Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

will my vagina be just like a "real" women's?

With my start of nbe and hormones jyst 3 weeks away I find myself thinking of the future and the inevitable g.r.s . So discussing things with my friend she asked me if when aroused I would get "wet". And I honestly have no clue. Most of the research ive done speaks of sensitivity and the likeness of a woman's vagina but as far as the plubming all I know is tht it can piss. So here are my questions which id like u my more experienced and informed sisters of the struggle to answer.

When aroused will my vagina moisten like a bio woman's?

When stimulated properly would I cum?

Would I need to douche or would it be self cleaning?

What besides having a period or bareing children will I not be able to not do or do tht a bio female be able to do?

Hugs and kisses in advance my sisters.

Susan's Place might help you:

http://www.susans.org/

And also this:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=103759.0

Well, Karina, I don't have a vagina, natural or constructed, but I've read about GRS and what is likely.

The vagina is constructed from the outer skin of the penis with the glans located deep inside. Part of the glans is used to create a clitoris, as well. The depth of the vagina is therefore limited by the length of your penis. The labia are fashioned from scrotal tissue, which in some cases secretes fluid which moistens the outer portions of the vagina. Better figure on using lube though for sexual intercourse.

Some (I think about half) transwomen are able to orgasm after GRS. Some never do. Since the prostate is left intact, it will serve as an important G spot for a post-op transwoman. If by "cum" you mean have the muscle spasms of a male orgasm, I don't know. That's a good question.

Yes, you have to take care to keep your new vagina clean and free of infection. You also have to regularly dilate your vagina (weekly) or it will eventually close up.

Your vagina will look on the outside like a natal female's, you'll pee like a regular woman, and you should have annual checkups like a woman.

Pretty cool! Cool

Clara

(25-07-2014, 02:15 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Well, Karina, I don't have a vagina, natural or constructed, but I've read about GRS and what is likely.

The vagina is constructed from the outer skin of the penis with the glans located deep inside. Part of the glans is used to create a clitoris, as well. The depth of the vagina is therefore limited by the length of your penis. The labia are fashioned from scrotal tissue, which in some cases secretes fluid which moistens the outer portions of the vagina. Better figure on using lube though for sexual intercourse.

Some (I think about half) transwomen are able to orgasm after GRS. Some never do. Since the prostate is left intact, it will serve as an important G spot for a post-op transwoman. If by "cum" you mean have the muscle spasms of a male orgasm, I don't know. That's a good question.

Yes, you have to take care to keep your new vagina clean and free of infection. You also have to regularly dilate your vagina (weekly) or it will eventually close up.

Your vagina will look on the outside like a natal female's, you'll pee like a regular woman, and you should have annual checkups like a woman.

Pretty cool! Cool

Clara

Thanks clara this helped me lots Smile

(25-07-2014, 06:09 AM)sexy_lexi Wrote:  With my start of nbe and hormones jyst 3 weeks away I find myself thinking of the future and the inevitable g.r.s .

What besides having a period or bareing children will I not be able to not do or do tht a bio female be able to do?

First, nothing is inevitable. That comes across like you're jumping from a plane and it's as normal a step as pulling your rip cord. Plenty of trans folk opt for no surgery at all, for a myriad of reasons.

I hate to be a rainer-on of parades, but since no one else has yet pointed it out, I'll do so in the spirit of full disclosure.

You sound like you're in the throes of fantasy. You're imagining yourself with real girl parts, being a real girl... and it's apparently all about, or mostly about, sex. Does it turn you on thinking about it? Make you hard?

Guess what happens when that can't float your boat any more.

The stone-cold hard reality is that no amount of surgery can turn you into a woman. You can be cosmetically rearranged, but that's it. It doesn't magically make you into something you're not.

It's exactly as if you were a white person and wanted to become black, or vice versa; pick your analogy... and there were a skin treatment you could get. You could be a facsimile, but you wouldn't *be* a black person, and you know it.

The professionals who make their living in this field -- the therapists, the doctors, the plastic surgeons -- have invested in creating the narrative that you are on a path with only one ending. They've convinced you that their narrative is the one that leads to a happy ending.

I'll tell you one thing for certain: they'll have your money. Their happiness is guaranteed. Yours isn't.

We know two things: there's about a 50% "buyer's remorse" rate for GRS. And transexuals still get depressed and commit suicide at the same rate post-op as pre-op. There isn't anything wrong with your life that GRS will fix. Get non-gender related counseling if you don't believe me on that.

Don't go and do something stupid because of a pretty fantasy and some clever marketing. Marketing is just what it is, too: buying x brand of auto insurance doesn't make you hip, drinking x brand of beer doesn't make you sexy, and having plastic surgery does not make you a woman. Buying that insurance makes you covered, drinking that beer makes you drunk, and getting that surgery makes you a man with no twig & berries.

Think long and hard about the difference between marketing and reality.

(10-08-2014, 09:17 PM)MissC Wrote:  
(25-07-2014, 06:09 AM)sexy_lexi Wrote:  With my start of nbe and hormones jyst 3 weeks away I find myself thinking of the future and the inevitable g.r.s .

First, nothing is inevitable. That comes across like you're jumping from a plane and it's as normal a step as pulling your rip cord. Plenty of trans folk opt for no surgery at all, for a myriad of reasons.

I hate to be a rainer-on of parades, but since no one else has yet pointed it out, I'll do so in the spirit of full disclosure.

You sound like you're in the throes of fantasy. You're imagining yourself with real girl parts, being a real girl... and it's apparently all about, or mostly about, sex. Does it turn you on thinking about it? Make you hard?

The stone-cold hard reality is that no amount of surgery can turn you into a woman. You can be cosmetically rearranged, but that's it. It doesn't magically make you into something you're not.

It's exactly as if you were a white person and wanted to become black, or vice versa; pick your analogy... and there were a skin treatment you could get. You could be a facsimile, but you wouldn't *be* a black person, and you know it.

The professionals who make their living in this field -- the therapists, the doctors, the plastic surgeons -- have invested in creating the narrative that you are on a path with only one ending. They've convinced you that their narrative is the one that leads to a happy ending.

I'll tell you one thing for certain: they'll have your money. Their happiness is guaranteed. Yours isn't.

We know two things: there's about a 50% "buyer's remorse" rate for GRS. And transexuals still get depressed and commit suicide at the same rate post-op as pre-op. There isn't anything wrong with your life that GRS will fix. Get non-gender related counseling if you don't believe me on that.

Don't go and do something stupid because of a pretty fantasy and some clever marketing. Marketing is just what it is, too: buying x brand of auto insurance doesn't make you hip, drinking x brand of beer doesn't make you sexy, and having plastic surgery does not make you a woman. Buying that insurance makes you covered, drinking that beer makes you drunk, and getting that surgery makes you a man with no twig & berries.

Think long and hard about the difference between marketing and reality.
Wow MissC, now that's what I call 'plain speaking' I hope Karina appreciates your view as it is intended.

Hugs
Heather

Heather, I'm not sure if you're response to MissC was serious or sarcastic. Hopefully, the latter, because I don't think that response was at all helpful.

(10-08-2014, 09:17 PM)MissC Wrote:  We know two things: there's about a 50% "buyer's remorse" rate for GRS.

No way. A recently published paper by by Cecilia Dhejne, MD at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm shows that the regret rate for those having genital reconstruction surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%.

I would suggest that people read an alternative view: The Transadvocate: Clinging to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh’s selective reading of transgender medical literature

I highlight this paragraph from the referenced source:

".......research seems to actually indicate that medical transition (including hormone therapy) has positive effects on the psychological states of trans people. A study published earlier this year found significant reductions in all comorbid anxiety and depression, as well as lowered overall functional impairment in trans individuals just 12 months after initiating hormone therapy. A study released in late 2013 showed that individuals on hormone therapy have both lower-levels of self-reported stress and lower blood cortisol levels (a key physiological marker of stress). Given the known effects of stress on physical health, this could also translate to risk reduction for a number of chronic illnesses. Even breast augmentation, often maligned as a particularly “cosmetic” intervention, demonstrated significant increases in sexual and psychosocial well-being. Other studies in 2009 and 2011 have shown similarly positive responses in both trans men and trans women who underwent gender-confirming surgeries"

Here is the real problem:

"According to the National Transgender Discrimination Survey, 78% of trans students had experienced harassment at school, 90% of trans people have experienced harassment in the workplace, 26% had a lost a job due to being trans (which, in-turn, leads to a 4-fold increase in risk of homelessness), 19% had experienced housing discrimination, 19% had been refused health-care, 22% had been harassed by law enforcement. Overall, 63% of trans people had experienced a serious form of discrimination, while 23% had experienced what the NTDS categorized as “catastrophic” levels of discrimination. It can come as little surprise that people struggling with a serious condition of body integrity who are then simultaneously subjected to massive structural discrimination with little in the way access to the usual safety nets would be so likely to attempt to take their own lives. These are not individuals for whom transition-related treatment has failed; these are individuals that our society and social justice systems have failed."

Clara Dodgy

(10-08-2014, 09:17 PM)MissC Wrote:  

I agree with this part. The reality of the situation is never going to be as glamorous as the fantasy version of it seems. Good luck to you, but if the desire for GRS is based mostly upon sex, then you may end up regretting it. Or not....everyone is different. If you're still into the idea after a year of RLE, then by all means go for it. It's your life. I want one too, but its more about disgust for my existing genitals than anything sexual. Big Grin

As for the stuff about marketing...eh, I can see the point, but I think you're overstating it. The idea that you'll never be complete without GRS is definitely pushed within trans circles, but it's not like we're bombarded with neovagina ads. (Which would actually be kind of entertaining)

Also, you really do not seem to hate raining on anyone's parade, at any given opportunity MissC. That's actually kind of your thing! Tongue

I don't see anything particularly unusual about a transgender dreaming about the day she will have a vagina. Hell, who on this board doesn't dream about having female breasts someday? Nobody is going to get all the way to GRS if they're not trans. That 0.3% who experience regret probably had unreasonable expectations or botched surgery, not regret over losing her penis.

Clara

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon