Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Gradual removal of chest hair

Any suggestions for how to slowly make my chest hair go away? I don't want to do an "overnight" method but rather try to slowly make it go away.

(08-07-2014, 12:31 PM)TabithaJones Wrote:  Any suggestions for how to slowly make my chest hair go away? I don't want to do an "overnight" method but rather try to slowly make it go away.

Your NBE regimen (assuming it includes an anti androgen) will probably slow it down considerably along with other "masculine" hair such as legs, back and face. When I started taking Finpecia for male pattern baldness, it really slowed it down. Epilators have also been reported to thin and refine the hair growth if you can tolerate the discomfort.

Putting an end to DHT in your body is a good place to start, although that is easier said than done for some of us (like me).

Red Reishi and Green tea lower DHT. both shout be good against body hair. I posted the links several times on anti-androgen and hair reduction threads on this website.

I saw a website that said rubbing tumeric reduces unwanted hair. The tumeric one is hearsay, not an official source, but a quick internet search will find that.

If you have the funds and the pain tolerance, I suggest lasering off your chest hair. Provided you have compatible hair and skin color, lasering is likely to have noticeable results over a number of months.

(09-07-2014, 01:16 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  If you have the funds and the pain tolerance, I suggest lasering off your chest hair. Provided you have compatible hair and skin color, lasering is likely to have noticeable results over a number of months.

I had a moderately hairy chest and about six or seven years ago began using a Braun Silk-épil epilator on it. Within a few years my chest became virtually hair free, with only the odd, now very fine hair emerging every few weeks.

(11-07-2014, 05:11 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  
(09-07-2014, 01:16 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  If you have the funds and the pain tolerance, I suggest lasering off your chest hair. Provided you have compatible hair and skin color, lasering is likely to have noticeable results over a number of months.

I had a moderately hairy chest and about six or seven years ago began using a Braun Silk-épil epilator on it. Within a few years my chest became virtually hair free, with only the odd, now very fine hair emerging ever few weeks.

I can second the Braun Silk-épil epilator, whilst not as good or as quick as going for a commercial laser job, it does seem to slow the hair down.

(11-07-2014, 10:23 AM)Janet doe Wrote:  
(11-07-2014, 05:11 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  

I had a moderately hairy chest and about six or seven years ago began using a Braun Silk-épil epilator on it. Within a few years my chest became virtually hair free, with only the odd, now very fine hair emerging ever few weeks.

I can second the Braun Silk-épil epilator, whilst not as good or as quick as going for a commercial laser job, it does seem to slow the hair down.

After about 15 years of using the Braun on my pubes, they are now 95% permanently hairless. Over time one gradually pulls out the roots. I can go weeks without maintenance now and still look smooth.

(11-07-2014, 03:50 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  After about 15 years of using the Braun on my pubes, they are now 95% permanently hairless. Over time one gradually pulls out the roots. I can go weeks without maintenance now and still look smooth.

I can't wait 15 years to get rid of my body hair, MW. I'll probably be dead by then...LOL. I've been epilating my chest for 9 months now and still the hair grows back, although it is finer than before and not as thick. Many of the hairs that grow back are colorless, too, so epilating does help. I'm counting on reducing my DHT level down to near zero to really get the results I want.

Clara

(11-07-2014, 04:31 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  
(11-07-2014, 03:50 PM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  After about 15 years of using the Braun on my pubes, they are now 95% permanently hairless. Over time one gradually pulls out the roots. I can go weeks without maintenance now and still look smooth.

I can't wait 15 years to get rid of my body hair, MW. I'll probably be dead by then...LOL. I've been epilating my chest for 9 months now and still the hair grows back, although it is finer than before and not as thick. Many of the hairs that grow back are colorless, too, so epilating does help. I'm counting on reducing my DHT level down to near zero to really get the results I want.

Clara

I can understand your impatience, CK! i got a head start thirty years ago when I started tweezing my pubes. It was time consuming, but over time I came to enjoy this grooming process. I had probably lost about 1/3 of my pubic hair when I started using an epilator. But then it was several years after that that I started epilating my chest. Nevertheless, after an epilating job I am normally hair free for 10-14 days. Does that not work in your case?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon