Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Joanna's Program

(01-09-2014, 06:10 AM)Candace Wrote:  This product has the ReishiMax extract that was used in the impressive studies.

This product seems close enough and is cheaper than ReishiMax. It's the triterpenes that do the 5-AR inhibition, so that's the metric to compare. The polysaccharides just help the immune system fight cancer.

Thanks Candace that's good to know that not all of the Reishi products are not the same. I've looked around and noticed that the prices for Reishi vary greatly and wondered why that is. I assume its the difference in the potency and effectiveness.

Still its hard to explain why Natures Way sells for 6.89 for 100 capsules while Life Extension is 22.50 for 60 capsules.

(02-09-2014, 02:03 PM)Joanna-J Wrote:  Thanks Candace that's good to know that not all of the Reishi products are not the same. I've looked around and noticed that the prices for Reishi vary greatly and wondered why that is. I assume its the difference in the potency and effectiveness.

Still its hard to explain why Natures Way sells for 6.89 for 100 capsules while Life Extension is 22.50 for 60 capsules.
Nature's Way contains only 188 mg of extract per capsule and there's no triterpene guarantee, while LEF guarantees triterpenes and has 490 mg of extract. Usually Nature's Way is a classy company so I was surprised to see them cheating on this one.

Joanna,

You were wise to drop the Crestor. Most docs will deny this because they haven't heard it from the pharma reps or the AMA, but high cholesterol is a symptom of low hormones (thyroid, T, E, etc.). Lowering cholesterol doesn't fix the underlying problem, and triglycerides are far worse for plugging arteries than cholesterol is, but statins do not lower triglycerides. Furthermore, there is no proof that statins extend lifespan, but there is a lot of money to be made in selling and monitoring their use.

Candace was spot on about Co-Q10 supplementation when on a statin. At least one statin maker tried to get FDA approval for a statin combined with Co-Q10, but the FDA denied the application. Most doctors know nothing about nutrition so they never mention the need to supplement with Co-Q10 to prevent the muscle weakness.

(18-09-2014, 10:07 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  Joanna,

You were wise to drop the Crestor. Most docs will deny this because they haven't heard it from the pharma reps or the AMA, but high cholesterol is a symptom of low hormones (thyroid, T, E, etc.). Lowering cholesterol doesn't fix the underlying problem, and triglycerides are far worse for plugging arteries than cholesterol is, but statins do not lower triglycerides. Furthermore, there is no proof that statins extend lifespan, but there is a lot of money to be made in selling and monitoring their use.

Candace was spot on about Co-Q10 supplementation when on a statin. At least one statin maker tried to get FDA approval for a statin combined with Co-Q10, but the FDA denied the application. Most doctors know nothing about nutrition so they never mention the need to supplement with Co-Q10 to prevent the muscle weakness.

Thank You Monika for reinforcing what I had already felt about the regular taking of Crestor or other statins. All I know is that I felt terrible while taking it, once I stopped and switched to 1000mg of garlic daily I felt much better plus my LDL counts continued to stay lower. My doctor still insists that I should return to taking Crestor. but I also know that he is regularly visited by the big pharmaceuticals and given all kinds of free samples and who knows what else. So of course he is going to be a pusher of their products.

A perfect example is thalidomide the "wonder drug" of the late 50's which was supposed to cure just about anything from insomnia, coughs, colds and headaches to morning sickness and initially sold over the counter. Even after years of data showing how dangerous it was during pregnancy causing fetal abnormalities and killing and mutilating thousands of babies it was moved to a prescription only drug rather than being banned which took public outcry and years of numerous court battles to get rid of it.... sort of.

Instead the manufacturers just claimed that it now cured leprosy and some forms of cancer and despite being proven to be less than effective on leprosy and have caused numerous secondary issues with cancer patients it along with analogs of the original drug continue to be prescribed to this day.

So is it safe to trust the big drug companies? Absolutely not. If there is a dollar to be made peddling snake oil they will and they will coerce or bribe any regulatory body they need to in order to push the crap they make.

Joanna

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on my program to date after the first full month.

I'm now on a regular course of 1500mg of PM daily (capsule) ,
400mg of Reishi daily (Thank You for the lead Candace) ,
daily massage with PM breast cream

To date I have seen some growth, but a definite firming is noticeable with some tenderness at times.

Just wondering if there is there some point where I should increase the PM level or should I continue at the 1500mg / day until I do not see any further growth then try increasing PM ?

Measurements as of today are:
Under Bust 44.5"/Bust 47" as of 09/27/2014

Extra 1/2" in just over a month. Wish it was more but I'll take what I can get. Big Grin

Thanks again to everyone for all the help you have given me, it is really appreciated.

Joanna

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon