Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Brazilian wax, yay or nay?

I've shaven my lips bare since I was about 19 years old when my long-time boyfriend (turned ex husband) and I talked about it and he said he preferred it all shaven clean with a little "landing strip" on top. Anyways, I've actually (strangely) had this conversation with many friends, guys and girls, and no it wasn't always me bringing it up. Lol. And the consensus was that you are right, most men prefer no hair on the lips (or anywhere) and just a landing strip on top, if anything. And that the strip is about half an inch wide and about an inch or more long with the hairs trimmed (to like 1/4 of an inch). Yeah, I know, I got detailed explinations. Lol. Some like it completely bare. And yes, some men like hairy. Everyone is different. I prefer the strip personally.

As far as "more hygienic" goes, I think that was mostly back in the day when people didn't shower every day and some women believed that cleaning the outside or inner lips of your muffin was bad and it should self clean. Yikes! I personally stay on top of my muffin health (like not eat 10 tomatoes in one day, no douching, properly wash it, shave it, go for yearly check ups, take probiotics, eat lots of fruit) and since I was 19 and went bare, I've only had one YI and that was caused by some powerful antibiotics I was given for bronchitis.

Also, you can always just laser everything else, like the bikini area and just some of the top and sides of the top part. That way you can just use a razor & shave the lips and make a landing strip whenever you want, or grow it back out whenever you want.

Ok, here's one person's input. Wink

Similarly to the comments above about guys with Brazilians, guys aren't all going to agree, either. Wink

Having said that, there are indeed some guys that have a strong preference about this; but, in my experience, most guys do have a preference, but it's usually pretty mild. Anything you feel comfortable with will more than likely be fine. Smile

So, given that, I'd recommend you only do as much as you're comfortable with now. (And, if you want to do more later, you always can, right? Smile )

Potential TMI below Wink

For what it's worth, I've had several full Brazilian waxes. I liked the results; my DW (yes, I'm married Wink ) seemed to be indifferent; so I haven't had one for quite a while. Otoh, she made it very clear she would never feel comfortable having one herself.

I shave everything and I've gotten several Brazilian waxes. I loooove the waxes but I can't stand letting it grow. For some reason I don't really grow pubes so even when I tried a "style" it looked sparse and weird.

Underwear does now what pubes used to do, so it ain't no thang.

My hubs trims. I don't like completely bare on guys. Just my personal preference.

I typically wax or epliate everything below my eye brows... lol. Not a big fan of body hair.... in the summer when my wife makes me pass as a male in male shorts I do fuzz up a little....

On her, I like her nicely trimmed but, usually, not bare. (The worst is stubbly!) Sometimes completely bare is fun for a surprise but it looks a bit too girly, and not enough womanly, for me.

On me, I trim but then shave my unit and his friends as that seems to get me more oral attention.

Yarrr!

Thank you all for your input, you've all been a great help. It seems everyone has a different preference so it's better to just do what the person is most comfortable with.

I prefer my wife clean shaven. She has talked about getting waxed down there but that's as far as she has gotten. She was reluctant at first but tried it for me and liked it. As for her she seems to like the surprise of me shaving. Usually I just keep it trimmed because regrowth from shaving for me is a problem.

I recently got fed up with the hassle of shaving, and the fact that my skin is very very sensitive so I'd get the irritation and awful red bumps. I made the leap, and had my first Brazilian laser session and am ah-mazed. I can't wait for my second session (in two weeks)!

But it is a matter of what u are comfortable with. If u like some hair, do that. If not, go bare. It's your body!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon