Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

synthetics anti androgen

What does.everyone use for synthetic anti androgen. I can't decide which one to use. Preferably the one with the least side affects..Spiro combined with that other one seems to be a lot. It makes u pee a lot and I really don't wanna have to fight an ongoing battle with my potassium levels.
I have heard of Cypertone acetate but not much from people here.

I need ur help ladies. I have great results from very low doses of pm and sp extract. Will eventually move to synthetics in my 31 birthday in October so I wanna prep myself for it any help would be adored
Kisses
Roxy

Cypertone acetate isn't approved for use in the US, but in the places it is approved everything indicates that it's the "go to" anti androgen. Like every other pharma drug, it's very potent stuff and use should be professionally monitored.

I use Finpecia which is prescribed for thinning hair but technically, it blocks the conversion of testosterone into DHT which would make it a very mild anti androgen by comparison. That's probably not what you were looking for but maybe that's a good thing. ...Broaden your horizons a little Smile

Hi Roxy,

I've switched from herbs (PM, Spearmint and Pygeum) to prescription meds because I'll be getting my medical needs provided by a trans-friendly physician who will be supervising my transition from now on. I want to use meds that he's familiar with.

I've received my second order of Aldactone (spironolactone) in 100 mg tablet size. I ramped up from 25 to 100 mg with no problems. Yes, it is a diuretic, so it makes me pee more often, but not that much more. I do make it a point to drink more water and have switched from cola to sport drinks to restore electrolytes. My favorites are Propel Zero and Powerade Zero because they have very low potassium content (spiro is potassium sparing so taking in extra K is not advised). What I like about spiro is that it is well-tolerated and has been around since 1970. I plan to continue ramping up to a daily dosage of 200 mg/day. At that point I hope to start seeing some significant body hair reduction.

Keep in mind that medical monitoring is very important when doing HRT with pharma (or with herbs for that matter). Please don't take chances with your health.

Hugs,
Clara Smile

I've taken Cyproterone acetate, Spiro, Finasteride and Dutasteride before.

Siterone(CA) is by far the most effective and is 4 times stronger than Spiro. So 50mg of it equals 200 of Spiro. It's also a mild progestin and had no undesirable side effects for me. The only drawback I've read of is possible long term liver damage, but that was at the doses given to chemically castrate sex offenders (usually around 200mg daily). The effect on the liver is dose dependent so 50mg daily shortterm is unlikely to cause much harm. Also, it is not available in the US so you'd have to order from an online pharmacy. I actually still have some lying around. lol...i had blood tests after a few months solid on it and my total T was 75 ng/dl. This is female range....the drug is very effective imo. I took it on my own authority off and on for about a year Tongue

Anyways, after I saw an endo and got on official HRT I switched to Spiro mainly for how cheap it is. Even at 200mg daily, I feel like it's weaker than my old 50mg siterone routine.(I can comment more on its strength after i have my blood tests on the 1st) At first I peed a lot more, but after about a week it was fine. I've been on it for almost 3 months with no issues. As long as your sodium intake is normal, potassium shouldn't be a problem provided you read labels and avoid overeating foods high in vit K or loaded with potassium. I stopped eating bananas and limited leafy greens and have been feeling great!

Fincar/Dutasteride are DHT inhibitors. I take them only because I live in fear of DHT. It's very hard to comment on the efficacy of either, but I can say neither has given me any bad side effect. I'm honestly not sure I have that much free T to even worry about DHT conversion, but I don't need my facial hair regrowing and making my monthly laser sessions pointless!

Of course, I'm not counting the loss of spontaneous erections or "shooting blanks" as side effects for any of the drugs listed above. It's par for the course, and I enjoy both changes lol...

That sounds encouraging, Sarah.

My total T was measured at 109 ng/dL after 4 months just taking PM. No need for anything else when you're starting out, Roxy. Of course, I may be extra sensitive to PM. My breast growth has been faster than I ever dreamed. I'm thinking I should slow it down. Then, again.......

Clara Tongue

(19-06-2014, 09:35 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  That sounds encouraging, Sarah.

My total T was measured at 109 ng/dL after 4 months just taking PM. No need for anything else when you're starting out, Roxy. Of course, I may be extra sensitive to PM. My breast growth has been faster than I ever dreamed. I'm thinking I should slow it down. Then, again.......

Clara Tongue

Maybe so. I also think age is a big factor. I had some breast growth on PM & SP, but it didn't kill spontaneous erections like cyproterone acetate did and spiro continues to do. (since I wasn't having blood tests back then, that's my measure of T levels LOL)

PM did provide some temporary GD relief, and grease the slippery slope to womanhood, so I'm ever grateful to it for that, though!

Wow...that phrasing sounds kinda dirty lmao.

As I've stated before, I think PM's anti-androgenic effect is often underestimated, and going with it for as far as it can take you is a good idea in general, especially when you're not having hormone levels tested. However, if people are determined to move on to pharma drugs, then any information about them could prove useful, no matter how anecdotal in nature it is.

My fear inspired my obsessive interest in these drugs when I was self medicating, but most people probably aren't as paranoid as I!
Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon