Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Informed consent

When I start my pharma HRT next month at Chicago's Howard Brown Health Center, I will be required to sign an informed consent document. I've included a link to an example of one used by another clinic. Having read it, I see that most, if not all, of the possible consequences of pursuing MTF HRT are also true for pursuing NBE using estrogenic herbs like Pueraria Mirifica.

New members would be well advised to read this:

Informed Consent for Estrogen Therapy for Male to Female Transition

Clara Smile

A good read, Clara, thanks!

[undefined=undefined]I've been informed that, if I take too much estrogen, my body may convert it into testosterone. This may slow or stop the desired effects of the hormone.[/undefined]

This is biologically impossible from my understanding... Otherwise an interesting read, my doc didn't require me to sign anything at all...

(14-07-2014, 07:25 PM)EvaMarie Wrote:  my doc didn't require me to sign anything at all...

My understanding is that normally, a medical facility will not prescribe HRT drugs for a trans patient without a letter from the patient's gender therapist. Some will if state law provides for informed consent. I think it has to do with medical malpractice risk. I'm not sure what the situation is in SD.
Clara

My doc prescribed E on the first vist, and with no letter. Later, around the third visit, he offhandedly mentioned that though it was no big deal either way, it might be cool if my therapist would send one along.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon