Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Upper body strength

This thread could go in multiple forums, but I'll put it here since those most affected by the loss of muscular strength are probably using synthetics.

It's becoming very obvious to me that I'm losing a lot of upper body strength lately. I'm noticing all kinds of things that I'm having difficulty doing that never used to be a problem. It can be seen also in pictures that I've posted of myself on the Fashion Show thread. I recall in the beginning finding it hard to strike a pose that de-emphasized my man-like shoulders and upper arms. I'm also finding it much easier to fit into women's tops. I used to always have to opt for size 14 or 16 whereas now I can wear a size 12.

Am I happy about this? Well, yes, in general. Feminization has been my objective, after all. But, there is a certain sense of loss, too, that's sometimes hard to brush off. I still have a male gender identity which has had to make room for my inner woman. Sometimes begrudgingly.

I'm going to have to start doing strength exercises to counter the effects of estrogen. Not with the goal of bulking back up, but just to make the best of the muscle that is going to be left when all is said and done.

It's just another compromise that we TGs have to make.

I'm wondering how others feel about losing muscular strength. Has a sense of vulnerability set in yet? It sure hit me the other night when I was walking alone out to the hotel parking lot at midnight in heels and a skirt. It's a feeling I don't think I've ever experienced before. I will try to avoid that in the future.

Yesterday, Missed Miss started a thread highlighting a funny YouTube video about and guy and girl swapping bodies. In a small way, I've experienced the effect myself in real life! There are more surprises like that in store, I'm sure.

Clara

Yikes! I'm glad nothing happened when you were crossing that parking lot! That's a perfect example of being surprised by a situation you hadn't given much thought to previously. Sad

Hi Clara I can certainly relate but I LOVE itTongue

Only problem is even clothes I bought just 2 months ago no longer fit Angry

You think walking in a dark parking lot is scary??? Try dating men as womanTongue

You really should consider Concealed Carry.... I was a damn good "marksman", I havent lost any of that skill thankfully Big Grin

I have lost a lot of mass in my upper body. My lareal muscles went first (who cares...goo thing), then my shoulders began to shrink. My fore arms became thinner. And now finally, my biceps are beginning to shrink.
But for me, this is 100% good. I am ecstatic about these changes. The only exercise I do, when I do it...tee hee...is to work my abdominal area and my butt. I carefully avoid anything that might strengthen upper body or arms.
As to night time and vulnerability, I have yet to feel fear. Perhaps I should, but I have never liked that word..."should"...lol. Then again, I have never read directions or followed the rules either. Probably get me killed one day...lol

Even without synthetics, at least for the last two years, I have lost a great deal of muscle, to an extent probably similar to Clara and Sammie. I think that very low T for an extended period is probably the reason, regardless of how that is achieved. I too love it but occasionally find I can no longer do things that used to present no difficulty.

As to night time and vulnerability, I've always had a tendency to be nervous in what I perceive as dubious areas but have reckoned, probably wishful thinking, that sheer height and size makes one a somewhat less attractive target. As to Eva Marie's comment, I was brought up with a European attitude towards American gun culture, but then I say to myself that the one and only sport I was good at in school in my teens was target shooting and I have marksman's certificates for three different weapons, including the Bren gun but I never had the opportunity to use the very few available hand guns, so maybe my attitude is hypocritical.Huh

Wow, Annie, a Bren? I am very impressed! Would love to see and hold that sometime. When I was growing up in Oz I served briefly in an Air Cadet group and we spent time with Lee Enfield rifles, but the Bren is legendary.

I love girls packing heat! Tongue

Clara Big Grin

Even though i am relatively new to this i have noticed a loss in strength, i work construction so its become very obvious to me and i have had to make adjustments, since i actually hate getting dusty and dirty though im looking forward to a career change when i finish my current job, since muscle growth requires dht those of us that block dht probably dont have to worry too much about gently working out to retain muscle (well assuming you want to)

I know what you mean I feel the same way I can't lift heavy weight also my shoulders are shrinking. I was wondering about more flexibility in the hip area.
does any feel control over that area more. Or what flexibility of the body any change in diffrent movements. I would like to hear what every one thinks on that topic.

Hi Connie, good to hear from you. I would say that my flexibility has increased. I attribute it partly to PM which I have resumed taking at a low dose each day. PM had the effect of keeping my joints from stiffening up overnight. Before starting on PM it would take me 30 minutes of activity in the morning to get back free joint movement. Also, having lost muscle in my arms, shoulders, etc. I find it easier to bend my body, for example, to reach a zipper on the back of a dress....giggle. I think being more flexible has always been an advantage that women have over men. Maybe it's an estrogen thing.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon