Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Synthetics what blood tests and dosages

Bobie, 2mgs a day seems really low. I felt nothing at all on that amount.

Im an idiot (i think) see here http://www.annelawrence.com/tgcare.pdf i took that to be 2mg, tid apparently means three times a day and bid twice a day so actually im on the money with the spiro and under on the estradiol, feel a little better even if i do feel really stupid.... Smile

I take 2mg estradiol twice a day (bid) presently, and will stay at that dosage until my endo tells me otherwise. I'm told I will be placed on an estrogen patch when that time comes as it is a safer delivery method.

It's always best to go slowly imo. In the morning when I awake, my breasts feel normal. I take 2mg of estradiol valerate sublingually immediately on getting up, and within 30 minutes my breasts are fairly painful to any pressure applied to them. A hard knock will make me cry out. As long as the soreness is there, I'm confident that growth is happening.

Clara Smile

I think i will make a decision when i get my blood test results back based on my e and t levels, i should have the results back on monday, im looking apparently an approx a 3 month wait until my first appointment at the gic so i want to take things easy as a lot can happen in 3 months, while i would miss seeing progress if i did decide to reduce my dose as long as im mentally comfortable im happy

(27-06-2014, 12:38 PM)bobie Wrote:  I think i will make a decision when i get my blood test results back based on my e and t levels, i should have the results back on monday, im looking apparently an approx a 3 month wait until my first appointment at the gic so i want to take things easy as a lot can happen in 3 months, while i would miss seeing progress if i did decide to reduce my dose as long as im mentally comfortable im happy

I like that plan, Bobie. HRT with proper monitoring takes a lot of the guesswork out of your program and will probably give you the best overall outcome.

Clara Smile

Well clara its not really proper monitoring until im under the care of an endo since i am still self medicating but its the next best thing in the meantime right and at least if i know my levels it takes the guess work out of it not to mention makes it a lot safer

(27-06-2014, 05:42 PM)bobie Wrote:  Well clara its not really proper monitoring until im under the care of an endo since i am still self medicating but its the next best thing in the meantime right and at least if i know my levels it takes the guess work out of it not to mention makes it a lot safer

Amen to that, Bobie. There's a health risk in letting your hormones get too far out of whack.

Clara Smile

Well test results back, all fine, dont think they did test oestrogen as cannot see it on there but will speak to gp about that tomorrow, not sure what my serum t level was like before but its still pretty damn high at 17.3 nmol/l which is about mid range for a male with the normal range being 9–38 nmol/L, the normal range for women is 0.52–2.4 nmol/L so a little disappointed my t wasnt lower

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon