Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

RIP - Mrs Doubtfire

So Sad.

Depression is something most of us have battled with all our lives, for various reasons. Its heartbreaking to see that somebody with enough energy to make us all laugh can be taken so low to succumb to the dark places that depression takes us.

Rip Robin, we will miss you.

(12-08-2014, 12:15 PM)Janet doe Wrote:  So Sad.

Depression is something most of us have battled with all our lives, for various reasons. Its heartbreaking to see that somebody with enough energy to make us all laugh can be taken so low to succumb to the dark places that depression takes us.

Rip Robin, we will miss you.

Janet, so powerful and beautifully said. I have been watching various tributes to Robin Williams this morning and conclude ' what a sad loss' at still an early age.

I too loved Mrs Doubtfire and find it hard to separate the accolades in my mind for JUMANJI another film I found spell binding.

Yes RIP Robin.

Love

Heather X

As funny as he was in so many things, I think I liked him best in Good Will Hunting. That film still gets to me on so many levels. His performance was wonderful in a filmthat was, for me, absolutely amazing.

More than Mrs Doubtfire, I'll remember him for "Dead Poets Society" which is all about 'breaking out of boxes' in an environment akin to some of my own experience.

Robin Williams

I'm sorry that you felt that you could no longer continue the fight. I understand. Be at peace and rest now with the knowledge that you'll be remembered.

Nanu-Nanu! My friend.

A fan.

Robin Williams was brilliant in Bicentennial Man which is one of my all time favourite films. I have 5 copies. lol

F*#$! I hate depression. I'm upset because I have depression and don't know from day to day how I'll be. My psychologist now thinks I'm bipolar. Things affect me. I'm a huge Robin Williams fan and I'm upset he's died. But what really F*#$ing sucks ass that depression is the reason!

Denita

i will remember him best from what dreams may come

he was both talented and enlightening, able to convey truth through humor.

i was both shocked and saddened by the loss of his sparkling personality. he will be missed. may God take mercy upon him.

(12-08-2014, 10:35 PM)Denita Wrote:  Robin Williams

I'm sorry that you felt that you could no longer continue the fight. I understand. Be at peace and rest now with the knowledge that you'll be remembered.

Nanu-Nanu! My friend.

A fan.

Robin Williams was brilliant in Bicentennial Man which is one of my all time favourite films. I have 5 copies. lol

F*#$! I hate depression. I'm upset because I have depression and don't know from day to day how I'll be. My psychologist now thinks I'm bipolar. Things affect me. I'm a huge Robin Williams fan and I'm upset he's died. But what really F*#$ing sucks ass that depression is the reason!

Denita
Denita,
you are clearly a deep and loving person, I was unaware that you had your own demons to battle with which makes you even more of a special person in my eyes.
God Bless you dear sister.
I share your views re Robin, we will also miss his 'voice overs' just as much.

Hugs
Heather

(12-08-2014, 10:35 PM)Denita Wrote:  Robin Williams

Nanu-Nanu! My friend.

A fan.

Denita

depression is no laughing matter. i hear u. i take 5000 i.u. of vitamin d daily to combat my depression. takes up to a month for it to make a difference

I just read an item from April last night that said they were making a sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire. I wonder if he got it all shot?
Personally, I think it's a bit fishy. All we knew last night was that he suffocated, but they couldn't explain how!! There's NO way that I can think of that you can suffocate yourself and NOT leave a clue as to how you did it!! NOW they're saying he hung himself with a belt and that there were cut marks on his wrists possibly made by a pocket knife found nearby. What's the reason they couldn't see the belt around his neck last night??
"We know he suffocated, but we don't know how." How could you NOT know, unless it was completely accidental, like, maybe he was swallowing something and it choked him to death??
Recent investigations into Jimi Hendrix's death are saying someone forced vast amounts of wine down his throat and it drowned him and they made it LOOK like an accidental OD. Maybe, someday, we'll find out that Robin didn't do this to himself.
I mean, I understand about depression, been there, done that, and it IS possible he DID do it, but, like I said, it's just fishy that it took them an entire day to figure out he used a belt.
R.I.P., Robin!! You WILL be missed!!!! My sister woke up in the middle of the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep, so she went downstairs to put the telly on and saw that Robin was dead and has been just utterly devastated ever since!!
Although he wasn't the huge influence on me and some of my close friends that Captain Beefheart was, it still feels like when Beefheart died 2 years ago: like we just lost another member of the family.
I was thinking about Robin at work this morning and, for some reason, I started getting a bit queasy and almost felt like throwing up.
On one hand, he's the funniest man in the world, and I loved his SUPER quick wit and zany sense of humour, on the other, as much as I loved his comedy, I just never felt much like watching him in the past 20 years, but, now, maybe I'll try to put together a collection of all of his movies, I've only ever seen maybe 4 or 5 of them, and spend a few weeks or so watching them. Maybe I'll try to collect all of the Mork & Mindy episodes and sit through all of them, too. I LOVED the show when it was first on, but, for some reason, faded away from it after 2 years.
Also, I just feel like, if I had just talked to him, he'd still be alive today. I KNOW I'm not any kind of shrink, but, sometimes I have a way with words and friendship that might've helped. I DID save my best friends life 10 years ago!! Once she moved here, the DAY she moved here, she got raped and was dealing with the guy torturing her for MONTHS afterward!!!! And her boyfriend was much more of an asshole than ANY kind of help to her at ALL, and she WAS SERIOUSLY considering killing herself!!!! We talked and I helped her through her dark period!! :-D We're still best friends to this day and she's had two great kids, left that incredible asshole for good and she proudly tells people that I saved her life!! :-)
I WISH I could've helped, Robin, or at LEAST been given the chance!! I KNOW what it's like to be alone!! I've been alone most of my 57 years!! :-(

At a press conference the Coroner of the Marin County Sheriff's Office said that Robin Williams had apparently hanged himself with his belt and that the cause of death based on preliminary autopsy results was "asphyxia due to hanging.". It also seems he had attempted to cut his wrists but had only suffered superficial wounds.

Results from toxicology tests are expected in two to six weeks.

It's been suggested he had bipolar because of his fluctuating between episodes of extreme energy, focus and productivity (mania) and severe depression but it's not confirmed.

He certainly was suffering from severe depression though as it reported he had been getting treatment.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon