Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormones and fertility (ovaries, FSH, mint, clover, ZEN, etc)

This http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24984155 abstract says red clover crop given for one year didn't lower fertility for ewes. Progesterone was lower, and uterus weighed more for ewes fed clover.

"In conclusion, the fecundity of the ewes was not reduced by red clover feed with high phyto-oestrogen concentrations. The volume of foetal fluids increased that could increase the risk for vaginal prolapse before the term."

I just read this thread for the first time, can anybody perhaps update me if PM is also a herb messing with LH and FSH?
And what about fennel and fenugreek?

Pueraria seems to affect LH or FSH. Likely either Progesterone or Prolactin.
This is based on its affects, that it causes a contradiction, but not on any certain studies. It's not certain, but it's effects are similar to raising LH or FSH, and Prolactin or Progesterone.

Fennel and fenugreek either raise or act like Prolactin or Progesterone.

(29-07-2016, 04:46 PM)Dynseli Wrote:  Pueraria seems to affect LH or FSH. Likely either Progesterone or Prolactin.
This is based on its affects, that it causes a contradiction, but not on any certain studies. It's not certain, but it's effects are similar to raising LH or FSH, and Prolactin or Progesterone.

Fennel and fenugreek either raise or act like Prolactin or Progesterone.

Thanks D, so can we conclude from this that prolongued usage of pm can bring one in risk for early meno and fertility problems?

After you answer Hannah any thoughts on what happens when you raise prolactin? Like what happens to estrogen if prolactin is raised?

It appears that Pueraria's effects are the opposite of too much progesterone. The risk would be if there were no menstrual cycles for a long period of time. It is as if Pueraria's stronger effects are LH or FSH than Prolactin or Progesterone, just based on what it does to your period alone.

Raising prolactin lowers LH, which should as a secondary result lower estrogen.

(24-06-2014, 02:39 PM)Dynseli Wrote:  Before I posted about the worry taking too many FSH stimulating hormones and its possible effects on ovaries' reserves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follicle-s...FSH_levels mentions that high amounts of FSH can cause premature menopause, and poor ovarian reserve. Abnormally low levels of FSH can also cause problems. It doesn't have citations behind the statements. Feel free to mention supporting evidence.

Spearmint:
Spearmint raises FSH. (reposted link) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...objectonly For this reason, if using mints, don't overdo.

Just curious why this is bad for NBE. I don't have any ovaries btw Wink

Also, I noticed you put kudzu in your ebook, but "Kudzu" is normally sold as Pueraria Lobata rather than Pueraria Mirifica.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon