Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Accidentally outed myself today.

I've heard of those types of hose, but never heard them called anything but thigh highs.
The never stay up on me, either. Within a few minutes they become knee highs!!
Pantyhose don't exactly stay up, either. I usually wear a leotard over them to hold them up. I'll put them on and I can take two steps and FEEL them sliding down with each step!!
I've found a good way to slide them back up, though, but, of course, they don't stay up much longer: wet your hands slightly. To do this, just quickly "grab" the water pouring from a faucet with just one hand, then smear that water onto the palm of the other. You don't want too much water!! Now, put your foot on the edge of a stool or the bathroom sink, slap your hands around the bottom of your foot or at least your ankle and firmly, but gently slide them up your leg and you'll feel the pantyhose slide up with them!! You might need to wet your hands 2 or 3 times per leg. The water will dry on the pantyhose in just a minute or 3!

A garter belt and stockings are fun, and more comfortable than pantyhose.

I think these names and equivalents are correct. Just to help any confusion. lol

US__________________UK
Hose________________Stockings
Thigh highs___________Hold ups
Garter belt___________Suspender belt
Garter_______________Garter
Pantyhose____________Tights

Strange? I've never had any problem with Thigh highs/Hold ups. Apart from buying the wrong size. I have dozens in different colours and designs. Also Stockings/Hose as well. Love how comfortable they are. Mostly only wear Tights/Pantyhose in cold weather to keep warm.

I always have to double check sizes because of my hight and manufacturers don't follow a uniform size range.

Denita

(31-08-2014, 09:50 PM)Denita Wrote:  I think these names and equivalents are correct. Just to help any confusion. lol

US__________________UK

Strange? I've never had any problem with Thigh highs/Hold ups. Apart from buying the wrong size. I have dozens in different colours and designs. Also Stockings/Hose as well. Love how comfortable they are. Mostly only wear Tights/Pantyhose in cold weather to keep warm.

I always have to double check sizes because of my hight and manufacturers don't follow a uniform size range.

Denita

You know, I love stockings and a garter belt, myself. But I also hate the whole tucking business. A good tight thong or panty with a good pair of pantyhose and I am done...secure for the night and comfortable. But without the pantyhose...well lets just say I really hate gaffs and/or tape, so I prefer pantyhose...lol

It's too fucking hot here to wear hose all the time. You will see at scc. I go through a roll of tape a week LOL.

Oh I know, Sarah. And God I hate humidity. Thats why I like living in a more civilized climate...haha. But I expect to make "other arrangements" (tee hee) in Atlanta...haha
Anyway, we will probably be in AC most of the time.
Sorry for derailing your thread, Denita.

(31-08-2014, 11:36 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Sorry for derailing your thread, Denita.

Derail away I don't mind.

I'm an unusual English person in that I refuse to talk about weather unless it's interestingly extreme. Certainly not going to moan about it like 90% of the population does. It's doing what it's mean to do, it's England, it rains, deal with it. lol

Sorry, having a mini rant. Big Grin

Denita

(31-08-2014, 09:50 PM)Denita Wrote:  I think these names and equivalents are correct. Just to help any confusion. lol

US__________________UK

Denita

We use stockings over here. We also call tights, tights! I've never heard of pantyhose called tights.
If hold-ups are thigh highs, what do they call knee highs or ankle highs?

(01-09-2014, 04:04 AM)Denita Wrote:  
(31-08-2014, 11:36 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Sorry for derailing your thread, Denita.

Derail away I don't mind.

I'm an unusual English person in that I refuse to talk about weather unless it's interestingly extreme. Certainly not going to moan about it like 90% of the population does. It's doing what it's mean to do, it's England, it rains, deal with it. lol

Sorry, having a mini rant. Big Grin

Denita

We're on the same meridian, it's always either raining or threatening to rain, here. Seattle's the same way and they are also on the same meridian.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon