Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hm.....

http://www1.umn.edu/news/features/2011/U...46326.html

Interesting article. Information such as this may be useful with eroding the notion of an immutable wall between the two sexes. However, it doesn't sound like a change in genes would bring about a second puberty though:

Quote:If, say, an environmental toxin should disable the gene in an adult man, the research predicts that cells of the testes would become more female, but outward appearances wouldn't change.

I wonder though if progress is made in this field of study, social and political outcry would block further advancements, much like with stem cell research?

(13-07-2014, 02:44 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Interesting article. Information such as this may be useful with eroding the notion of an immutable wall between the two sexes. However, it doesn't sound like a change in genes would bring about a second puberty though:

Quote:If, say, an environmental toxin should disable the gene in an adult man, the research predicts that cells of the testes would become more female, but outward appearances wouldn't change.

I wonder though if progress is made in this field of study, social and political outcry would block further advancements, much like with stem cell research?

who knows, only time would answer that.

one other point with this is it has the potential to at the very least eliminate the need for conventional HRT

Hmmm, indeed!!
For a moment, there, I was thinking they were saying that if you change the one thing, you could actually change your sex, too!! Sad. No such luck. :-(
Oh, to be zerophiliac!!

(13-07-2014, 10:52 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Hmmm, indeed!!
For a moment, there, I was thinking they were saying that if you change the one thing, you could actually change your sex, too!! Sad. No such luck. :-(
Oh, to be zerophiliac!!

depending on what can be found/achieved in genetics, that just might be possible one day.

heck certain fish & frogs can do it.

(14-07-2014, 12:28 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(13-07-2014, 10:52 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Hmmm, indeed!!
Oh, to be zerophiliac!!

depending on what can be found/achieved in genetics, that just might be possible one day.

heck certain fish & frogs can do it.
Yeah, I know! Lucky bastards!! Tomorrow isn't soon enough!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon