Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Recognizability

Do people recognize you en femme? A couple of personal occurrences suggest not.

When my daughter opened my 'coming out' letter, a photo of Clara fell out first. Looking at the photo, she did not realize that it was her father in makeup and a wig. When she turned it over and saw the name written there, one that was also unfamiliar to her, she thought it might be a long lost relative. Only when she began reading the letter did it click.

Last night, I was at our TG club's favorite bar talking to friends. A man pulls up a chair and joins the conversation. I looked at the fellow and not knowing who he was introduced myself and waited for him to respond in kind. Another gal says, "You already know him." Well, even with that hint, I couldn't tell who he was, so I was told. "OMG, really?" was all I could say.

So, I'm wondering if anyone who knows you as a male, has failed to recognize you en femme. If it's common for that to happen, it could mean that going out en femme is not as risky as one might think.

Clara

When I handed a photo of myself to my DW, very similar to the one I used for my avatar, she said "who is she" and was quite shaken when I told her; and that was just a wig and a little bit of makeup. I'm not sure that this recognition problem does not contribute to the difficulty for SOs in accepting the reality of a transgendered partner, since it tends to suggest that the SO is now dealing with a different person from the one they married or with whom they had a long standing union. I wonder how many people here, if any, would recognize me if they were to meet me in male dress?

I'd have to say yes. One night I decided to take a late night stroll to the closed (for the night) mall a mile from here en femme and, about half way there some cops were arresting or looking for someone and one of them rounded the corner right in front of me, pulled up right beside me and said, "Hey, buddy, have you seen (such & such) guy?" I have no idea who the cop was and I seriously doubt he knew me, he wasn't local, but, how he saw me as a guy in the dark at 3:00 a.m. instead of a girl when I was wearing a short burgundy skirt, pantyhose, a bra and my very visible tits under my tight shirt and a little black shoulder bag, I don't know!!

i was lucky enough to find out i would 'blend in' early on. when i was married, i dressed up for halloween . being lucky to not have a pronounced adams apple and having shapely legs, it was fairly easy. i have always been slight of frame, only 5'8" tall helped too. my ex and i were waiting for a cab when two men were walking down the street,of course, checking me out, one of them asked for my number. i being in a silly mood, said in a masculine voice"sure". of course one guy started laughing and said"omg,thats a guy"....i. wonder if the other man needed therapy after that.....hahaha

(17-08-2014, 10:33 PM)squirrelwithboobs Wrote:  i was lucky enough to find out i would 'blend in' early on. when i was married, i dressed up for halloween . being lucky to not have a pronounced adams apple and having shapely legs, it was fairly easy. i have always been slight of frame, only 5'8" tall helped too. my ex and i were waiting for a cab when two men were walking down the street,of course, checking me out, one of them asked for my number. i being in a silly mood, said in a masculine voice"sure". of course one guy started laughing and said"omg,thats a guy"....i. wonder if the other man needed therapy after that.....hahaha

You should've started with, "Sure, 1-800-......"
LMAO, or, give the number for the White House! "Ask for Michelle."

(17-08-2014, 10:37 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(17-08-2014, 10:33 PM)squirrelwithboobs Wrote:  i was lucky enough to find out i would 'blend in' early on. when i was married, i dressed up for halloween . being lucky to not have a pronounced adams apple and having shapely legs, it was fairly easy. i have always been slight of frame, only 5'8" tall helped too. my ex and i were waiting for a cab when two men were walking down the street,of course, checking me out, one of them asked for my number. i being in a silly mood, said in a masculine voice"sure". of course one guy started laughing and said"omg,thats a guy"....i. wonder if the other man needed therapy after that.....hahaha

You should've started with, "Sure, 1-800-......"
LMAO, or, give the number for the White House!

hahhaahah i was nervous as heck they were gonna beat me ... but with my ftm spouse, i knew i was relatively safe.

My question wasn't whether or not you pass as a woman when en femme, but would someone who otherwise knows you as a man, recognize you dressed as a woman?

Clara

(17-08-2014, 11:12 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  My question wasn't whether or not you pass as a woman when en femme, but would someone who otherwise knows you as a man, recognize you dressed as a woman?

Clara

no. but i think some of that relies on how much time it has been since a person has seen u last. five minutes, five hrs, five years?

not to mention how well 'said' person knows you.....

I should have something for you on this topic (whether I want to or not) starting Tuesday lmao.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon