Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Kids

Does anyone have any suggestions to talking to your children about GD. I have 3 children an 11 year old with autism, a 9 year old today, and a 4 year old. If anyone has any help they could loan my it will be greatly appreciated.

(04-08-2014, 05:57 PM)andrea23 Wrote:  Does anyone have any suggestions to talking to your children about GD. I have 3 children an 11 year old with autism, a 9 year old today, and a 4 year old. If anyone has any help they could loan my it will be greatly appreciated.

Hello Andrea.

I don't have children but I would like to contribute my 2 cents if you don't mind.

Do you intend to talk about GD on a general or personal basis? If it's the latter, how far do you plan to go with resolving your GD? If you intend to still mostly present yourself as male, I wouldn't think it's necessarily to tell them about your struggle with GD. I don't think it's automatically bad if parents or children withhold personal information from the other party. To this day, there are issues I haven't shared with my mom (besides NBE) in large part because I think it wouldn't do me any good and it would probably hurt her more than help her.

What do you hope to gain by talking about GD with your kids? Do you want them to understand you more? Or is it more about helping them become more open-minded about others and the world? Do you suspect one or more of your kids are also suffering from GD?

Lastly, are you thinking about talking to them now about GD? Or are you thinking about when they're teenagers or even when they're living on their own?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon