Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Horse chestnut

(25-06-2014, 11:18 AM)AnnieBL Wrote:  One more thing. The discoloration only disappears very slowly if at all.Sad Its prominence does vary somewhat day to day but it's still very much there. It used to be said that one's body renews itself completely every seven years (probably myth) and I hoped that the staining would eventually fade away, but no such luck, although the occasional re-appearance of edema may have something to do with this. I do believe that an effective diuretic is needed, and a once a day dose of the short-acting HCTZ may not be adequate. It has been said that doctors tend to over-rate the effectiveness of HCTZ because the usually see their patients in the few hours before its effectiveness has worn off. Also, when I was tried out on gabapentin recently to see whether it would help with my peripheral neuropathy, it did nothing for that but brought back the edema with a vengeance and even some liquid filled blisters, and temporarily pushed my weight up by 10 lbs. I'm only just back to normal after that episode!Dodgy

Annie, your health problems seem to make your GD insignificant in comparison, my heart goes out to you.

(24-06-2014, 01:04 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Yes, Horse Chestnut helps to repair damaged (leaky) veins. As I've written previously, HC + a diuretic (for me it was Spiro) completely eliminated water retention in my feet and ankles. I'm hoping that what discoloration has occurred with fade away in time, too. Good luck, Michelle.

Clara Smile

Clara, does this apply to Schaumberg Disease? I'd love to clear mine up if possible.

(25-06-2014, 04:36 PM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  
(24-06-2014, 01:04 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Yes, Horse Chestnut helps to repair damaged (leaky) veins. As I've written previously, HC + a diuretic (for me it was Spiro) completely eliminated water retention in my feet and ankles. I'm hoping that what discoloration has occurred with fade away in time, too. Good luck, Michelle.

Clara Smile

Clara, does this apply to Schaumberg Disease? I'd love to clear mine up if possible.

I can't say for sure, but based on the cause of Schaumberg Disease, i.e. leaky capillaries near the skin, I think it's worth giving it a try.

Clara Smile

(25-06-2014, 05:15 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(25-06-2014, 04:36 PM)ErinMichelle Wrote:  

Clara Smile

I can't say for sure, but based on the cause of Schaumberg Disease, i.e. leaky capillaries near the skin, I think it's worth giving it a try.

Clara Smile

thanks Clara

Clara, Janet, it seems to me that I may have given an unintentionally dismal view of my health issues. In reality I have really been extraordinarily fortunate that none of these has seriously restricted my ability to do the things that I want to do, and that if anything my heart seems to be in better shape now than it was 15 years ago. What does dismay me is that too many of these issues have been due to medical mistakes, or side effects of which I was given no prior warning, or procedures to which my consent seems in retrospect to have not been informed consent. I have always been mystified by the reverence that so many people have towards professionals, as if the certificate hanging on their wall gives them abilities not to be found in lesser mortals. As a professional myself, I was always acutely aware of not only my own shortcomings but also those of my colleagues, and often those of other professionals with whom I needed to interact. After all it is an inescapable fact that in each aspect of their practice, 50% of any profession will perform below average. The real difficulty is being able to access professionals who can provide superior performance in those aspects of their practice that are relevant to one's needs.

ErinMichelle, Schaumbergs sounds pretty similar to the condition of the stained portions of my legs and feet. If so, HC should help stop further damage, although it won't fix the damage already done.

Annie, without good health, the quality of life really suffers. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well now.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon