Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Makeup mirrors

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lighted makeup mirror? Any I should steer clear of?

Clara Smile

I have been thinking about getting one of these too. Smile

Well I didnt get mine lighted, my bathroom is plenty bright and they aint cheapTongue

I did pick up a non lighted one not long ago though, I do love it, this is what I gotCool

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/pr...1014800417

No more leaning over the bathroom sink to try to see what Im doing and it swings out of the way when Im not using it... You might not like the way your wrinkles look on the magnified side though!!!!RolleyesBlush

You can get this style lighted too in different finishes to match your bathroom fixturesCool

I was thinking that a 1x and 5x magnification would be sufficient. How important is the size of the mirror?

Clara

I donnoHuh Mine is 8" round and its perfect for meSmile SO much easier to pluck eyebrows, do eyes and lips and you can really see any stray hairs on nose/ears ect... I never even bother with the magnified mirror though....

So you don't use the 8x mirror? Interesting. I suppose it would just magnify all the imperfections on my face....I might scare myself! LOL.

I'd like to be able to take it to Atlanta this fall, so I'm leaning toward a desktop model. I guess the lighted ones try to reproduce full spectrum daylight so that you can get the colors right.

I'm probably making too much of this as usual...Rolleyes

Clara Smile

I made the decision to buy the OttLite 1x and 5x 26-watt lighted makeup mirror. It should provide adequate light in the daylight spectrum, and the price was affordable ($55 at Amazon). I like that the 2 bulbs are replaceable. It's not as portable as others, size-wise, and it has to be plugged in, but that shouldn't be a problem for me since I plan to drive to Atlanta. I'll offer to share it with my DW. She'll probably end up using it more than I do, and I'll have to get another...lol

[Image: 320_3_.jpg]

Clara Smile

Clara please let me know how you get on with it, about 6 months ago i bought an unlit mirror which i really like but find i then have to use a lamp near it as the lighting in the bedroom sucks so could really do with an illuminated mirror myself

(15-06-2014, 10:42 PM)bobie Wrote:  Clara please let me know how you get on with it, about 6 months ago i bought an unlit mirror which i really like but find i then have to use a lamp near it as the lighting in the bedroom sucks so could really do with an illuminated mirror myself

Yes, I'll report back after I get some use out of it. Clara

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon