly to a person is bashing Ms Scott for going Republican! It's comment after comment of screeching hysteria, like "how can she do that? The Republicans hate her!"

Obviously fucking not. Are these asshats for real?

Thing is, I doubt even a one of the shrieking lefties will change their opinion of Republicans even if she runs away with a Republican landslide.

They should be happy -- beside themselves with joy -- that a trans person has handily won a Republican primary! That's making a change, isn't it! There's GOP voters PROVING they treat people as individuals, just like liberals claim they want, and now they're mad about it!

They're yelling that all Republicans hate, loathe, and puke at the notion of trans people, and would kill all of trans-kind in a heartbeat... but here is a trans woman who is receiving all kinds of support from Republicans -- but not Democrats! Can we say "cognitive dissonance?"

Once again, it shows that Democrats are not as inclusive and tolerant as they'd wish to have us all believe.

I guess they're all for supporting black people, immigrants, gays, transexuals, etc -- as long as they vote Democrat.

Way to be progressive, Dumbocrats.

You know what happens when there's only one political party? Read up on Communist bloc eastern Europe.

I'm just... wow. This is why I'm libertarian. Two parties isn't enough. Where can one be socially liberal (as in liberty, freedom) and support fiscally sound government?

Totally agree, I think everyone should be treated 100% equal no matter what, we should never just anything more than the heart. If someone has a good heart and intensions that is it! If someone is a criminal or has malice or band intentions then they are dirt as far as I am concerned. Simple as that.

Makes me proud to be a registered independent! !

(13-06-2014, 07:39 PM)MissC Wrote:  I'm just... wow. This is why I'm libertarian. Two parties isn't enough. Where can one be socially liberal (as in liberty, freedom) and support fiscally sound government?

Same here. [Image: smiley-signs007.gif]

Unfortunately, it seems third party candidates have a lot of hurdles to overcome just to have a chance at gaining a noticeable part of the vote. I know Ron Paul and others have talked about how hard it is, legally and financially to get into the major debates and on all the states' ballots when you're a third party candidate. Who knows, maybe if the non-voting (but still eligible) part of the population all voted third party, the two-party system could finally be disassembled.

I am a registered Libertarian. (Actually, I am a Constitutional Anarchist, but there is no box to check for that.)
It is frustrating how seldom I get to vote for some one that I whole heartedly support.
Yarrr!

Before we all accept the characterization you offer of liberal pinkos, could we acknowledge that the present day Republican Party has not been particularly supportive of gender variants? And second could we acknowledge that the statements of people on an unmoderated news feed tend to be unfiltered rantings.

I wouldn't criticize a person who characterizes herself as moderate for her choice of running as a republican. I would, however, submit that she will be terribly lonely among her tea party colleagues.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon